Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stopped watching after the 3td play of the game.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 4,037

Stopped watching after the 3td play of the game.

Oct 3, 2020, 11:44 PM

First time in my life I’ve ever done that. Looks like some of those guys need to keep off social media and focus on their scholarship they’ve been given. Cancelled the get together I was hosting for next weeks game as well. Honestly after watching football all day it didn’t bother me to miss this entitled bunch playing yet another weak ### team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: Stopped watching after the 3td play of the game.

Oct 3, 2020, 11:47 PM

All because of the words on the jerseys?

Seems a bit strong of a reaction.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, bye........***

Oct 3, 2020, 11:47 PM

by canceling the get together next week....

Oct 3, 2020, 11:48 PM

were you providing the cross or were your guests bringing it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: by canceling the get together next week....

Oct 4, 2020, 12:02 AM

It's usually common courtesy to provide all entertainment items ( cornhole, pinata, horseshoes) for your guest.

Oct 4, 2020, 3:37 AM [ in reply to by canceling the get together next week.... ]

Not even fair Franc, politics needs to stay out of State funded schools. Hope you get that at least even if tho everyone should have a voice, just not in state supported events.

Oct 4, 2020, 4:03 AM

Would you suggest the same be done with religious beliefs and assertions in state funded schools ?
I mean , if something as benign as a political stance causes such an uproar .
No ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 3, 2020, 11:53 PM

If the idea of unity, justice, peace and togetherness rubs you so wrong ...

Makes me wonder what ideals you would put on the back of your jersey if you had the opportunity.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Oct 4, 2020, 12:00 AM

I was encouraged that "vote" was an option for the jerseys. The movement to get Trump reelected makes me and I think a lot of others happy that this team is embracing conservatism and pushing back against the liberal lean most teams have. . Dabo is brilliant on this stuff.

I was shocked he allowed Cornell Powell and Dixon to wear MAGA stickers on their helmets . Oh well, cant stop young people from fighting against communism i guess.

Come’on Man (bowhunter)!

Oct 4, 2020, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Stopped watching after the 3td play of the game. ]

Sorta know where you are mentally & emotionally but remember things change over time, as well as players & coaches.

Saying, i don’t have the normal 110% zest either for Clemson football or any other team since sports has been hi-hacked for political & social purposes beyond our control it seems..good or bad..

since “they” know we are hooked on our sports team and they (players & school) can use it (their entertainment & star power) for the supposed betterment of society as a whole..thru us.

Still, it’s our right to not be a paying customer, or viewer or fan if we wish.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 12:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Stopped watching after the 3td play of the game. ]

Dabo himself stated that he is not a fan of political statements on uniforms. I agree with our coach. We should have our standard uniforms and nothing else. No pink shoes, stickers, special names, Athletes that are awarded full ride scholarships should feel proud to wear the school’s uniform or go play somewhere else.

"No pink shoes"...

Oct 4, 2020, 12:11 AM

What do you possibly have against breast cancer awareness?...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "No pink shoes"...

Oct 4, 2020, 12:22 AM

All cancers matter!

Re: "No pink shoes"...

Oct 4, 2020, 3:54 AM [ in reply to "No pink shoes"... ]

Yeah actually i have problem with pink shoes. But let me explain, Im a cancer survivor. I have had more doses of a particular chemo than anyone in the world. I have had metastatic melanoma since 2010. Had 8 tumors in lungs and big tumor on my left adrenal gland.

So while I don't oppose the message, Melanoma kills more young people than any other cancer. Lot of it can be prevented with education, if the amount of effort was focused on awareness of melanoma, you could immediately save more lives in one year versus breast cancer. That said, I am all for making people aware but to focus so much on one cancer seems to be wrong. Point being, "All Cancer's Matter!", Not just one pink ribbon.

How about last names!?

Oct 4, 2020, 3:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Stopped watching after the 3td play of the game. ]

Nothing should be added to state funded facility as an agenda.

Bye, bye.

Bye, bye.

Oct 4, 2020, 12:03 AM

Dont leave tigerpsy. We need you next week to pack the house against Miami.

Oct 4, 2020, 12:08 AM

please close the door on your way out. bye bye.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell me more about Dixon & Powell wearing MAGA stickers on helmets!

Oct 4, 2020, 12:09 AM

You have my delighted attention.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell me more about Dixon & Powell wearing MAGA stickers on helmets!

Oct 4, 2020, 12:11 AM

I didn't even notice. But i do have the entire roster memorized down to the walk ons.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 12:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Stopped watching after the 3td play of the game. ]

I agree. People who disagree with political statements on the football uniforms make me uncomfortable. It's best if they just leave so you and I can not feel threatened.

I don't know about you, but the player with "enough " on his Jersey nearly brought me to tears . His stance against high taxation and the battle against the 2nd amendment tells me more than his play on the field ever could.

Oct 4, 2020, 12:15 AM

Wow, you really took a meaningful stand. I guess you showed them (next week’s guests).

Oct 4, 2020, 12:52 AM

I could care less about the statements on the jerseys, but I do not memorize all of the numbers other than the obvious ones and like to know which ones the new guys are without having to refer to some sort of chart. I now know that Sheridan Jones in #26 and Tyler Venables is #12 but I will forget next week.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On behalf of our Team, Alumni, and (real) fans

Oct 4, 2020, 1:15 AM

Please continue to disassociate yourself with this University.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

So sorry....

Oct 4, 2020, 1:20 AM

snowflake.

If words of unity on the back of jerseys bother you...

Oct 4, 2020, 1:49 AM

How in God's name are you still on TNET?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 2:06 AM

U ok?

Oct 4, 2020, 5:11 AM

Watching the game there was a commercial by the ACC talking about social justice and racism. And toward the end it said "racism will not be tolerated under any circumstance".

And I always wonder when a definitive statement like that is made, what do they plan to do to someone who they deem racist. I mean thats a pretty strong sentence in saying it wont be tolerated. In America its not a crime to be racist. What if they find out there are more black players who do not like white players than vice versa. Will the person be punished by hanging, beaten, have all their schools colors take from their closet. Is there a reeducation camp Swofford has put together. Is there a board you go before that deems you are enfact a racist.

Replies: 28
| visibility 4,037
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic