Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A number of Dems want to take the nuclear football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1,050

A number of Dems want to take the nuclear football

Feb 24, 2021, 12:44 PM

Out of Joes hands ...

Do they know something?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Source?***

Feb 24, 2021, 12:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I think you just read it***

Feb 24, 2021, 12:55 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why do I find myself liking you both today?

Feb 24, 2021, 12:58 PM

this cannot become a regular thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Politico***

Feb 24, 2021, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Source?*** ]

Link?***

Feb 24, 2021, 1:01 PM

I like your funny words magic man

You lazy***

Feb 24, 2021, 1:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's true.

Feb 24, 2021, 2:44 PM

But it's not solely because of Biden. They think it's too much authority for one person to have. Trust me, this is a "let's make sure we don't have another Trump with it" move.

"Past presidents have threatened to attack other countries with nuclear weapons or exhibited behavior that caused other officials to express concern about the president’s judgment."

This is over Trump.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: It's true.

Feb 24, 2021, 2:53 PM

Yet Trump did no such thing, the guy didn't even start any wars.

I believe this is just more bs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2021, 2:54 PM

I'll add, that was the ONLY issue I agreed with Trump on.

He is alot of things but warmonger isn't one of them.

Feb 24, 2021, 2:58 PM

He wasn't, likely because he was too lazy (war takes work). He certainly was unhinged though, and maybe Biden isn't mentally all there as well to have this sole power.

Perhaps we need a new system...

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Feb 24, 2021, 3:23 PM

So per catahoula. Trump wanted to start new wars, but he was too lazy to start them.

Dude, you are completely unhinged.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It sure is work teaching you to read.

Feb 24, 2021, 3:25 PM

I didn't say he wanted to start new wars. I just said he was lazy and wouldn't want to bother with it. He was likely the laziest president in the modern era. The time he actually put in real work was quite minimal compared to previous presidents.

Message was edited by: Catahoula®

Re: It sure is work teaching you to read.

Feb 24, 2021, 11:23 PM

I didn't say he wanted to start new wars. I just said he was lazy and wouldn't want to bother with it. He was likely the laziest president in the modern era. The time he actually put in real work was quite minimal compared to previous presidents.

You said he wasn’t a warmonger because he was too lazy.

Are you just this stupid, or do you have dementia like your buddy sleepy joe?

Which part?

Feb 24, 2021, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: It's true. ]

All I'm saying is that this is their reasoning.

They overall do kind of have a point. Should one person really have all that?

Re: Which part?

Feb 24, 2021, 3:15 PM

Probably not but I don't know how you come up with a system where several people have to sign off when only seconds may matter.

Re: Which part?

Feb 24, 2021, 3:21 PM

And what happens when one of them refuse to sign off?

I'd have to see the plan before I could agree or disagree with changes. Jmho.

Yeah, that's the rub.

Feb 24, 2021, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Which part? ]

Perhaps instead have more of a failsafe kill switch kind of deal by the Joint Chiefs if a president goes bonkers and tries to start mashing buttons?

Assuming that doesn't already secretly exist.

Re: Yeah, that's the rub.

Feb 24, 2021, 3:28 PM

I'm sure things already exist that even congress isn't privy too. At least, I would hope so in today's political climate

But, you can understand how he would seem crazy AF to some

Feb 24, 2021, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: It's true. ]

people, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But, you can understand how he would seem crazy AF to some

Feb 24, 2021, 3:14 PM

I do but Trump is no longer there so I doubt he had the controls to war anyway.

Re: But, you can understand how he would seem crazy AF to some

Feb 24, 2021, 3:18 PM

Has

But that's obviously what prompted this.***

Feb 24, 2021, 3:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2021, 3:22 PM [ in reply to It's true. ]

The first president to not start a new war and this is over trump. LOL

You see, this is where Trumpism is a disease

Feb 24, 2021, 3:33 PM

You people have such a poor grasp of U.S. history, you believe this BS when he and his right wing sources tell you this.

Trump isn't even the first president in MODERN history to not start a new war. Eisenhower holds that title. U.S. military engagement began in Vietnam in 1964. The Korean War started under Truman.

Wow. You superbly suck at history.

As for the very FIRST president not to start a new war, that remains squarely with George Washington.

How do you not know this?

This is like the idiots who claim "Trump accomplished more than any president in history..." Is that you, too?

Oh yeah, one last edit because I know this one will sting: Obama didn't start a new war. Thanks for playing.

Hey CM

Feb 24, 2021, 11:13 PM

Hey.

Clemson mountaineers

Just wanna make sure you didn't miss that history lesson.

Re: You see, this is where Trumpism is a disease

Feb 24, 2021, 11:25 PM [ in reply to You see, this is where Trumpism is a disease ]

I meant since Reagan. My bad for the error.

Re: You see, this is where Trumpism is a disease

Feb 24, 2021, 11:36 PM

Fact check. I was wrong again. So we’re you.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/money.yahoo.com/amphtml/fact-check-trump-joins-carter-191444044.html
https://media.zenfs.com/en-us/usa_today_news_641/aabef5c54a89395424a0dbb593602ff0">

Yeah, no, I wasn't.

Feb 25, 2021, 2:10 PM

Eisenhower didn't start any new wars.

Ummm...

Feb 25, 2021, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: You see, this is where Trumpism is a disease ]

What new wars did Clinton and Obama start?

Trump is the reason, not Biden.***

Feb 24, 2021, 3:04 PM

I'm calling BS on this one.

Feb 24, 2021, 3:17 PM

There was no talk of this until the Dem leadership realized Joe wasn't all there.

Expect the 25th to follow

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: I'm calling BS on this one.

Feb 24, 2021, 3:19 PM

I dont necessarily agree with this but I don't recall any of this talk WHEN Trump, the boogeyman was actually in office. I could be wrong tho.

On the other hand, I don't expect any Democrat to step in front of a microphone and admit to the world that it's about Biden and not Trump.

You'd both be wrong. It's moronic to say Trump didn't prompt

Feb 24, 2021, 3:35 PM

this:

https://www.nj.com/opinion/2020/12/former-reagan-aide-trump-still-has-the-nuclear-codes-and-thats-genuinely-scary-opinion.html

https://www.wired.com/story/donald-trump-nuclear-weapons-system-reform/

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/01/08/trump-nuclear-strike-pelosi-white-house-pentagon-congress/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2021/01/06/enraged-and-isolated-donald-trump-still-has-sole-control-of-americas-nukes/?sh=4b8ed3856320

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/08/pelosi-trump-take-away-nuclear-codes-456529

I find this kind of ironic...

Feb 24, 2021, 3:42 PM

They're arguing that Dems are NOT trying to pass something that goes against Trump.

W T F alternate P&R universe did I enter today?

Re: I find this kind of ironic...

Feb 24, 2021, 4:01 PM

Twilight Zone? I've been there too many times to count over the last two years

Re: You'd both be wrong. It's moronic to say Trump didn't prompt

Feb 24, 2021, 3:47 PM [ in reply to You'd both be wrong. It's moronic to say Trump didn't prompt ]

I had no clue a former president would have the codes.

Geez. I'd assume that would change with each president.

My bad.

Pretty sure it does...

Feb 24, 2021, 3:49 PM

Those articles are from back when he was president.

Re: You'd both be wrong. It's moronic to say Trump didn't prompt

Feb 24, 2021, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Re: You'd both be wrong. It's moronic to say Trump didn't prompt ]

And I still misread. Those articles are from before Trump LEFT office.

So, how does Trump start a nuclear war NOW?

I think the point is moreso...

Feb 24, 2021, 3:50 PM

"Oops, we had one completely unhinged maniac in charge of all the nukes, so let's create a system where we don't have that happen again."

You know, like maybe if one of his coked-up idiot sons becomes president one day.

Re: I think the point is moreso...

Feb 24, 2021, 3:54 PM

Boy I'd hope the Trump name is history from the white house.

I can agree with that tho.

But, again as we discussed above, I have to assume there is already a process in place. At least I'm hoping the most powerful nation in the world would have safeguards but hey it wouldn't shock me

I see now that you beat me to the punch. =)***

Feb 24, 2021, 4:29 PM [ in reply to You'd both be wrong. It's moronic to say Trump didn't prompt ]

I dunno, you think maybe...

Feb 24, 2021, 3:36 PM [ in reply to I'm calling BS on this one. ]

The events on Jan. 6 and the battle after the election by an unhinged wannabe dictator might have prompted this discussion?

They even state in their letter that it's because of past presidents.

They said plural though, no?

Feb 24, 2021, 4:33 PM

I’m out of the loop on this one so forgive my knowledge base solely being this thread. It sounds like the Dems are part of this effort. If they just meant Trump why not say Trump? It’s not like they’re treading on dangerous ground amongst the base by deriding him directly. Diplomacy and tact would just be superfluous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good question.

Feb 25, 2021, 6:25 PM

Maybe because they know if they try to do anything that opposes Trump, his blind loyalists in the Senate will immediately oppose it.

Do you want a million examples of people worrying about

Feb 24, 2021, 3:42 PM [ in reply to I'm calling BS on this one. ]

Trump having the nuclear codes? Because this is how you get a million examples of people worrying about Trump having the nuclear codes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/22/opinion/nuclear-weapons-trump.html

https://www.nj.com/opinion/2020/12/former-reagan-aide-trump-still-has-the-nuclear-codes-and-thats-genuinely-scary-opinion.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/pelosi-trump-riot-war-nuclear-weapons-b1784580.html

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/08/06/trump-unchecked-power-nuclear-arsenal-392522

Man I haven't been on P&R in a while and I forgot how easy this was.

Re: Do you want a million examples of people worrying about

Feb 24, 2021, 3:52 PM

I can see why people would be worried but again, he is no longer President and no longer has access to blow the world up.

Personally, as I stated above, I'd bet there is already a process in place to keep a president from suddenly going rogue. A process that those dem congress people probably aren't even privy too.

That’s only 500,000.

Feb 24, 2021, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Do you want a million examples of people worrying about ]

You posted each one twice. Cheater.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey we trust NK, Pakistan, China, Russia and Israel

Feb 24, 2021, 4:00 PM

to not launch nuclear weapons, but we don't trust ourselves.

Sounds about right for the Dim party.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did our Fore Fathers think of the nuclear football?

Feb 25, 2021, 5:55 PM

Seriously folks - what is the alternative? Let Congress meet and vote on whether or not to break out the nukes?

By then, we'd all be dead AF...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 49
| visibility 1,050
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic