Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’ve got a theory about residential thermostats.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 521

I’ve got a theory about residential thermostats.

Mar 29, 2019, 10:52 AM

I think that utility conglomerates have paid off companies to ensure that thermostats are designed to call for heat or air conditioning as often as possible throughout any given day of usage.

I have always noticed that a residential thermostat will show a given temperature when in one setting and then rather quickly the temperature will change after the setting is adjusted. For example, if my thermostat read 70° and was in heat mode and the set point was set at 70° for heat. And then if I switch over to cool mode and the set point is 72°, the temperature display will quickly increase to 72°. How did the temperature raise 2 degrees in just a matter of moments when neither the heat or air conditioner were running.

It’s a gosh darn conspiracy to try to take my money! That’s how.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1. Probably because you were breathing on it

Mar 29, 2019, 10:53 AM

also, get a Nest

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Facebook Coach is right.

Mar 29, 2019, 11:01 AM

When the new AC got put in at the place I am leaving, they put in a powerful fancy thermostat. The thing I like best about this is I don't have to switch from heat to cool. I've the heat set to turn on it it gets to 62 in the house. Then if it gets up to 72 the AC will kick on.

Thermostat at the new house doesn't do that, thus it will be replaced as soon as I can be frivolous.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FYI. Many electric companies these days offer sweet deals on tstats.

Mar 29, 2019, 9:37 PM

I got two ecobee 3s for about $60 out of pocket. They offer rebates on a lot of other things, too. Just give them a call and/or check their website.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sounds like global warming science***

Mar 29, 2019, 2:09 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

all your expensive thermostats are worthless

Mar 29, 2019, 9:42 PM

when your wife is cold 1 minute and hot the next

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm from TN, I Volunteer for handling the hot part.***

Mar 29, 2019, 9:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: all your expensive thermostats are worthless

Mar 29, 2019, 10:04 PM [ in reply to all your expensive thermostats are worthless ]

Amen to that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Buy a heat pump and attic fan and tell them to screw off.

Mar 29, 2019, 9:50 PM

When I lived on Dayton Mountain I cut and burned wood for heat, used a fan for cooling and a propane water heater. They still screwed me on the lectrik bill but it was 25% of what my sister paid when she lived there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^spent the summertime cuttin up logs for the winter

Mar 30, 2019, 6:29 AM

tryin' like the devil to find the lbod...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Replies: 9
| visibility 521
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic