Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zay Flowers! How do you predict we cover him?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Zay Flowers! How do you predict we cover him?

Oct 26, 2020, 6:27 PM

Zay Flowers is a Ft. Lauderdale kid who is 5'11 with blazing speed. Looks like the fastest 40 time I saw was 4.40 - but he plays far faster than that!

Just a Soph - he I believe has some of BC's freshman receiving records(last year) and is on pace to break other records!

He is going to be an issue. I have no worries Coach V(inny) will come up with a solid plan for Flowers.
DK not being healthy concerns me. I think he is the one corner with the "short area quickness" to slow Flowers down! BC has been throwing it deep a bunch under this new coach!

They still have a 236 lb. RB named Bailey if you don't put safeties in the box!

BC won't be an easy win! But, they won't make enough plays!

Just wondering from the X and O guys if you think you have an idea of what strategy the best DC in the business will have for Flowers?

I am leaning toward just making anybody else on their team beat us! In short, double him everywhere he goes! Automatic safety over top! If Skalski is back from his injury I like our match up when Bailey takes off on running plays!

We win by at least 21 points mind you just wondering ( a game of how well do you know your DC ) how we think we'll handle this fantastic player! He has a quiet day and someone else gets targeted is what I am saying! The other guys are easier to match up with 1 on 1.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zay Flowers! How do you predict we cover him?

Oct 26, 2020, 6:40 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXLPKz_cmlE

Oct 26, 2020, 6:42 PM

Man to man and pressure his QB...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like a blanket!***

Oct 26, 2020, 8:00 PM

Oct 26, 2020, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Zay Flowers! How do you predict we cover him? ]

TigerVer said:

Man to man and pressure his QB...

Love it! If DK is healthy I think you are right!

It's the somewhat old argument of what makes a good CB. The old Patrick Petersen or Richard Sherman argument.

I think DK's strength is one on one man coverage! His attitude and his short area and overall speed.

I think the rest of our corners(maybe not Fred Davis who I haven't seen enough of belong in that man CB discussion). But, I like the rest of our guys as zone CB's more. It's splitting hairs really just all depends on what they are asked to do.

SHEESH! It’s college so at least a pass interference

Oct 26, 2020, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Zay Flowers! How do you predict we cover him? ]

On the deep balls ??. Only 15 yds

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2020, 6:58 PM

They always have a very good and very large running back

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2020, 7:01 PM

Easy answer but executing is another story. First, we hope all our starters are available because without Davis, Skalski, and Kendrick we will struggle to reach our standards in this game. We pressure the QB and use DK to lock down Flowers while leaving Turner back as a true safety. BC averages 65 yards a game rushing so we should handle them easily. BC QB throws it well so we keep the pressure on him and when he completes the short passes tackle and we should be fine. Would be nice to limit the homerun ball to one like most of our games.

Clemson 48
Boston C 17

Oct 26, 2020, 7:08 PM

Correction after the GA Tech game, BC’s rushing per game has climbed to 99 yards per game, so not too scary. NM.

BC quarterback is passing for huge yardage also. Can't

Oct 26, 2020, 7:25 PM

believe the spread is 32.

Re: BC quarterback is passing for huge yardage also. Can't

Oct 26, 2020, 7:31 PM

I find that a little much, too, but I do see us winning handily.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2020, 7:30 PM

While he is a very good receiver, we do have some good cover men with blazing speed, also. Take a look at our player last game that hawked down the Syracuse receiver from all the way across the field, stopping the TD, (and it was nice to get the interception a play or two later). Their receiver is great, though, and he will be a handful. Keeping big pressure on their QB will seriously help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2020, 8:15 PM

I think the real question is will the team that beat GA Tech by 66 show up or the team that had a 6 point lead over a dreadful Syracuse team halfway through the third quarter show up? I sure am glad I don’t wager. Not that there’s anything wrong with a little betting. I just don’t have the courage for it.

Oct 26, 2020, 8:38 PM

I don't wager, either. Like a friend of mine once said, I'm not going to lose money, or sleep, or friendships over a bunch of 18-24 year old kids playing a game. Now, I'm passionate about the games, and I love Clemson and our sports teams, but I've got bigger fish to fry when all is said and done. It's entertainment, not life and death, and when I was playing, I was passionate about it, but when on game was over, there was no time to dwell on wins, losses or mistakes. There always was another game to play, and I never wanted to let one game beat me twice. Play your best, learn from successes, and mistakes, and move on, trying hard not to repeat the mistakes.

Oct 26, 2020, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Zay Flowers! How do you predict we cover him? ]

I think the real question is will the team that beat GA Tech by 66 show up or the team that had a 6 point lead over a dreadful Syracuse team halfway through the third quarter show up? I sure am glad I don’t wager. Not that there’s anything wrong with a little betting. I just don’t have the courage for it.

Good Point!

I think the team that destroyed GT shows up! Sorry ( a very good BC team ) BC!

Oct 26, 2020, 8:50 PM

I predict the team that destroyed WF, Citadel, UVA, Miami, GT, and convincingly beat Syracuse is the team that shows up, yet again, at its home stadium, the real DEATH VALLEY, on Saturday in CLEMSON, SC.

Oct 27, 2020, 9:58 AM

In Booth I trust. He has been awesome and hopefully will continue to get better and better

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2020, 10:25 AM
LikeThis.png(99.2 K)

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic