Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's not waste this spring, move KB to WR now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Let's not waste this spring, move KB to WR now

Jan 9, 2018, 8:30 AM

With RR and likely Cain gone, I see potential PT for KB at WR. But he will need the full spring and fall to be ready. TL and HJ are our best QBs, period, so why beat around the bush this spring? KB as a slot wr/wildcat QB is money and could get him into the NFL.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lutz***

Jan 9, 2018, 8:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think KB can beat Tua and Bama from the QB position?!

Jan 9, 2018, 8:36 AM

Now that's lutz

Sometimes players like, improve***

Jan 9, 2018, 8:44 AM

He was a JR in his 3rd year in our system

Jan 9, 2018, 9:23 AM

If he doesn't have it by now, he never will. Next man up.

I guess we should have given up on Kevin Dodd

Jan 9, 2018, 3:41 PM

And a host of other players that made vast improvements from their 3rd year on.

Re: You think KB can beat Tua and Bama from the QB position?!

Jan 9, 2018, 9:54 AM [ in reply to You think KB can beat Tua and Bama from the QB position?! ]

Yes he for sure can. He does need to get a little better in the pocket but KB has proven over the course of a season that he is a solid qb.

Re: You think KB can beat Tua and Bama from the QB position?!

Jan 9, 2018, 12:36 PM

He is not a passing QB and unless you can magically create an elite OL that is full of first round picks, he (if he is the starter) will do exactly what he did this year. He will win against the ACC competition, twin the ACC, and then get shut down by an elite D in the CFP because he can’t make them respect the pass.

Because he's a very good QB. Even

Jan 9, 2018, 11:08 AM [ in reply to You think KB can beat Tua and Bama from the QB position?! ]

If he doesn't start, great backup QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's not waste this spring, move KB to WR now

Jan 9, 2018, 9:00 AM

I agree totally. Ala. quarterback was exposed last night. Went with passing qb. Won game. KB is not a qb. This offense has to have a passing qb to win. KB may start season 2018 as starter, but will not finish as starter.

Jan 9, 2018, 9:49 AM

I agree but disagree. I think that TL will and HC would probably become better quarterbacks. If we had to play a game tomorrow, then I still think our best shot would be KB. I think that it is a Catch-22. For someone to be a better option, they need the meaningful playing time that they only get if we sit our best current option.

Personally, I have hoped all season that KB will make the decision to change positions on his own in the off season, because that is the only chance he has of making it to the NFL in my opinion. However, I think that he has earned the right for it to be on his own. With the exception of the Alabama game, Kelly Bryant's best games were in the biggest games all year. I think that he is one of the big reasons that we had a better year than most expected and I appreciate him for everything that he did.

Jan 9, 2018, 10:00 AM

Look, we can tout beating those ranked at the time ACC teams with KB but the truth is they were not very good. Better to look in the mirror and see the truth instead of deny it. Miami was also very over rated in the end and we struggled with a terrible FSU team. We were also lucky to get an AU team that was not ready at the start, the one that played Bama and UGA would have curb stomped us.

Jan 9, 2018, 10:03 AM

Look, we played those "ranked at the time" ACC teams on the road at night in hostile environments and came out on top. You can try to rewrite history all you want to but that is what happened.

I don't know which coach #### in your corn flakes but you really need to move on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100% coot.***

Jan 9, 2018, 11:08 AM

I'm gonna assume you meant to reply to someone else,

Jan 9, 2018, 11:10 AM

and give you the benefit of the doubt this morning.

You were replying to a coot.***

Jan 9, 2018, 11:13 AM

Then we were on the same page, haha***

Jan 9, 2018, 11:14 AM

We can see you know nothing about Clemson but

Jan 9, 2018, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's not waste this spring, move KB to WR now ]

how do you think your coots did this year?

Jan 9, 2018, 11:01 AM

Why did we not have Hunetr Johnson ready. That is on the coaches. Get the best out of talent.We changed the offense
to fit a QB that lacked passing ability. Why not get the best ab's ready

Nope...

Jan 9, 2018, 11:05 AM

If there is one position we are more over-loaded with at than QB, it is wide receiver. Even assuming RR and Cain are gone, we have Renfrow, Higgins, Thompson, Rogers, Powell, Overton, Chase, and Kendrick coming in. Plus 4 others who will probably never see the field except on special teams. KB was in his first year as a starter and went 12-2 on a REBUILDING team. If he wins the QB job again next year, so be it! Give him some credit for a fine season.

Jan 9, 2018, 12:38 PM

Why are people overlooking Chase Brice. He redshirted this year but wasn’t he a 4 or 5*... maybe wrong don’t jump on me just asking

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic