Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think the most....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,004

I think the most....

Sep 28, 2019, 9:07 PM

annoying thing from today's game was not the self inflicted penalties (6 false starts on 2nd/3rd and short for example) but the lack of emphasis on taking what their defense gave us. As Dabo and Mack both said in their post game press conferences, UNC's entire game plan was to slow the game down on offense and 2 deep safety looks the entire game on defense. The most annoying thing? We never ran the ball on a 1st and 2nd down consecutively. Not... once.... Coach Brown even said they were on fumes and they would have had been in trouble if we had to go back on offense again.

The lack of depth on UNC's defense combined with the consistent 2 deep safety formations make me wonder why ETN had only 14 carries and Dixon only had 4. Out of the 59 plays we ran (61 including the 2 end of game kneel downs), only 18 carries by running backs. That's a RB run 31% of the time (rounded up at that). Why you don't pound the rock more early so that they literally are a full step slow in the 3rd quarter is beyond me.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of those 59 snaps, we ran it 31 times***

Sep 28, 2019, 9:11 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Of those 59 snaps, we ran it 31 times***

Sep 28, 2019, 9:13 PM

and never back to back. ETN and Dixon should both have had 20+ carries in a game like this.

You talk like...

Sep 28, 2019, 9:14 PM

We were gashing then with the run... I’m not sure what game you were watching. It seemed like every time we ran on 1st down we got 2 yards. 2nd down running wasn’t much better. The reason why Etienne is down this year is that the OL has been pedestrian at best so far. Today they SUCKED. Ain’t gonna be no smash mouth running game until that gets fixed. The fact that App State had more success running the ball on them than we did should concern everyone.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You talk like...

Sep 28, 2019, 9:20 PM

ETN had just about 5 yards per carry while Dixon did. I'll take 5-8 yards on 1st and 2nd down to make it 3rd and short. When you throw 7 incomplete deep passes on 2nd down, it's time to do something different. Throwing deep shots consistently on 2nd down against 2 deep safeties was dumb.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,004
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic