Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, KB is getting benefit of the doubt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

So, KB is getting benefit of the doubt

May 23, 2018, 2:35 PM

because of seniority and what he helped accomplish last year. How short do you think the leash is? If he can't complete "routine" passes against Furman do you think the heat will really be on him? Also, any way Dabo yanks him at A & M if he isn't performing or if we are down in second half and offense is sputtering?

I like KB. I like his toughness and leadership, but man he didn't look great in the spring game. And yes, I know his style was limited becasue of the touch rule.

Just trying to get opinions. I think we can win with KB or TL if the defense plays as well as they should this season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dabo wouldnt last long in bama making moves like this

May 23, 2018, 2:37 PM

which is why i expect him to never go there when they offer..he can get away with much more here than he could there..that isnt a knock on dabo its a fact though

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban played his Kelly Bryant over his Trevor Lawrence

May 23, 2018, 2:39 PM

for 14.5 out of 15 games last year. Just saying...

and pulled him when he was playing like do do***

May 23, 2018, 2:40 PM

You mean like the game at Auburn where Bama only

May 23, 2018, 2:53 PM

scored 14 points, lost by 12, could've easily been eliminated from the playoffs, and Tua never saw the field??

Shhhhhhhhh

May 23, 2018, 3:26 PM

Just give 42069 enough rope and he'll hang himself. As long as people continue thinking Kelly Bryant is the same as Cole Stoudt you can't win this argument.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Saban played his Kelly Bryant over his Trevor Lawrence

May 23, 2018, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Saban played his Kelly Bryant over his Trevor Lawrence ]

Jalen Hurts is a much better qb than Kb. Besides, tua got a lot of meaningful snaps all year last year. Way more than any of our backups.

If kb starts this year, I look for another transfer and maybe before the year starts. Most likely at wr position.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well KB is definitely going to start game 1 this year

May 23, 2018, 3:07 PM

so we will see how right/wrong you are.

How do Tua's snaps compare to our backups last year?

May 23, 2018, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Saban played his Kelly Bryant over his Trevor Lawrence ]

I believe our backups got somewhere around 180 snaps last year? How many did Tua have before the national championship game?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: How do Tua's snaps compare to our backups last year?

May 23, 2018, 3:59 PM

not sure how many snap counts he had but I know he played a lot of snaps.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He attempted 53 passes before the title game

May 23, 2018, 4:24 PM

Cooper + Johnson attempted 68.

Re: How do Tua's snaps compare to our backups last year?

May 23, 2018, 4:07 PM [ in reply to How do Tua's snaps compare to our backups last year? ]

Tua played the entire second half during 2 Sec games, not to mention all the other games he got in. No matter how many snaps each backup exactly got, that’s much more valuable experience than any of our guys got playing a few scattered series here or there throughout the year.

Re: dabo wouldnt last long in bama making moves like this

May 23, 2018, 2:43 PM [ in reply to dabo wouldnt last long in bama making moves like this ]

So saying dabo can’t judge qb talent isn’t a knock on him?

May 23, 2018, 3:01 PM

He started Stoudt over Watson! Stupid! He’s doing it again.

May 23, 2018, 4:11 PM

It’s funny you would call someone stupid when you think stoudt playing the first 2 games over a true freshman coming off an injury and Kelly Bryant who started 14 games the previous season are the same scenario. Actually it’s hilarious.

FIRE DABO! This preseason depth chart is meaningful and has been deemed errant!***

May 23, 2018, 2:57 PM [ in reply to dabo wouldnt last long in bama making moves like this ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 23, 2018, 4:32 PM [ in reply to dabo wouldnt last long in bama making moves like this ]

You do realize Nick Saban did the same thing last year? He’s still at Alabama!

Re: So, KB is getting benefit of the doubt

May 23, 2018, 2:44 PM

Dabo being Dabo. We all knew this would go down same as it did when he started Stoudt over DW.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

May 23, 2018, 2:49 PM

RB, your icon, do you know who the two players are with Coach Howard. One of them I kne well.

Thanks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, KB is getting benefit of the doubt***

May 23, 2018, 3:21 PM

Is one of them Bob Martin? Can’t make out the other jerseys number but if memory serves me right Bob Martin wore 84.

Re: So, KB is getting benefit of the doubt***

May 23, 2018, 3:46 PM

Dr Martin was my family physician in Fort Mill. Still play golf with his youngest son a few times a year.

May 23, 2018, 2:59 PM

TL could start from day one if practice is like the spring game but I doubt that is the case. I assume KB will start as he will have a better command of the O in practice and I believe he can make the throws we need. If he TL plays well against Furman I believe Dabo would put him in at A&M if we were down 7-10 at halftime and our O was doing nothing at all.

May 23, 2018, 3:19 PM

Calm down guys, we don't play Furman tomorrow. Fall practice hasn't started yet and things can change. None of us really know what Dabo's plans are nor do we know the minute details re his assessments. Put your worries and concerns in the closet, relax over the summer and your days on this earth will be longer and enjoyment of life even better.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2018, 4:05 PM

Yep, you're right. Still chapped that HJ transferred. Just really liked the fella and had hoped to see him light it up like the couple times he did last year.

May 23, 2018, 4:13 PM

He was never going to play a meaningful snap at clemson. No we ay he was beating out TL. It’s really not a surprise.

Kelly Bryant WILL be the starter wk1 and wk2 at TA&M

May 23, 2018, 3:14 PM

Dabo is not going to start a true freshman over KB heading into College Station in wk2. TL will still get a chance to shine in this game and I see him having a more effective night running the offense in a Clemson win. From this game on, TL will be the starter, but no sooner.

TL won't come in until we lose or KB gets hurt

May 23, 2018, 4:30 PM

Stop creating so much drama. Is the name of he game winning or winning with more passing stats?

The only other way is if KB has like a near loss or several really crappy games. But he ain't going to. I thought the Louisville game last year he was going to do that and he had the offense controlling that game in the defending Heisman's house.

You are exactly correct. Nothing more or nothing less.***

May 23, 2018, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Kelly Bryant WILL be the starter wk1 and wk2 at TA&M ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2018, 3:48 PM

benefit of the doubt huh. lmao

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2018, 4:07 PM

Clemson needs 2 QBs ready to operate at a high level from the first play against Furman. That’s really all that matters now and in September.

KB has run the silent count in loud and hostile road environments. I see that as the main thing that would have him starting at College Station to avoid any miscommunication or bad/early snaps that could lead to points for A&M and incite their crowd. You don’t really know if a true freshman can handle that right away so just ease him into that game when the crowd is subdued a little.

May 23, 2018, 4:15 PM

Holy cow —-just remember the spring game the quarterbacks were not live — in other words you could not hit them. it’s easy to have a ton of confidence when you’re a throwing quarterback like Trevor when you know nobody can clock you! Kelly Bryant is a running type quarterback with an above average arm - he’s not perfect by any stretch but he can play and he has proven it - 12 wins - ACC championship — college football playoff appearance. I am glad he is the starter— he’s the starter because he simply is the best quarterback right now! When Trevor Lawrence actually plays in a real game where the opposing players can touch him or breathe heavy on him maybe then he proves it. He is a really really really skinny young man — we know Kelly B can take a hit. Go get them Kelly B — don’t listen to all the negative .

May 23, 2018, 4:28 PM

I'm glad a bunch of you posters have no say in how Dabo manages this team!! I will let him do his job as many on here should!!!!

Don't discount knowledge of the playbook.. experience

May 23, 2018, 4:40 PM

DAbo won't start anyone until he and the coaches are confident that the potential QB knows the in's and out's of the playbook. Kelly does, TL probably not yet.

Otherwise you'll have issues with turnovers and possibly injuries. Ability is great but if he's not confident yet in audibles, defense recognition, and being smart with the ball then coach ain't putting him out there. My guess is that's the case.

Ya'll get mad that Dabo started Cole over DW4. That was bc DW4 wasn't ready yet mentally not bc Cole was better in ability.

Same with TL. Unless you're in an emergency situation you can't put a true frosh in to begin the year. Let him learn on the sideline, film study after the games, and he'll get there. I think pretty soon. I'd say he'll be ready by game 5/6 to handle all of it.

But if KB is winning... he ain't coming out until he gets hurt or something.

All the QBs were limited by the touch rule.

May 23, 2018, 5:41 PM

If KB starts then you can bank on him being the best given all considerations. It doesn't matter how talented you are if you don't have command of the playbook. Limits on knowledge of plays limits what the OCs can call.

When TL gains command of the playbook and a few series under his belt he will become our starter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic