Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zuck the Commie Schmuck
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 361

Zuck the Commie Schmuck

Jan 15, 2021, 2:35 PM

Welp, the gloves are off now that Sniffy Joe has pulled off the miracle of "getting" more votes than oh-so-historic Barack Hussein. Buddy of mine in Minnesota had a facebook page for a group of his coyote hunting buds. As of yesterday - Zip, Zap, Gone. For a perfectly legal sport. Glad I never signed up for that commie surveillance operation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh ok***

Jan 15, 2021, 2:36 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will say a prayer for your buddy in Minnesota tonight***

Jan 15, 2021, 2:40 PM

So you're not going to join or support an operation that

Jan 15, 2021, 3:04 PM

you have not joined or supported.

Um, thanks for sharing. After I get out of this seat I will be standing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had Honey Nut cheerios for breakfast and left a spoonful

Jan 15, 2021, 3:14 PM

in the bowl because they got soggy.

Re: So you're not going to join or support an operation that

Jan 15, 2021, 3:30 PM [ in reply to So you're not going to join or support an operation that ]

How does 'glad I didn't join' become some kind of present / past tense redundancy?

Re: Zuck the Commie Schmuck

Jan 15, 2021, 3:07 PM

Far be it for me to defend Mark Zuckerburg = because far from being a Commie Rat he's actually sort of the poster boy for the soulless sort of Capitalist Pig who puts profit above all, even if his product is literally enabling genocide. Which it really is, in Myanmar, where a mass influx of dirt-cheap phones provided by Facebook - with Facebook enabled as the base operating system (of course!) - got into the country...and literally tore it apart. Anti-Rohingya lies and rhetoric flowed fast and furious, and what followed, and hundreds of thousands of them were killed or driven off by Myanmar's Buddhist majority. (It'd be fascinating to see what the Buddha himself would have said about fanatics committing genocide in his name, but nevermind that. Angry mobs seldom make much sense.)

But hey, at least Facebook made a ton of money in Myanmar. Tough luck for the Rohingya though.

Which really does beg the question: what were your unjustly censored friends saying on their coyote hunting page? Be interested to see if they were actually inciting or just got crosswise of an overly zealous Facebook algorithm.

What Zuckerberg is really about, by the way - there's actually a growing body of evidence Zuckerberg might be more directly responsible for the decline of politics and civility in the Western (and in fact entire!) world than anybody else alive:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/15/technology/myanmar-facebook-genocide.html

Jan 15, 2021, 3:20 PM

Something we agree upon. Facebook is evil. I'll toast a beer tonight to our rare likening of minds. Good link btw. Hadn't seen or heard that.

Jan 15, 2021, 3:33 PM

When even people on distinctly different sides of politics can look at a thing and agree completely: "You know, that thing right there might be a Doomsday Machine that's worse than at atomic bomb"...might we have stumbled upon the thing that's really dividing America as we've never seen it divided since 1860 or so?

Conservatives are actually late to the party on this one, IMHO...though it's good to see them getting here. Both sides of the spectrum are just now seeing how dangerous this beast is. You're worried about what Facebook is going to do, I'm worried about what it's already done and is doing even now.

Just saying. There's going to be a bunch of proposed legislation around the thing, of course...but is it really even possible to contain the enormous power to amplify misinformation and malice towards others that social media has?

It's going to be a tough ask, for sure. This beast is big.

I cannot wrap my mind around why

Jan 15, 2021, 3:20 PM

anyone wants to be on Facebook or Instagram. It kind of blows my mind.

I do not care to keep up with anyone that doesnt call me periodically or that I see periodically.

I dont get it. At all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like instagram because I get to look at pictures of

Jan 15, 2021, 3:26 PM

the Bahamas, The Keys, Golden Retrievers, peopl in boats doing dumb stuff, and boats I'll never even ride in, much less be able to own. I've never posted anything as my lifestyle doesn't really lend it self to that kinda thing.

That facebook #### is stupid.

Replies: 10
| visibility 361
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic