Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
gotta give him credit, old Mack Brown is doing work...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

gotta give him credit, old Mack Brown is doing work...

Mar 7, 2020, 8:19 PM

has flipped a couple in-state commits from Bama to UNC. Drake Maye is a 6-5 210 QB, top 3 in the nation for 2021, 50 TDs & 2 INTs as a Junior. Keeshawn Silver, the #8 DE. Etc, etc. I know it's early, but they now have the #5 class for next year. 8 commits, 7 solid 4-stars. I love it. Really doesn't hurt us, we'll go nationwide to get who we want. But Brown is starting to shut down the state borders to USC and others. And we need somebody to step up in the ACC. You'd typically think FSU, Mia, VaT... but if UNC improves, I'm all for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

It’s hard not to like Mack.***

Mar 7, 2020, 8:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: It’s hard not to like Mack.***

Mar 7, 2020, 8:52 PM

he is like the lightbulbbill® of coaches.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: gotta give him credit, old Mack Brown is doing work...

Mar 7, 2020, 8:21 PM

Drake Maye is a very big deal for UNC. Not so much for Alabama.

Mack has built some good recruiting momentum. Props to him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are going to be a force to reckon with sooner rather than later IMO***

Mar 7, 2020, 8:22 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are going to be a force to reckon with sooner rather than later IMO***

Mar 8, 2020, 1:09 AM

That would make the ACCCG worth the price of the ticket, and that alone is a positive for the ACC, and for our strength of schedule in the ACCCG!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2020, 8:22 PM

He is the second best coach in ACC. In all honesty, he is close to Dabo. They have many similarities.

Mar 7, 2020, 8:23 PM

Mack is one of Dabo’s mentors. Swinney used to visit him while he was in Texas.

Mar 8, 2020, 6:58 AM

You must not remember the 80's if you like Mac Brown. His comparison of UNC to Clemson was: UNC is wine and cheese and Clemson is beer and boiled eggs.

Better than corndogs.

Mar 8, 2020, 8:12 AM

I guess

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2020, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: gotta give him credit, old Mack Brown is doing work... ]

I am with you on that one but of course the UNC Clemson rivalry used to be a lot more bitter than it is now. Now it is they have BB ( they did ) and we have FB.

Mar 8, 2020, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: gotta give him credit, old Mack Brown is doing work... ]

I have no problem with that comparison. In the 80’s, and in many ways the present day, that comparison is correct

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2020, 9:23 AM

That comparison is BS

Mar 10, 2020, 2:23 AM [ in reply to Re: gotta give him credit, old Mack Brown is doing work... ]

I like beer and boiled eggs. I’ll even consume them while wearing orange overalls.

Sam Howell was a true freshman sensation last year. Bo Nix

Mar 7, 2020, 8:54 PM

got more press, because SEC. However... Howell was very impressive.

"The transformation began with Sam Howell flipping from Florida State to the in-state Tar Heels on Dec. 19, 2018 and was capped Friday evening by another massive spatula job in wooing another Old North State blue-chipper in Drake Maye away from Nick Saban and Alabama. In between those two Brown and company secured a signature from exciting dual-threat passer Jacolby Criswell. You could argue no program has recruited the position better than the Tar Heels over the last three cycles".

https://247sports.com/Article/Bo-Nix-dad-Patrick-Nix-Sam-Howell-Jayden-Daniels-college-freshmen-quarterbacks-134881395/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a Tiger ex-pat living in NC, I don't care for Mac

Mar 8, 2020, 1:09 AM

Brown much. I remember when he landed at UNC the 1st time and his first move was to take scholarships away from his players. There were a lot of 'funny' things happening at Chapel Hole and many of them were not good.

I know Dabo really appreciates him for letting him and his staff visit with him at UT way back in Dabo's 1st off-season and that's great. However, I remember him to be a 'low down, cheatin', greasy bastidge, never ever turn your back on or trust him' kind of coach.

The bag man cometh!

Re: As a Tiger ex-pat living in NC, I don't care for Mac

Mar 8, 2020, 1:13 AM

There was already a lot of dirt under the rug at UNCheat before Mack made his first showing there as HC!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2020, 1:25 AM

Amen

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 8, 2020, 1:25 AM [ in reply to As a Tiger ex-pat living in NC, I don't care for Mac ]

Me neither.

I'm familiar with Mack from his days at UT. He's not the jovial Mr. Good Guy many think he is. Comparisons to Dabo make me cringe. Just because Dabo likes him doesn't mean they actually operate the same way. Maybe in his second round at UNC, Mack has learned from Dabo how to do things.

Mack did a great job of creating a public persona of himself on ESPN.

No, I get it. I didn't say I liked him... he is kinda smarmy...

Mar 8, 2020, 8:10 AM

We all know that. Just acknowledging that he is turning UNC around and is probably gonna be a pain in the ### to schools like USC. They're already complaining about how well the Tar Holes are crootin'.

Mar 8, 2020, 8:05 AM [ in reply to As a Tiger ex-pat living in NC, I don't care for Mac ]

Tobacco Road Con Man

He's changed a lot over the last 20 years

Mar 8, 2020, 9:35 AM [ in reply to As a Tiger ex-pat living in NC, I don't care for Mac ]

he was a prickk the frist time at unc, not so much this time

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2020, 8:10 AM

Their QB right now is without question #2 talent at the position behind TL in the ACC .
He looked really good last year , especially late in games ( ask a Coot ) and he was only a true frosh .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 8, 2020, 9:03 AM

There maybe some in our fan base that wouldn't share in my wishes, but I would be glad to see FSU, Miami, and VT to become a power again. Hopefully never better than our Clemson, but better than a lot of the SEC teams that always share in the SEC hype, and believe they to are included as an SEC power, but they actually ride the coattails of the likes of Bama and LSU!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Mar 8, 2020, 9:15 AM

So you buy into the sec hype ??? The sec is not all that

Mar 9, 2020, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: gotta give him credit, old Mack Brown is doing work... ]

They've also got 2 stud running backs.

Mar 8, 2020, 9:16 AM

Mack Brown is nothing but a cheating tar hole

Mar 8, 2020, 9:22 AM

Mack flipped Drake Maye because Freshman Bryce Young will be starting for Bama for the next three years. That's not really a huge accomplishment

I like how quickly he was able to cripple the

Mar 8, 2020, 12:55 PM

Tarhole basketball program. He certainly has my respect.

Mar 8, 2020, 1:08 PM

Mack Brown was a willing participant in the fraudulent classes scam. That’s all you need to know about him.

So what, that's been going on forever at all schools... you watch

Mar 9, 2020, 8:58 PM

interviews and some of these kids can barely form a coherent sentence. Every school has their Underwater Basketweaving major for athletes. Back in the day, it was PRTM at Clemson... it was jokingly called Party Right Through May. I had classes with guys and wondered - how in the hel1 did they get accepted?

edit: I will say, things have changed, and has vastly improved under Dabo... I am so impressed with the athletes that we sign today. Extremely talented and bright young men with character.

Re: So what, that's been going on forever at all schools... you watch

Mar 9, 2020, 10:05 PM

There’s a difference between easy classes and classes that don’t meet or an advisor does your work for you.

Agreed. Somebody even if it's: U of Non-Compliance

Mar 9, 2020, 9:37 PM

...........someone in the Coastal or ACC period, needs to step up. Even if it's those cheating Tarheels.
You are right. Mack Brown is very likable; hope we stomp him though! LOL!

Somebody else in the ACC "surely" will step up eventually, right?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2020, 2:27 AM

I wondered if Maye would flip when Alabama flipped the (other) QB from Cali. Just saw it on 247. Mack definitely is putting a good team together up there and I agree wholeheartedly that it’s good for the ACC and in turn good for Clemson.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic