Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Please don't start with blaming the officials
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Please don't start with blaming the officials

Mar 13, 2019, 2:06 PM

we scored 16 in the entire half and should have fouled the guy out front...we had a foul to give

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was 100% on the refs. No other way to look at it***

Mar 13, 2019, 2:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here's a way to look at it:

Mar 13, 2019, 2:10 PM

1-10 from 3 in the 2H

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well yeah, when your big man is having fouls called

Mar 13, 2019, 2:13 PM

on him for existing, I guess you kind of have to start throwing up 3's.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well yeah, when your big man is having fouls called

Mar 13, 2019, 2:15 PM

True. I haven't seen such blatant interference by referees in a decade or more. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you haven’t watched Clemson Basketball in the last decade or more?

Mar 13, 2019, 2:42 PM

You’re smarter than me. I watch this crap all the time.

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, as a matter of fact, you don't.***

Mar 13, 2019, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Well yeah, when your big man is having fouls called ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: here's a way to look at it:

Mar 13, 2019, 2:13 PM [ in reply to here's a way to look at it: ]

That's on the players. Maybe Nancy is too talented for them. They couldn't set themselves up for a decent shot. Every attempt was out of their range and off balance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why did Brownell change their shooting technique at halftime***

Mar 13, 2019, 2:36 PM [ in reply to here's a way to look at it: ]

Re: That was 100% on the refs. No other way to look at it***

Mar 13, 2019, 2:10 PM [ in reply to That was 100% on the refs. No other way to look at it*** ]

Refs didn't help, but we were the biggest problem. Same old story with this team.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That was 100% on the refs. No other way to look at it***

Mar 13, 2019, 2:16 PM

Refs were the worst I've seen in more than a decade. It was surreal.

They were terrible

Mar 13, 2019, 2:38 PM

They missed the goal tend on Thomas too

Mar 13, 2019, 2:12 PM [ in reply to That was 100% on the refs. No other way to look at it*** ]

Agreed, women score more than that in a half.***

Mar 13, 2019, 2:07 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Officials Certainly Helped But Brad Makes a Muschamp

Mar 13, 2019, 2:08 PM

Look smart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. yep the officials had nothing to do with it.

Mar 13, 2019, 2:08 PM

except when they start calling fouls on you for everything (or nothing like the last two), it kind of changes your approach and ability to score.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

not what i said at all

Mar 13, 2019, 2:09 PM

not what I said at all...I said our scoring 16 had more to do with losing than officials.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not what i said at all

Mar 13, 2019, 2:11 PM

when they start calling fouls on you for everything (or nothing like the last two), it kind of changes your approach and ability to score.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

we can agree to disagree

Mar 13, 2019, 2:12 PM

this team melted under the pressure is what I saw time and again this year. They simply melted down.

We had 2 fouls in the second half up until the last few

Mar 13, 2019, 2:14 PM [ in reply to LOL. yep the officials had nothing to do with it. ]

minutes. How did that impact our ability to score?

Re: We had 2 fouls in the second half up until the last few

Mar 13, 2019, 2:29 PM

Nancy's players impacted our ability to score along with our players lack of focus and drive. Lack of depth hurts too.

Re: LOL. yep the officials had nothing to do with it.

Mar 13, 2019, 2:19 PM [ in reply to LOL. yep the officials had nothing to do with it. ]

If you think the refs had nothing to do with it you're a moron. How many bad calls do you expect a team and coaching staff to overcome? They turned Nancy over 3 times in the last couple of minutes and got credit for none of them. Fouls against Clemson were called instead and Nancy either went to the line or retained possession.

Re: Please don't start with blaming the officials

Mar 13, 2019, 2:10 PM

Agree. We shot 19% in the second half and 1 for 10 from 3 point. Maybe as bad a half compared to the good second half against Syracuse.

This is not an NCAA bid team.

It's hard to blame the referees for an 11 minute scoring drought...that's entirely on coaching and a bizarre lack of leadership for a team starting 4 seniors. The call at the end to DECIDE THE GAME was unforgivable though. That's as bad as it gets.

How many adjustments and back up plans do you expect a coach to have in waiting while the refs are blatantly ripping off your team?

did the officials cause us to miss shots for 11 minutes in a

Mar 13, 2019, 2:13 PM

row?

Re: did the officials cause us to miss shots for 11 minutes in a

Mar 13, 2019, 2:16 PM

Nope sure didn't... we couldn't come up with a play to move the ball around to get a basket inside easy. Refs didn't help but Clemson going over 10 mins that's on them. Running down and throwing up wild 3's isn't going to win you basketball games. Refs played a part but Clemson played a bigger part in this defeat.

yep....our shot selection was absolutely horrible

Mar 13, 2019, 2:17 PM

nm

Re: yep....our shot selection was absolutely horrible

Mar 13, 2019, 2:34 PM

Yes it was and it was due to Nancy playing good defense out to the 3 point line. We did other things to help ourselves but the refs negated it by bailing out out of control Nancy ball handlers.

Re: did the officials cause us to miss shots for 11 minutes in a

Mar 13, 2019, 2:31 PM [ in reply to did the officials cause us to miss shots for 11 minutes in a ]

No and I never said they did. Did Nancy have any scoring droughts in the game? The refs awarded the game to Nancy.

Oh yeah, if we would have scored 10 more points

Mar 13, 2019, 2:14 PM

The refs wouldn't have mattered. We should have to do extra to avoid referee interference. NC State had 2 or 3 extra possessions in the final minute where we were up by 1. We should have had that game locked down but had 2 completely bogus calls by my count. Maybe more.

Mar 13, 2019, 2:17 PM

Are you nut.... did you not see all the bad calls by that Teddy guy ....he helped NC State score at least 16 points in this game.....and yes I blame Coach BB for his poor coaching ability as well.....he really is an expert at blowing the lead in the last few minutes of the game.....Go Tigers!!!!

Mar 13, 2019, 2:35 PM

Refs don't respect him.

Should it have been as close as it was? No. That's on us.

Mar 13, 2019, 2:18 PM

However, if you don't think the refs totally effect the last 30-45 seconds of the game you must have been watching something else. When it mattered most (end of first half and end of the game) there were a lot of disproportional calls against us. Touch fouls that were called one way and not the other. If they were consistent I would say anything, but it was definitely not (even one of the announcers said so).

Easy to blame the refs.

Mar 13, 2019, 2:28 PM

And I will. No question that we went cold and played poorly for a long stretch. No question.

So did NC State.

The officiating at the end of the game was horrid. Positively horrible. I'm not a conspiracy theorist - don't think they preferred one over the other - they just did their jobs poorly.

There's no way NC State wins that game without them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we scored seven points in the last 15 min of that game....

Mar 13, 2019, 2:31 PM

seven....how many games do you win when you score seven over the last 3/4 of a half of basketball...the shot selection was absolutely awful. The bad part is I'm not surprised at all we blew the lead...I was sitting here at the half waiting on it to happen.

You're not wrong, but both can be true.

Mar 13, 2019, 2:35 PM

And they decidedly were. The problem I have is that NC State didn't have to overcome anything but themselves. That's inherently unfair.

They had a bad half, we had a bad half, and the game wasn't decided by either team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed....my only point in the original post is good play

Mar 13, 2019, 2:37 PM

would have easily overcome officials...easily...heck even average play...even average coaching.

Mar 13, 2019, 2:46 PM

Sorry man, don't buy it. I know Brad probably had a screw up or two but it is never not the officials in the ACC tournament. I am at work and can only see the scoreboard but when we were up I knew the officials would soon wake up and know they had to do something about it. I don't have to see it. I've seen it over 45 years. It is always the same.

To be an ACC ref you have to memorize the rules within the ACC, especially for the tournament:

Blue Team over anybody else not blue
Tobacco Road over any Non-Tobacco Road team
Between Duke and UnCheat, UnCheat over Duke
Between Non-Tobacco Road Teams, no particular preference unless:the result enhances a Tobacco Road team, in which case,
Non-Tobacco Road team that enhances Tobacco Road over the Non-Tobacco Road team that does not
or for ranking of enhancement, or in conflicts between the prospects of multiple Tobacco Road teams see above, and

If Clemson is playing another Non-Tobacco Road team, then other Non-Tobacco Road Team over Clemson.

They have a standing order to do whatever is necessary to prevent any upsetting of the hierarchy and stage an intervention when the wrong result is possible. I have no reason to suspect that after 45+ years I am going home to watch a replay in a close ACC tournament game where Clemson got beaten fair and square. It is possible, but would significantly counter observed history. I have seen to many games where Clemson was WAAY better than the opposition and played better and lost on a string of inexplicable calls or lucked out with a two point win. I've seen games where the teams were even but enough ridiculous calls were made early to put us in an impossible hole. I've seen us hosed every way imaginable, and the tournament merely exacerbates the whole thing. The fix is in and it has to be more sure in the tournament.

It is not changing any time soon and won't until someone does something about the stranglehold of corruption. The NCAA had a perfect opportunity about systematic and institutional corruption and academic fraud. Crickets. FBI uncovered bag men all over the Southeast and Williams and Ratface never heard of such a thing? The schools that always get all the top athletes they want never get looked at. But if an alumni at another school slips a kid a bag of cash, horrors!

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic