Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wasn’t at the game at Chapel Hill but here’s my take on classless videoboard
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

I wasn’t at the game at Chapel Hill but here’s my take on classless videoboard

Sep 30, 2019, 4:13 PM

If it had been me on the board, I would’ve pointed to the paw on my hat and mouthed “thank you” and given a #1 sign (with index finger not birdy finger).

If it had been a family member I might’ve been upset.

Here’s the thing. I have been up there a couple of times and the way many of those fans and students look down their nose at Clemson fans, or anyone else, I can see why that could be upsetting. But in a way, I kinda feel sorry for them. Those types of people don’t find joy in success alone, they only find joy if they can rub someone’s nose in it. And that’s not true joy.

I would however be very upset if Clemson ever did anything like this. For the last couple of years, I have found great joy in my new tradition of approaching a couple of fans of the opposing team and welcoming them to Clemson. I say “I hope you enjoy the game just not the outcome” and then I hand them money for a coke on me. I love to see their reaction! They look at me like I’m crazy at first and then it’s like they just melt!

I like how we are held in the same esteem as other great fan bases like Texas A&M and I hope we never stoop to the low that UNC did with their scoreboard antics.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: I wasn’t at the game at Chapel Hill but here’s my take on classless videoboard

Sep 30, 2019, 4:41 PM

but if we did decide to stoop to their level a good start would be showing their fans with the same caption on every one of them "I graduated without going to class once"

but here’s my take on classless videoboard

Sep 30, 2019, 4:43 PM

Answer classless with classless? When you roll with pigs, you get dirty.

Re: but here’s my take on classless videoboard

Sep 30, 2019, 4:49 PM

Wrestle with pigs**

I am not sure they were live videos

Sep 30, 2019, 4:44 PM

because none of the Clemson fans ever looked up and realized they were on the jumbotron. I think they were recorded with the subtitle added

Their whole shtick was that everyone that they showed were bandwagon fans and knew nothing about Clemson

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic