Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's gonna be ugly two weeks from now....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

It's gonna be ugly two weeks from now....

Sep 6, 2014, 10:46 PM

if the switch isn't made to Watson as the starter. FSU will have to play terrible for us to win with Stoudt. Not only is Watson better than Stoudt, he is vastly superior. Much stronger arm, a whole lot better accuracy, a better runner, a better leader, more pocket awareness, the ball gets snapped faster when he is in, and the offense runs much smoother. Even the offensive line run blocked better. Also, the offensive players were much more enthused when Watson was in.

Today's game just made it all the more obvious. Stoudt missed routine open passes. He had Adam Humphries wide open for a TD pass, but under threw it and hit SC State's nickel back in the hands. The SC State player could have picked it off if he was looking, but Adam had 6 steps on him and the SC State nickel back was basically just looking for Adam to score. Missed Mike Williams, who was wide open, coming across the middle. Threw the ball 10 yards over the head of Germone Hopper who was wide open in the flats for an easy TD. On a deep pass to Peake, Peake had his man beat, but Stoudt threw it late and the ball hung in the air, and the SC State DB was able to catch up and nearly intercepted the ball. There was another pass by Stoudt that was throw directly to an SC State linebacker.

Bottom line Stoudt has accuracy and arm strength issues, he is indecisive and lacks pocket awareness. The coaches just need to go ahead and make the change. The longer they wait, the longer Stoudt will have hear a vote of non confidence from the fans and the pundits. And that's not fair to Stoudt.

On a positive note, we are fine at running back, and loaded at TE and WR.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have to disagree

Sep 6, 2014, 10:50 PM

with all that...

except the RB and WR

but Watson does look really good

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Explain how I'm wrong...

Sep 6, 2014, 10:56 PM

really you can't. Watson played flawless, Stoudt missed on a bunch of routine wide open passes. And was nearly picked of about 3-4 times by the SC State defense.

Just point out how I'm wrong on the facts I originally posted.

I really believed Stoudt would play good. From watching him in pre game warm ups last year and in the OB, he had a much quicker release than when he first got here. But that hasn't translated to the field. Sometimes some players just aren't starters, and the coaching staff is making it worse on Stoudt by delaying the obvious.

I think it's safe to assume DW may have thrown a bad ball

Sep 6, 2014, 11:05 PM

or two had he got the amount of snaps. Cole did.

Look, I'm a DW fan , and I think he could take the job at some point. But I also think Cole is playing really, really well.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Sorry but this isn't really, really well....

Sep 6, 2014, 11:10 PM

"Today's game just made it all the more obvious. Stoudt missed routine open passes. He had Adam Humphries wide open for a TD pass, but under threw it and hit SC State's nickel back in the hands. The SC State player could have picked it off if he was looking, but Adam had 6 steps on him and the SC State nickel back was basically just looking for Adam to score. Missed Mike Williams, who was wide open, coming across the middle. Threw the ball 10 yards over the head of Germone Hopper who was wide open in the flats for an easy TD. On a deep pass to Peake, Peake had his man beat, but Stoudt threw it late and the ball hung in the air, and the SC State DB was able to catch up and nearly intercepted the ball. There was another pass by Stoudt that was throw directly to an SC State linebacker."

Sorry, but a senior QB shouldn't be making those kinds of mistakes against a vastly inferior opponent. Again disprove those points. Only thing you have come up with is just stating Stoudt played well, while ignoring the glaring flaws in his game.

TD'er, you can TD, but you can't reply.***

Sep 6, 2014, 11:15 PM

Me??? I never TD, and I haven't TD your post

Sep 6, 2014, 11:18 PM

I respect your opinion

Wasn't accusing you, it was for the anonymous guy doing it..***

Sep 6, 2014, 11:26 PM

This is a pointless argument ...

Sep 6, 2014, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Sorry but this isn't really, really well.... ]

Stoudt plays poorly and DW well, make a change

Stoudt plays well and Watson plays well with his limited snaps, no change.

Your third sentence cracked me up

Sep 6, 2014, 10:51 PM

What does that even mean, Shakespeare?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"FSU will have to play terrible for us to win with Stoudt"..

Sep 6, 2014, 10:58 PM

Explain to me how you can't understand a simple statement, Cormac McCarthy?

HTH

Sep 6, 2014, 10:59 PM

"Not only is Watson better than Stoudt, he is vastly superior."

Moronic

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was the third sentence, so not only do you have...

Sep 6, 2014, 11:01 PM

the inability to comprehend simple statements, you also can't count.

"It was a dark and stormy night"***

Sep 6, 2014, 11:03 PM [ in reply to HTH ]

VASTLY!***

Sep 6, 2014, 11:18 PM [ in reply to HTH ]

There's something in these hills.

Re: "FSU will have to play terrible for us to win with Stoudt"..

Sep 6, 2014, 11:03 PM [ in reply to "FSU will have to play terrible for us to win with Stoudt".. ]

That's not the 3rd sentence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "FSU will have to play terrible for us to win with Stoudt"..

I lost all faith in the coaches playing the best player after Howard was named starter.

Hey, coaches make mistakes....

Sep 6, 2014, 11:08 PM

and are coaches mistakes are easily fixable.

Count right here...

Sep 6, 2014, 11:06 PM [ in reply to Re: "FSU will have to play terrible for us to win with Stoudt".. ]

1. It's gonna be ugly two weeks from now if the switch isn't made to Watson as the starter.

2. FSU will have to play terrible for us to win with Stoudt.

3. Not only is Watson better than Stoudt, he is vastly superior.

Epic fail on your part.

I remember my first beer...kinda

Sep 7, 2014, 2:52 AM

You do realize you just proved that you're the one who needs counting lessons...don't you? I guess the "epic fail" probably means you didn't figure that out yet. Try rereading this post from the beginning when you sober up a little and then report back to us.

Re: It's gonna be ugly two weeks from now....

Sep 6, 2014, 10:59 PM

Seriously, if Dabo thinks Watson has the best chance of leading us to a victory, he will start him. Dabo has too much on the line (money) to lose games because he favors one player over another. Dabo is starting the best personnel.

I back Dabo 110%, but coaches make mistakes sometimes...

Sep 6, 2014, 11:04 PM

Let me remind you of 2010, when Dabo kept on playing Marquan Jones and Xavier Dye over Jaron Brown and Nuk Hopkins, when Jones and Dye weren't producing.. Also, he kept on playing Kyle Parker when had bad bruised ribs which was affecting his passing ability.

dabo makes no mistakes... ask him***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I back Dabo 110%, but coaches make mistakes sometimes...

Sep 6, 2014, 11:07 PM [ in reply to I back Dabo 110%, but coaches make mistakes sometimes... ]

He may make mistakes, but he has more information than we have. My biggest question is about Watson's mastery of the play book. Does he know it well enough? That is something Dabo and Morris know the answer to and we can only speculate.

after uga game I wasn't sure morris knew the playbook

Sep 6, 2014, 11:09 PM

and we kept him

Message was edited by: Graphic Tiger®

Re: after uga game I wasn't sure morris new the playbook

Sep 6, 2014, 11:14 PM

I do not like Morris. I think for what we pay him, we could do much better. I have said many times, "I like everything about Dabo, except Morris."

Sep 6, 2014, 11:08 PM

So go ahead and notify the coaching staff thay you have decided to make the change!

You win the award for most hypocritical person on the planet

Sep 7, 2014, 12:51 AM

You threw a tantrum when anyone said anything remotely negative about our last QB... talking about how no real Clemson fan would ever say anything negative about such a great ambassador for the program... and now you are prematurely throwing our current Clemson QB under the bus. Giving a guy who has played well no chance to succeed with the wording of your post.

If you had a shred of self-awareness you would be embarrassed.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

aw ober dat ayus

Sep 7, 2014, 2:30 AM

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: You win the award for most hypocritical person on the planet

Sep 7, 2014, 3:00 AM [ in reply to You win the award for most hypocritical person on the planet ]

> You threw a tantrum when anyone said anything
> remotely negative about our last QB... talking about
> how no real Clemson fan would ever say anything
> negative about such a great ambassador for the
> program... and now you are prematurely throwing our
> current Clemson QB under the bus. Giving a guy who
> has played well no chance to succeed with the wording
> of your post.
>
> If you had a shred of self-awareness you would be
> embarrassed.

This.
His "bias" is obvious. Has tinted glasses on.

Re: You win the award for most hypocritical person on the planet

Sep 7, 2014, 3:32 AM [ in reply to You win the award for most hypocritical person on the planet ]

Have to agree with you. Tajh Boyd shat the bed a lot. Tiger king always defended him no matter what. But I do think DW should be starting soon. Not sure for FSU game but soon

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Sep 7, 2014, 2:41 AM

i agree OP. 100%.

It's so evident. Watch the film, Cole should not be driving the bus. I seriously have to cross my fingers when he releases the ball. His release is really really slow.

Sep 7, 2014, 2:58 AM

Doesn't exactly look like the same team who took us behind our own shed last year. The more I watch them the more I think we're gonna match up better than what you pessimists would like to believe.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic