Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our biggest threat?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,685

Our biggest threat?

Feb 8, 2015, 11:44 PM

I'm curious who you all think our biggest threat is next season.

I'm particularly concerned about GT. It's literally the only game that's worrisome a bit. Of course there is the Notre Dames of the world and the FSUs. But I feel like both of those games are very much manageable with a healthy Watson.

GT has always proven to be a nuisance. They have the ability to slow a game down and really make you pay when you don't convert. There offense doesn't seem too shabby with a QB that can sling it and a 221 lb RB in Days.

I think FSU can present a challenge if our run defense takes too big a step backward. Cook is only going to get better...especially when he cures himself of fumblitis.

What you guys think? I don't necessarily think our schedule is a walk in the park but if we can get past a team or two...I think it'll be smooth sailing to the ACCCG and a playoff birth. I'm just going to hate having to go up against GT in a championship game right before the big show....they love to injury Dlinemen...guys we can't really afford to lose to many.

In the end, I think our O will be #### near impossible to stop if Watson remains free from injury. Our D will have to play at it best to even sniff what last years line was able to do. I think they have the chance to be very good...maybe not #1, but I would think top 20. With our O, I think it's enough to get the job done.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our biggest threat?

Feb 9, 2015, 1:13 AM

If we are 4-0 going into GT, that means we will have overcome and beat media darlings Louisville and ND, will easily be in the top 10, possibly even top 5 and confidence levels in peak shape. It's really all about KNOWING you're going to win. I feel like this year our Tigers KNEW they were going to beat the coots and boomer sooners...confidence levels were high particularly with the Defense. Put that much confidence also in our Offense and that makes for a powerful argument for a win. Watson stays healthy in last year's GT game and we win that game.

The GT game will also be at home this Fall. I'm not sure how much a better setup you could ask for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our biggest threat?

Feb 9, 2015, 1:38 AM

I think going on the road to Louisville.

Re: Our biggest threat? Overconfidence...not only within

Feb 9, 2015, 5:22 PM

the staff and team, but ourselves, beginning with the first game.

That's why the prudent man will take one game at a time, never underestimate any opponent, avoid unrealistic expectations, celebrate each victory...and repeat. Game after game after game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 6:33 AM

GT lost all their RBs and their best receivers. It will take them a while to get going and to break in any new backs. We will be ready for them in the valley, and like someone said earlier, we will be on a roll at 4-0 and coming off a win over Notre Dame the previous week. I too am curious how our new "war daddys" are going to play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Our biggest threat? Overconfidence...not only within ]

You got it right. Our biggest threat is the Clemson Tigers.

Definately GT.They lose nobody and now they actually have

Feb 9, 2015, 7:44 AM

A passing game to defend.

Re: Definately GT.They lose nobody and now they actually have

Feb 9, 2015, 9:43 AM

I agree that Georgia Tech is always a team that is troublesome, and I think Paul Johnson is one of the best coaches at the triple option. But they do actually lose ALOT of their playmakers. At RB they lose Days, Laskey, Perkins, Zenon, and Hill. They contributed over 3,000 yards rushing out of 4,789. So literally the only rusher they have returning is Thomas the QB. And receiving they are losing their top 3 in particular and in total over 1,800 yds out of 1,882, along with I believe at least 3 starting OL. Now I'm not saying they don't have players ready to step up, but thats a lot of experience and contributors gone. Basically the only production they get back is Thomas.

Louiville

Feb 9, 2015, 7:55 AM

On the road. Cupcake lead in. Rebuilt defense.

home game, and if Watson is healthy....

Feb 9, 2015, 9:06 AM

I think we will be fine.

Ifs and buts and worth a whole lot, but we were on our way to handling that game this year until Watson went out.

I truly believe that winning that game was a real confidence boost for them and was a catalyst to how they finished the year.

I think they played over their heads the rest if the way, but that's just me.

I will say their QB is the best they've had in years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: home game, and if Watson is healthy....

Feb 9, 2015, 10:00 AM

GT will not be able to stop Clemson. Last year we were about to go up 10-0 before Watson got injured. Clemson will get enough stops in the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,685
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic