Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2021 GameDay Expectations?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

2021 GameDay Expectations?

Feb 4, 2021, 4:17 PM

We obviously have 7 months til kickoff. But, I'm curious what folks expectations are for this season's gameday environment. Iptay commitment deadline is mid March. I didn't opt out last season, attended every home game, etc. I felt that I owed the team my support. However, mid season I had major second thoughts. The games were non-competitive, many people in the socially distance crowd left at halftime. The lack of a real gameday atmosphere due to tailgating restrictions also contributed to a season that often felt like glorified scrimmage games.

This season's home schedule is severely lacking in marquee matchups. Normal tailgating and 80,000+ fans help offset the weak schedule. But, if we have Covid restrictions again, I'm not sure I can promise to be in attendance again. I hate it, as there is no place I'd rather be on a Saturday. My guess is that we will still have at least some restrictions.

What are your expectations at this far point in advance?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2021 GameDay Expectations?

Feb 4, 2021, 4:23 PM

At the most 25000 fans. I did not attend any games in 20 for the first time in 32 years. If Covid is still around in 21 at football game time I will not attend. However, I am going to purchase my tickets for my grandkids. That's my story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for your service.***

Feb 4, 2021, 4:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Your experience is similar to many others

Feb 4, 2021, 4:36 PM

in that you go to football games for the experience as much as you do the actual football.

Remove the tailgating, socializing, etc., and you're left with just football. Many fewer people are interested.

Nothing wrong with that, it's just an observation.

I predict things will be pretty similar this upcoming season. Social distancing with significant restrictions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Your experience is similar to many others

Feb 4, 2021, 5:41 PM

In my opinion, actual football is actually better enjoyed when watching it on TV, with the announcers muted, than in person. I sacrifice viewing angles, replay, instant coverage on the national picture, situational analysis, ect. just for the roar of the crowd when a big run breaks. I'd sacrifice tailgating and socialization to get Death Valley back and rocking, not sure how the people from Wake Forest do it.

Re: Your experience is similar to many others

Feb 5, 2021, 11:55 AM

I agree with you totally. Having lived for 20 years in Winston-Salem before moving back to the Upstate the Wake people haven't experienced what its like to have a full stadium except on the occasions that Clemson comes to town or UNCheat or sometimes Nancy State so they don't know what they're missing.

Feb 4, 2021, 4:40 PM

To me it is either full capacity or like we were this past season. Whatever they do, I feel we all need to push for normal tailgate hours. The two hours before and one hour after were ridiculous.

Feb 4, 2021, 4:43 PM

IPTAY is a scholarship organization. If you support athletes at Clemson, you join IPTAY. If you don’t, then don’t join. Simple really.

If you only joined for football tickets, then just quit...you can save a lot of money and still attend games if you choose. If you “feel you owe the team your support” why would you “second guess” your donation? If you don’t like the game day experience you don’t have to buy tickets.

Feb 4, 2021, 4:54 PM

IPTAY will get my donation regardless. I didn't state that. I attended the bowl games and Natty's the last 2 seasons that we were allowed to go. In addition, to my season tix. But, last year's gameday experience was severely lacking. Also, getting moved to the far reaches of the stadium due to social distancing was no bueno.

Feb 4, 2021, 10:00 PM

I guess I misunderstood when you wrote: “ Iptay commitment deadline is mid March. I didn't opt out last season, attended every home game, etc. I felt that I owed the team my support. However, mid season I had major second thoughts”

Sounded like you are having second thoughts about donating to IPTAY...

Feb 4, 2021, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: 2021 GameDay Expectations? ]

Spoken like someone who believes only their opinion is valid and also like someone who does not give to IPTAY at all or very little.

Feb 4, 2021, 10:01 PM

I’m sure this isn’t the first time you’ve been wrong.

I join IPTAY so I can help pay Davis Babb’s inflated salary.

Feb 4, 2021, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Re: 2021 GameDay Expectations? ]

That’s my “why”.

That’s what gets me out of bed every morning.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By September, everyone "at risk" will have either received

Feb 4, 2021, 5:08 PM

the vaccine, had Covid and survived (now the body will respond better), or has died of Covid.

By September, ALMOST everyone who is NOT "high risk" will have also had the vaccine or been exposed to Covid. This is a highly contagious virus, so there's no way someone in the low risk category who has been living every day life will not have been exposed by now, much less September.

I cannot see any possible way that football, an outdoor sporting event, is not back to normal. I do think people will still wear masks, but I think it will be optional.

I don't see any rational reason why we wouldn't be back to normal football season UNLESS the vaccine does not work, our bodies do not produce protective antibodies, and the death rate/ hospital rate continues to climb. Thank God, this does not seem to be the case as many hospitals in SC are at half the level they were in late December.

Re: By September, everyone "at risk" will have either received

Feb 4, 2021, 7:03 PM

The COVID variant from the UK is supposed to be primary by next month. We just need to see how things play out.

Biden +Fauci = same as this year ir worse.***

Feb 4, 2021, 5:50 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 6:06 PM

My expectations will be the same as they were after that first game I saw in 1961. If the Tigers play in Death Valley, I expect to be there. I expect them to play well and win. I expect to have a wonderful time every minute I am in Clemson. And I expect that it will be a great day regardless of the number of fans that show but the more the merrier. Tailgating is good too but it’s way down the list. I can do that in my yard every Saturday but there is nothing quite like being where the Blue Ridge yawns it’s greatness every game day.Go Tigers. Join IPTAY. This doesn’t happen without support.

winning***

Feb 4, 2021, 6:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: winning***

Feb 4, 2021, 6:21 PM

Ninety two, Your bio shows you to be a 1930 graduate.. How close is this to being factual. Winning is important but it isn’t everything.

Feb 4, 2021, 6:10 PM

Full attendance will be allowed. How many will show up?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Feb 4, 2021, 10:06 PM

We could play Little Sisters of the Poor and I would still get chills when the band turns toward the uprights and lines up for the team to run through - the buses come around and pull up behind the scoreboard - the crowd intensity increases - Dabo rubs the rock - the band moves into Tiger Rag - and everything ramps up right into the opening kickoff. Chills I tell you, Chills.

Look man, I feel your disappointment, but it's not about the opposition, it's about the TIGERS.

And if Covid is still a problem in the Fall, it's going to be a problem forever. And, while I don't mind the current mindfulness about transmission (isolation and masks, primarily), I'm not going to stay cooped up for the rest of my life - even if that means my life is shorter than it would have been otherwise.

So, screw Covid in September. Me and mine are going to the Valley to see the TIGERS play.

Masks must be worn crooked on the face and not covering the nose.

Feb 5, 2021, 10:10 AM

Roy Williams claims to be the mask czar, so I’ll go with it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2021, 11:49 AM

I had tickets for all home games last year but did not go to any game. My normal seats do not require me to walk down or up. I enter the portal and sit down on the the two end seats. Last year my seats required me to walk down many steps which I find difficult to safely do, so, my tickets went to grandchildren, great grandchildren and other family members. I will order tickets again this year but if my tickets require me to climb up or down, I'll follow the same plan as last season.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2021, 2:10 PM

I will not attend any games with out normal Tailgating . Will cheer and tailgate at home is it is the same as this past season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic