Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
anyone else worried that this TAMU game will impact us come
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

anyone else worried that this TAMU game will impact us come

Sep 5, 2019, 10:32 AM

playoff time?

I would hate to miss the playoff for the first time in 4 years b/c our strength of schedule was weak. I think this is getting overlooked. This is why this game is important, and really why we shouldn't even play it.

We already have SCU as a non-conference game. Now, coupled with this week's TAMU game, we essentially have two games that are the equivalent of playing D1-AA schools.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D1-AA?

Sep 5, 2019, 10:36 AM

Did you post this in 1998?

Idiot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: anyone else worried that this TAMU game will impact us come

Sep 5, 2019, 11:16 AM

For one, we play the game because it was scheduled.
Two, this game is not going to be the cakewalk you, and some others think it's going to be.
A&M is coming not only to play but to win.
Three, A&M is an SEC school, and while both A&M and the Coots maybe not be at the top of the SEC hierarchy, neither are D1-AA Schools.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2019, 11:22 AM

Nothing gets past you leftie! All over it as usual!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So it's Swoffie's fault for scheduling such a cupcake

Sep 5, 2019, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: anyone else worried that this TAMU game will impact us come ]

for us to play in week 2? My goodness, he is the worst commissioner in all of sports. You would think that with all of the money Clemson has made for the ACC that he would be a little more strategic when putting together our OOC every year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Do you even watch Football?

Sep 5, 2019, 11:25 AM

The ACC is top to bottom the best league in the country this year. I mean road games in both Chapel Hill and Raleigh? I am more worried about us taking care of business in our Big Boy Games.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2019, 11:44 AM

The real issue lies in we have 2 SEC teams on the schedule. Will the guys be too tired to even play in the playoffs at that point?

Why would that be a factor? We played against

Sep 5, 2019, 11:55 AM

2 SEC teams in the regular season last year and did just fine. In fact, they were the same 2 SEC teams we are playing this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sep 5, 2019, 11:55 AM

Although this victory will be looked down upon by some, in the end we just have to win out. Whether we beat the Akrons, Ball States, or the Texas A&M's of the world, people will look down upon it. We just have to live with it and win out. We just have to remember that we tore apart the best team in SEC histpry last year. No matter who we play from.that conference, it will look like weak.scheduling. jmho

Sep 5, 2019, 12:33 PM

We could play Alabama and Georgia every year for our out-of-conference games and spme people would still question our strenth of schedule. The best course of action is to do what we can (i.e., beat every team on our schedule) and let everything play out. As long as there is no true playoff system involving actual conference champions there will always be arguments and discussions as to who belongs in the playoffs.

One solution would be to require the big conferences to schedule something like the ACC-Big 10 challenge in basketball. For example, next year have each of the ACC teams play an SEC team, have the PAC 12 play the Big 12, etc. Switch off every year. It would put some teeth into the argument as to whose conference is stronger than another.

I am also a fan of allowing FBS schools to play one "cupcake" team per season. My reasoning is that many of these games serve as a way for the smaller schools to receive funds to help their programs. Plus, it gives them some media exposure they might not get otherwise. But the game will not count in computing the FBS school's strength of schedule.

Just my two cents worth.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic