Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Study: Republicans share more FakeNews
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Study: Republicans share more FakeNews

Apr 29, 2020, 3:08 PM

Republicans are less likely to be influenced by credibility indicators, more inclined to share fake news on social media.

https://engineering.nyu.edu/news/researchers-find-red-flagging-misinformation-could-slow-spread-fake-news-social-media

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NYU, lol***

Apr 29, 2020, 3:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A real university, unlike Trump U, lol***

Apr 29, 2020, 3:19 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Came here for a republican calling the study fake news,

Apr 29, 2020, 3:19 PM [ in reply to NYU, lol*** ]

was not disappointed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you read about the study?

Apr 29, 2020, 4:19 PM

It was clearly designed to get that result. It would be like saying Clemson fans are less likely to believe truth because they don't believe the 'credibility indicators' put out by Gamecock fans.

Republicans don't trust journalists, mainstream media, or big tech. Shocker.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean...that’s just funny.***

May 1, 2020, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Came here for a republican calling the study fake news, ]

null

Because pubs do such a crappy job making it.***

Apr 29, 2020, 3:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So that justifies Youtube and Twitter squelching our...

Apr 29, 2020, 3:31 PM

right to free speech? All we need do to have free speech is be judged as 'true,' by a liberal media and liberal social media orgs?

I have the right to be wrong. Racist have the right to be wrong. Liberals have the right to be wrong. Everyone in this nation has a right to say whatever they want without limits other than screaming fire in a crowded venue.

Can you see why those videos of Larry King call in by the mother of Joe's accuser is being hidden? Can you see why that video of the two California doctors was taken down withing two days of being posted on Youtube. Can you see we are on the verge of living the 1984 nightmare? What will happen when this nation is taken over by people who do not have your political views? Will you see the truth then? Yes, when you get a taste of what it's like to lose you'll look back and say 'How did this happen.'

Welcome to Chicom.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You might have it backwards.

Apr 29, 2020, 3:37 PM

Right now the government is unable to tell YouTube and Twitter how to run their websites. THAT'S freedom of speech.

What you're advocating is having the government FORCING those private companies to disseminate lies and propaganda. THAT'S "Chicom" oh god you made me use that term why would you do that??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You might have it backwards.

Apr 30, 2020, 11:01 AM

It's funny how quickly these Trump "conservatives" have abandoned conservative ideology: They actually want the government to force these corporations to air their expression.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Apr 30, 2020, 6:36 PM

These platforms are censoring conservative thought, period. There’s no other reason.

I did a you tube search of "right wing thoughts"

Apr 30, 2020, 7:52 PM

to verify your claim. interestingly this is the first thing that pops up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZDTKazNpbI

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2020, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: You might have it backwards. ]

You really do not understand words very well, Memphis.

You are not a "conservative". A conservative is George Will. A conservative is Mitt Romney. A conservative is John Kasich. The definition of conservative, by the way, is "holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion."

I am socially fairly liberal, but I'm fiscally and politically conservative. I very much share Justin Amash's belief that the best government is probably the one closest to you and that at the end of the day the Federal government should be an army and a few cops and courts to keep things from getting too crazy, and that the state and even local governments should have a lot more say than they presently do. South Carolina culture is not the same as New York culture and South Carolinians should be allowed to do things the way South Carolinians want to do them, as much as possible. I believe in not spending more than you make. I believe in careful restraint when it comes to social entitlement programs because they generally do not work and tend to create far more problems than they solve. Those are conservative beliefs.

Then again, I have beliefs. You do not. You're actually what's called a "reactionary". You're essentially at a tribal level of operating. Anybody who is not you and within your own narrow group is the enemy. Your only defining trait is your hatred of everyone else.

You are a white nationalist, by your own admission. You are a homophobe. You are a xenophobe. You are sexist. (What is this fixation you've got with nurses, by the way? It's creepy, even for you.) You repeatedly refer to anyone who does not share your own distorted belief system as "sheep". You spew lies - some of which is known Russian disinformation - and poison and even when you are proven utterly, 100% wrong on a subject you never own it or admit it, you just press on with still more lies.

You are a hate crime waiting to happen. You are not anything resembling "conservative".

Gatdaym***

May 1, 2020, 8:14 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2020, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: You might have it backwards. ]

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Nothing says this is going to be a good argument

Apr 29, 2020, 3:45 PM [ in reply to So that justifies Youtube and Twitter squelching our... ]

quite like throwing racism in there as well. Bravo.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this a liberal claiming that inserting racism into an argument

Apr 30, 2020, 9:51 AM

diminishes the argument?

null

Can I get a ruling? I feel like surely I’m misreading this.***

May 1, 2020, 10:57 AM

null

Re: So that justifies Youtube and Twitter squelching our...

Apr 29, 2020, 3:54 PM [ in reply to So that justifies Youtube and Twitter squelching our... ]

https://i.imgur.com/MiVU1lv.mp4

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep you are wrong, per usually. Your right to free

Apr 29, 2020, 3:55 PM [ in reply to So that justifies Youtube and Twitter squelching our... ]

speech doesn’t cover being able to post whatever you want to a private company’s website.

And if YouTube or twitter were to ever become highly censored websites that squelched significant levels of content, people would stop using those websites and they would not be significant players. That’s how capitalism works. The people have given those websites the ability to be the size they are, and can take that way just as easily. So no, this isn’t like 1984 at all. Take off the tin foil hat.

y'all seem triggered***

Apr 29, 2020, 4:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You Trumpies need to get more creative. And understand

Apr 29, 2020, 4:12 PM

how the constitution works.

LOL. This is what they're down to.

Apr 30, 2020, 9:41 AM [ in reply to y'all seem triggered*** ]

If your scraping the bottom of the barrel, might I suggest "libtards"? Or perhaps Capn'Crunch can misspell some words at us?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep you are wrong, per usually. Your right to free

Apr 30, 2020, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Yep you are wrong, per usually. Your right to free ]

Explain then, how Facebook and Twitter allow pedophiles to openly converse, putting their passion for small children on full display. Yet conservatives are suspended or completely banned for using a wrong word.

Re: Yep you are wrong, per usually. Your right to free

Apr 30, 2020, 6:49 PM

They dont allow pedophilia.

This is a sick thing you believe. They have algorithms

May 1, 2020, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Yep you are wrong, per usually. Your right to free ]

specifically coded to hunt out the pedophiles, block them from using the service, and reporting the IP addresses to the FBI.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: So that justifies Youtube and Twitter squelching our...

Apr 29, 2020, 4:03 PM [ in reply to So that justifies Youtube and Twitter squelching our... ]

Youtube and Facebook can't possibly squelch

Apr 30, 2020, 9:47 AM [ in reply to So that justifies Youtube and Twitter squelching our... ]

your right to free speech. Only the government can do that.

Democrats now touting the rights of free enterprise to

Apr 30, 2020, 10:20 AM [ in reply to So that justifies Youtube and Twitter squelching our... ]

run their business as they see fit, without government interference.

What a crazy time in which we live.

Everyone saying that is right. Government should not get in the way of YouTube managing their site however they want. I’m glad we are all in alignment on government overreach.

Having said that...just because I agree with everyone saying that YouTube has the right to censor certain content, doesn’t mean I think it’s a good policy. YouTube is not an authority on immunology and should be very cautious about crowning any solution as THE solution. Should they have banned any doctor from posting a video saying that you should wear a mask? The advice would have been in direct contradiction to guidance from the CDC...why would it be any less “misinformation” than these guys saying that we’d be better off opening the economy and getting the immunity built up.

Think of it. Think of all the things posted on YouTube. The outrageous stunts. The conspiracy crap. The theories, the bad choices...all of it. Should YouTube start monitoring that? Should they imply that such activities are acceptable by NOT censoring it?

Private enterprise, absolutely. But also a valuable place for exchanging ideas. Let these theories see the light and let people counter argue. Then...just like Coronavirus when exposed to afternoon sun, the faulty arguments die. Or...force them into hiding where untrusting players assume nefarious motives for squashing dissenting opinions.

TL/DR: they’re within their rights, but I think they’re making a mistake.

null

Oh good Lord

Apr 30, 2020, 11:00 AM [ in reply to So that justifies Youtube and Twitter squelching our... ]

How many more of you Trumpies are going to require a First Amendment lesson as you continue to whine about YouTube and Twitter.

Let me go all deroberts on you here so you can get it:

PRIVATE CORPORATIONS ARE NOT GOVERNED BY THE FIRST AMENDMENT AND CAN DICTATE THE CONTENT ON THEIR SITES. YOUR FREE SPEECH IS NOT VIOLATED WHEN THEY REFUSE TO LET YOU PLACE CONTENT ON THOSE SITES BECAUSE THEY OWN THEM. THE FIRST AMENDMENT ONLY APPLIES TO GOVERNMENT ABUSES OF FREE SPEECH.

Why is this hard? Why do so many of y'all not get this? This is basic high school civics.

Here's your easy test to figure this out. Do you think Crump should be required to allow any and all posts that happen on Tigernet? Like from any Gamecock troll? NO?!?! Okay, then, now you get it. It's the same concept.

Finally, YouTube and Twitter aren't squelching conservative speech. They're stamping out outright lying, harmful information about COVID, Trump-fueled idiocy and hatred, including white supremacy. That's what they're stamping out.

Liberals: "We don't understand why we can't get along?!"

Apr 29, 2020, 4:01 PM

Also Liberals: "Here is this study we did showing Republicans kill more puppies than Democrats"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can you inform us what a credibility indickator is? thanx***

Apr 29, 2020, 4:20 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

It's what I decide it is, and you're not on the right side

Apr 29, 2020, 4:24 PM

of history if you disagree.

"I am a United States Senator."............" Exactly."***

Apr 30, 2020, 7:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know what Democrats share

Apr 30, 2020, 6:45 AM

because I'm not really friends with any, but I know I am constantly amazed by the amount of fake news I see shared on social media by my acquaintances.

I've got one SJW friend posts lots of fake news.

Apr 30, 2020, 9:44 AM

I often call him out on it. He and his super-lib friends think I'm basically a conservative.

Re: Study: Republicans share more FakeNews

Apr 30, 2020, 9:50 AM

Obviously. They have more nutty sources that are successful. Info Wars types.

Apr 30, 2020, 10:01 AM

that is because of education levels.

The uneducated tend to believe what their leader says. As has been shown, republicans are SCARED of an educated public

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2020, 6:34 PM

If you’re a true conservative you can’t even stomach television news. Most have moved to social media.

That’s where all the REAL intelligent people are!***

Apr 30, 2020, 6:44 PM

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic