Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
guys, i'm nervous... going in for the big vasectomy tomorrow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

guys, i'm nervous... going in for the big vasectomy tomorrow

Aug 11, 2016, 3:04 PM

not ashamed of it, but very concerned about the procedure. we have 2 kids... thats enough for me!

i know some of my tnet brethren have had it done... so, please help put my mind at ease!!!

spare the jokes.. i've heard them all!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: guys, i'm nervous... going in for the big vasectomy tomorrow

Aug 11, 2016, 3:07 PM

No problem...prep work you have to do is worse than procedure. A couple of days lounging and no worries.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2016, 3:07 PM

I have had it done. Not too bad, just the initial numbing, and some soreness for a couple of days. Just make sure that you are able to rest a couple of days after

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it March Madness already?

Aug 11, 2016, 3:09 PM

Man time flies.....

Nn worries piece of cake easy as pie. Going to dentist is much worse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No big deal. Just as Gwood Tiger said. Went pretty smoothly for me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prep Work - Standing on your head and

Aug 11, 2016, 3:12 PM

Shaving a bag of marbles...

Spare the jokes, spoil the child. Sack up, brother...

Aug 11, 2016, 3:12 PM

no pressure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5nYX-iuUFk

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope he knows...

Aug 11, 2016, 4:28 PM

That's not what Clemson is talking about when they implemented the "clear bag policy!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2016, 3:13 PM

Well, you better hope that doc has steady hands or that robot does not go crazy. No what I mean?

Aug 11, 2016, 3:15 PM
lol.jpg(22.1 K)

Just kidding :)

Ouch

Aug 11, 2016, 3:16 PM
lol.jpg(22.1 K)

No worries :)

Hillary Clinton is all for it !

Aug 11, 2016, 3:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wish her dad would have been...

Aug 13, 2016, 1:36 PM

nm

Aug 11, 2016, 3:23 PM

main thing is listen to doc, relax for two days. you will feel like you can do anything after, but just relax on the couch. if you overdo it can be a problem. it's not a bax procedure.

Good advice I did one on a guy that felt so good

Aug 11, 2016, 10:32 PM

The next day one time that he played football. Bad move . . .

Don't do anything the next day and very little the following

Aug 11, 2016, 3:25 PM

it'll be easy.....no sweat....if you like PAIN!! LOL!

Same deal here

Aug 11, 2016, 3:29 PM

We had 2 kids and I had learned what caused them so I took care of that about 5 years ago. After it's over you'll be wondering why you were so nervous. Really isn't that big of a deal other than you have to sit with your junk out for 20 minutes. Not really painful at all.

^^^^POTD if I've ever seen one!!^^^^

Aug 11, 2016, 4:23 PM

That's just good stuff!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^Proof that you never know what you'll see on Tigernet^^***

Aug 11, 2016, 3:33 PM

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: ^^Proof that you never know what you'll see on Tigernet^^***

Aug 11, 2016, 3:34 PM

pigs?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Aug 11, 2016, 3:35 PM

Honestly, one of my biggest regrets, and reversals don't always work.
Cancel your appointment and read Sex Au Naturel by Patrick Coffin. You can always reschedule later if you're not convinced.

Why, and how old were you when you had yours?***

Aug 11, 2016, 9:29 PM

null

Why, and how old were you when you had yours?***

Aug 11, 2016, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: guys, i'm nervous... going in for the big vasectomy tomorrow ]

null

Aug 11, 2016, 3:35 PM

A. It's painless

B. Gets you a couple of days lounging on the couch

On a pain scale of 1-10. 10 being something like a broken ankle or shredded ligaments. I'd give it a 2 (maybe). An ingrown toenail is much worse.

Better take it easy this weekend

Aug 11, 2016, 3:36 PM

You can do some serious injury down there if you over do it

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just keep saying "Boy it's cold in here!"

Aug 11, 2016, 3:37 PM

The doc I had gave a valium about 30 minutes or so before the actual procedure, which sure helped make it a piece of cake. The numbing shot is probably to worst part, but is just a pin-prick and some pressure. Some pressure when docs got the vas stretched out. When the lidocane wears off, it'll feel like someone kicked you in the nuts yesterday. Doesn't really hurt, but sure doesn't feel good either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2016, 3:39 PM

Does a big vasectomy cost more than a standard one?

Aug 11, 2016, 3:41 PM

I don't whether you think you're writing to Dear Abby or the Penthouse Forum, but in my opinion, you deserve as much mockery as can be dished out.

I DON'T CARE TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR VASECTOMY ON THE TIGERNET FORUM!

> not ashamed of it, but very concerned about the
> procedure. we have 2 kids... thats enough for me!
>
> i know some of my tnet brethren have had it done...
> so, please help put my mind at ease!!!
>
> spare the jokes.. i've heard them all!

how much is it? i have

Aug 11, 2016, 4:11 PM

4 kids and need to get this procedure done asap

with my insurance, it's like $130

Aug 11, 2016, 5:38 PM

Without insurance I think it's somewhere around 700

Piece of cake....

Aug 11, 2016, 4:17 PM

the physician gave me a Valium to take about an hour before the procedure and I ended-up falling asleep in the waiting room.

You'll get to spend the weekend on the couch in front of the TV with an ice pack on your boys, and your wife will get to spend the weekend waiting on you hand and foot. It's really not that painful at all but don't tell her that.

As the surgery site heals, it may itch a bit. Don't make the mistake of scratching.

Just remind your wife that she will also have to "help" you collect a sample for your follow-up post-operative visit.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Heard them all? Why did the Tnet poster wear a tuxedo to his

Aug 11, 2016, 4:18 PM

vasectomy?
Because if you're gonna be impotent, you gotta look impotent.

Come on!!!! That's pretty good yeah?

Good luck with the whole snipping. ;)
Sounds painful, but I do wish u a speedy recovery.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heard them all? Why did the Tnet poster wear a tuxedo to his

Aug 11, 2016, 4:27 PM

I'll repeat what I said the last time it came up here:

Mine was no trouble at all.
Wife came to pick me up and offered to take me back for the truck when I was ready, but I could shift my ol' truck just fine.
I loafed a little, but really there was no need. I'm not a bicyclist or a jogger, though.
I did go bank fishing that afternoon. You'll be sore, but far from incapacitated.
That time a cowboy-boot wearing kid in 2nd grade kicked me in the swimsuit area was worse.
I was in Sumter then, so he was probably a Cackling.

PS: Do not let anyone see this. Milk it for a week if you can. Practice your pain moan in advance. Acquire a little bell to ask for things with. Get as many tasks done by others as possible (lawn, etc). Gather intel- do your coworkers know what all is involved? Perhaps there are perks to be had at work as well.

Re: Heard them all? Why did the Tnet poster wear a tuxedo to his

Aug 11, 2016, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Heard them all? Why did the Tnet poster wear a tuxedo to his ]

I'll repeat what I said the last time it came up here:

Mine was no trouble at all.
Wife came to pick me up and offered to take me back for the truck when I was ready, but I could shift my ol' truck just fine.
I loafed a little, but really there was no need. I'm not a bicyclist or a jogger, though.
I did go bank fishing that afternoon. You'll be sore, but far from incapacitated.
That time a cowboy-boot wearing kid in 2nd grade kicked me in the swimsuit area was worse.
I was in Sumter then, so he was probably a Cackling.

PS: Do not let anyone see this. Milk it for a week if you can. Practice your pain moan in advance. Acquire a little bell to ask for things with. Get as many tasks done by others as possible (lawn, etc). Gather intel- do your coworkers know what all is involved? Perhaps there are perks to be had at work as well.

Be careful- my buddy just had one

Aug 11, 2016, 4:25 PM

And it didn't keep him from having more kids, it just changed the baby's skin color.

Sorry.

GL!

Don't use the same prep barber as your normal barber

Aug 11, 2016, 4:31 PM

its a little awkward the next time you go in for a trim.

No problems with mine

Aug 11, 2016, 4:37 PM

During the procedure you might feel a pulling that is almost like a rubber band feel and you might smell the odor of burning flesh when they cauterize - now I am talking about my procedure from 20 years ago, but there absolutely was no pain.

Afterwards, just do everything they tell you - with ice and pain meds, etc.

Take it easy for a few days and you will be fine.

As my wife said to me.....nothing like what she had to go thru to have our 2 kids. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier is that you?? Can you make them make it larger?

Aug 11, 2016, 4:40 PM

signed conner shaw

Aug 11, 2016, 4:57 PM

A friend of mine wore a tuxedo to his. When they asked him why he wore the tux he told them "if you're going to be impotent you have to look impotant!"

null

frozen peas will be your friend***

Aug 11, 2016, 5:12 PM

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Well I'll tellya...

Aug 11, 2016, 7:12 PM

One of my brothers had one of those several years ago. They started off by getting him prepped and feelin' all happy. Then the doctor, wearing nonconductive surgical gloves by the way, picked up the knife off an ungrounded tray and started moving it into position when all of a sudden....zap. 100,000 volts of electrosatic discharge went from the tip of the knife to the shortest path to ground through his private parts. So all I can do is wish you good luck with that tomorrow. Hope this helps.

Aug 11, 2016, 7:43 PM

I had it done several years ago. Afterwards, the doc said "You did well." I told him it didn't matter how I did, he better have done well.

No drugs. No pain. I was running within a few days.

The efficacy check is a little weird, though. I was hoping a young hot nurse would take the sample; I guess insurance didn't cover that.

Need someone to take care of the wifie while you're down?

Aug 11, 2016, 7:45 PM

askin4afriend

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I went to work next day

Aug 11, 2016, 7:56 PM

Piece of cake

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Aug 11, 2016, 8:13 PM

Get you a big or little ice pack, whichever the case, and use it ASAP. It is a piece of cake and I had no problems.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Test Drive

Aug 11, 2016, 8:13 PM

It's a piece of cake.

Went out to eat afterwards, did a flower / plant show next morning, did a text drive about 24 hours later (if you know what I mean), and played golf after 2 days. Was a little sore after the round of golf.

Tip: Night of - put on two pair of underwear and place a ziplock bag of ice down there for a little bit in between the pairs of underwear. A man could have this done and their wife would never know.

SJT

Aug 11, 2016, 8:14 PM

No pain. No drugs. No problem. Easiest procedure in medicine. No scalpel is the way to go. The worst part is sitting in a cold room with your boys shriveled up and the nurse staring you down. Best part is the dr's orders the following 4 weeks. Thankfully I've got a good wife. ??

Aug 11, 2016, 8:22 PM

Don't worry. It will feel a lot better when it quits hurting.

Take care of the manscaping yourself

Aug 11, 2016, 9:15 PM

Unless you like a dry shave with a disposable BIC

IUD, man. No need to get cut up.

Aug 11, 2016, 11:09 PM

Can chase aunty Flo away, too.

I actually performed my own......

Aug 12, 2016, 9:10 AM

I went for my vasectomy after my 3rd daughter was born in '88. I was on the seat with my feet in the stirrups when the DR started and I propped myself up on my elbows so that I could watch. The Dr. told me that most people just lie back and that I should relax. I told him I could not relax with someone about to cut on my nuts!.

After he chuckled for a few minutes he asked me since I'd seen him do the right side if I would like to do my left. Of course I did. He made the incision and pulled out the vas deferens and I clamped, snipped and cauterized. The next day it felt like I had been kicked in the balls and they were swollen to the size of a softball.

It's really not so bad.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All done! Not bad at all. Took literally 10 minutes..

Aug 12, 2016, 9:49 AM

Shots were not bad either. Doc said I was an easy patient! Would do that over a dental visit any day of the week.

Now, tomorow may be worse but the procedure itself was a breeze

Glad 'Balm took care of you!***

Aug 12, 2016, 9:53 AM

Only 10 minutes?? Hopefully the doctor didn't cut

Aug 12, 2016, 9:53 AM [ in reply to All done! Not bad at all. Took literally 10 minutes.. ]

any corners.

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Must have been a smaller job than he expected.***

Aug 12, 2016, 9:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

That would explain a lot. Maybe easleytigr could research

Aug 12, 2016, 11:13 AM

support groups in his area?

Thoughts to easleytigr, but if it's only a weebit of a thang

Aug 12, 2016, 11:18 AM

how much support could it need, really?

It's physics, we're not talking the Golden Gate here or did you has something else in mind?

The shame and embarrassment can create quite a mental toll

Aug 12, 2016, 11:20 AM

or so I've heard

Maybe E-ZPASS or something, if easley's short on change too?***

Aug 12, 2016, 11:27 AM

Re: All done! Not bad at all. Took literally 10 minutes..

Aug 12, 2016, 12:28 PM [ in reply to All done! Not bad at all. Took literally 10 minutes.. ]

HTH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-zfW9rzOOg

Aug 12, 2016, 9:56 AM

Most pain was when they pulled the tape off my dong. Other than that a little smell of burning flesh but thats about it

Uhh... he's getting a vasectomy , not a brazilian wax.***

Aug 12, 2016, 9:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

what's that like??

Aug 12, 2016, 11:20 AM

asking for lbb

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic