Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Must applaud Spurrier's outstanding sportsmanship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Must applaud Spurrier's outstanding sportsmanship

May 3, 2013, 10:40 PM

In demanding that all players be paid, he is essentially agreeing to level the playing field with teams outside the SEC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oddly enough, the same discussions arose when I was at

May 4, 2013, 7:16 AM

CU in the 60's, as a number of people (including a healthy dose of professors) thought that the colleges were already essentially "paying" athletes for their services via scholarships, etc. Thus, the comments were that we may as well go ahead and pay them salaries, call them semi-professionals and eliminate the charades. At the time others believed these attitudes were prompted by the commonly held belief that a lot of athletes were being paid "on the side...under the table" by the schools and boosters...and that those practices were common across the US.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

" and eliminate the charades" sad.. sad.. sad***

May 4, 2013, 10:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I'm so thankful that Clemson does not have a colossal,

May 4, 2013, 7:33 AM

arrogant prick like Spurrier as our head coach. The guy can surely win but he's not worth the embarrasment to any Univeristy (other than USCjr or Auburn).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Turf2, the funny thing is that a whole lot of Clemson people

May 4, 2013, 7:39 AM

were incredulous that Spurrier agreed to accept the SC job, and were actually saying things like, "D@mn, we should have hired him first!" lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good morning Hartins! The question is... would we want to

May 4, 2013, 7:56 AM

sell our soul to the debil.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

WAIT!

May 4, 2013, 8:32 AM

I thought Satan coached for 'Bama?!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Well, ole Beezlebub and his legions seem to be coaching

May 4, 2013, 8:43 AM

at every school not named Clemson....At least that's the impression I've had for, say, 50+ years. lol

What impression did you have for the other 40+ years?

May 4, 2013, 8:46 AM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't recall...My memories only go back to the Frank

May 4, 2013, 9:01 AM

Howard days....Those prior are somewhat vague, although I do remember having a meal with ole Heisman once while he was at Clemson. Oddly enough, he made an off-hand remark, "We ought to have an award for the best college football player someday." I missed my chance at fame and glory, for I should have seized upon his aside and promptly began promoting: "The Hartins Trophy." lol

Good morning, my good Friend....Many now proclaim they

May 4, 2013, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Good morning Hartins! The question is... would we want to ]

wouldn't, but at the time an equal amount professed a willingness to accept old Steve-O with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads. Naturally, after he accepted the SC gig, he rapidly became our arch foe...and no doubt, will remain such. lol

Funny how many SCU fans loathed the man when he coached

May 4, 2013, 8:44 AM

at Florida -- but now bow at his feet now that he's THEIR coach.

Same thing happens all the time in families. It's like,

May 4, 2013, 8:46 AM

Yeah, GWP is an A$$HAT, but he's OUR A$$HAT, so you can't call him that. Only we can.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good analogy! And he's gotten worse since he went

May 4, 2013, 8:50 AM

humorless.

Re: Funny how many SCU fans loathed the man when he coached

May 4, 2013, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Funny how many SCU fans loathed the man when he coached ]

Most of us would have also, and I loathed him at Fla. and still do. And there is nothing worse than acting like you like someone that you have never liked. But I would have done it for Clemson;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Funny how many SCU fans loathed the man when he coached

May 4, 2013, 12:20 PM

That never happened at Clemson with Brad Scott!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning, my good Friend....Many now proclaim they

May 4, 2013, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Good morning, my good Friend....Many now proclaim they ]

My sister in law who is a devout gamecock fan, her first statement to me when the coots hired Spurrier was "we have sold our soul to the devil".

Well, she was spot on. I'd say 'Bama does, indeed, own

May 4, 2013, 8:47 AM

SCU.

You sure she's a devout Gamecock? Sounds like she is

May 4, 2013, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning, my good Friend....Many now proclaim they ]

somewhat rational ;)

Re: You sure she's a devout Gamecock? Sounds like she is

May 4, 2013, 8:53 AM

Sadly she doesn't think that anymore, she thinks now he is great.

If coots fans would tell the truth, there is no way they....

May 4, 2013, 9:13 AM

can be proud of the old ball sack!

Re: If coots fans would tell the truth, there is no way they....

May 4, 2013, 10:03 AM

Well I do remember not so long ago, there were many on here talking what an embarrassment it was having Dabo, dumbo, real estate, insurance salesman coaching us/Clemson. Now everybody loves him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was thinking that was standard practice in the SEC

May 4, 2013, 11:29 AM

money, free hotel rooms, and cars from big supporters like the one from Rock Hill

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic