Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
YouTubeTV
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

YouTubeTV

Jul 16, 2020, 3:23 PM

So how many of you have canceled or switched after their crazy rate hike? $15/mo extra is nuts.

For those that switched, what service did you go to? In looking at channels offered, it still looks like they have the best options, especially for sports (not like that matters much now). I'd like to switch to a little less expensive service, but do like all the channels they have as well as the interface.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YouTubeTV

Jul 16, 2020, 3:33 PM

I will cancel by end of the month. Likely go with Hulu. Have Netflix, Prime and Disney+ so that should hold me.

Find someone to split it with

Jul 16, 2020, 3:36 PM

You can have 6 accounts on there, up to 3 streams at once, so you can make it more worthwhile. I split with my sister and her husband

Clemson

Re: Find someone to split it with

Jul 17, 2020, 9:26 PM

Important note: the people you share with need to be in the same viewing area (zip code) ideally. If they aren’t, YTTV will periodically try to end their access which requires them to sign in from your area code to fix it. Not the end of the world but it can be annoying.

Its The Oldest Bait Trick In The Sales Book ---

Jul 16, 2020, 4:29 PM

The deals and offers are new...exciting and a lot more affordable than the competition.

Then once they see how much popular they have become to their customers.....they start jacking up the prices and bills that you pay each month.

They sneak in surprise fees...fees that sometimes you don't know you're even paying.

Don't give in to cable or anything that will keep raising the bill.

Jul 16, 2020, 5:23 PM

I cancelled and subscribed to Hulu.TV. The savings is only $10/month from the new youtube.tv price and I don't like hulu as well, but I'm tired of the game these media folks play.

On another note, yesterday I cancelled my Spectrum landline because I spent nearly all day with them trying to get call forwarding to work from my landline to my cell phone - and at the end of the attempt, it wasn't resolved.

So, Spectrum has gone from internet/landline/cable to only internet in the past few months. I hope they enjoy the benefits of the problems they've created.

Canceled it when March Madness was canceled.

Jul 16, 2020, 5:32 PM

I really only watched it for sports. Will just get Sling with the sports package when football season starts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I started with PS Vue - when they went Tango Uniform

Jul 16, 2020, 5:50 PM

I went over to YouTube TV. For now I'm going to stay with them but if they keep jacking up the prices without alternatives to stay at the current price level with the current channels then I may jump over to Hulu.

The problem with PS Vue dropping their streaming TV service is that it is one less competitor for YouTube TV. The streaming TV market needs more competition not less as Hulu is about the only real competition to YouTube TV that's left. Sling TV is an option but when compared to Hulu and YouTube TV they are not competitive in my opinion (price/channel selection/quality/DVR etc...) I hope some others come into the market to challenge YouTube TV in order to help keep the prices in check.

I transitioned to streaming TV (PS Vue at the time) because Spectrum kept jacking my rates up. The only thing I get from Spectrum now is high speed Internet. Talk about a screwed up customer service model - Cable companies give all their price breaks to "new customers" to attract the business which I can understand to a point. However, they punish customer loyalty by steadily increasing their prices the longer you remain with their service. Every year I had significant price increases to my Spectrum TV bill with no additional channels of services - years of being an on time paying customer meant nothing to them. Now Spectrum keeps sending me flyers trying to get me as a cell phone customer - guess keep losing TV customers so they are diversifying into the cell phone business.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same experience. From dtv satellite to psv (after perusing

Jul 16, 2020, 9:35 PM

the freebies) now to YTTV. I really do like the cloud dvr with YTTV as compared to psv. May have to rethink all this again!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2020, 5:55 PM

So annoying. I wish one company would just offer individual channels for $1 each. I need about 4 channels.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like YouTube TV because of the channel selection and......

Jul 16, 2020, 5:59 PM

because they offer my local Atlanta channels. The $15 price hike is a negative but not enough to make me want to change.

Do other similar services (Hulu, etc.) offer local channels???

Yes to Hulu TV

Jul 16, 2020, 6:01 PM

I think it is $10 less

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2020, 6:56 PM

I really like YouTube TV, but the increase is crazy. Their menu is better than Hulu and channel selection is far better. It all depends on football season for me. If we have a season, I'm keeping it. If we don't, the wife wins for this Fall.

I’ll stick with it for now

Jul 16, 2020, 9:46 PM

Still better selection and service than anything else I’ve tried. Increase is nominal and still much less than I was paying before I cut the cord. Plus, my dad uses my account to help save him some money and he doesn’t do well with change at his age. I’ll probably hang in there for his sake.

Jul 17, 2020, 1:49 AM

If only someone could just rip that monopolized NFL ticket stronghold out of DirecTV’s hands... that would be grrrrreat.

Jul 17, 2020, 7:21 AM

I’m on a two week free trial so far so good. Really it’s the best option for sports. None others come close. Great picture on my iPad to take around. Finally have ACCN. Nothing like volleyball reruns. Sigh..

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2020, 8:20 PM

Well what’s funny is I just canceled Direct TV planning on moving to YTTV. I still might as $65 is far better than the $110 I was paying direct. But #### if I wasn’t excited about $50. Of course it went up $15 right before I signed up ??

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic