Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
honestly what incentive does ohio state
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

honestly what incentive does ohio state

Dec 1, 2020, 7:53 PM

really have to play the remainder of their games? the committee is going to blow them no matter what and put them in

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: honestly what incentive does ohio state

Dec 1, 2020, 8:01 PM

Doubt that! The biggest Buckeye in the media: Kirk Herbstreit has said he didn't think they would get in if the rest of their games are cancelled. Missing a game or maybe even two is one thing. Having less than half of what every other team has had to go through is another thing.

IN a non-covid year; if you could just eye test and then shut it down many a team would be in the playoffs. I think back to Maryland and Mcfarland at the beginning of last season! They got highly ranked and was blowing folks out the first few weeks. Then Bam - they had some guys get knicked up. They lost a couple and it snowballed. YOu don't put your "football life" on the line half as many times and give opponents an opportunity to find out what you aren't good at with less games. More games eventually teams find a chink in the armor. It would not be fair and I couldn't see them surviving the fallout long term if they made that decision of putting in a four or 5 game/win Ohio State.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 8:14 AM

Say what? Maryland started 2-0 last year with wins over Howard and Syracuse. Their highest ranking of the season was #21.

Dec 1, 2020, 11:51 PM

0310 has to worry about the possibility of

1 loss Clemson
1 loss 'domer
1 loss 'bamer
1 loss FL
1 loss TA&M

or a team that's played 4 games, 3 against terrible teams. I hope they do get left out, the tears would would be heavenly.

All I want for Christmas is

Dec 2, 2020, 4:14 PM

A cryin Ryan Day!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They won’t get in if they don’t play any more games...

Dec 2, 2020, 7:12 AM

In fact, they probably won’t get in unless they are able to play ALL of their games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: They won’t get in if they don’t play any more games...

Dec 2, 2020, 7:27 AM

Sounds like osu will be playing this weekend. It’s really unfair to all of the other team that are at the top. What the point of potentially playing 11/12 games if osu gets to play 7 games and get in.

Dec 2, 2020, 8:18 AM

That's one way to look at it. I look at it the other way a bit though. The other teams would've had 9, 10, or 11 games to build depth, develop players, correct mistakes, etc... Think about a typical season for Clemson over the past 5-6 years. How many times has Clemson looked like a much different team by the end of the season as compared to the middle of the season?

Dec 2, 2020, 4:07 PM

Couldn’t agree more with this. You’re crazy if you think OSU doesn’t want to play every game they can. Missing games is not their fault, and I see playing only 7 games as a serious disadvantage for them come playoff time.

To be honest, would playing Perdue and Minnesota have made a difference? Not likely as they would still finish undefeated. The big difference is that OSU is not going to be as “battle tested” so to speak. I see trouble for them in the playoff.

Dec 2, 2020, 8:30 AM

Just think about this: Clemson beats ND in close ACCCG. Florida beats Bama in close SECCG. I don't think an undefeated OSU with only 6 games played gets in over 1 loss Bama or 1 loss ND who played full schedules.

Oh and if I were Cincy or BYU, I would be finding a way to play each other before Dec 20th. The winner of that could throw a monkey wrench in the whole thing for OSU...but IMHO its the only way one of those teams get in.

And doesn't 2020 just make that whole "13th data point" argument look silly from a couple years back. Now you talking about putting teams in the CFP who play half the games of other teams? Admit it - the 13th data point was just your excuse to what you already had in your mind to do.

Dec 2, 2020, 4:16 PM

+1 for 13th data point dunk.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic