Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thinking about flying up to watch a couple games at Fenway
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,217

Thinking about flying up to watch a couple games at Fenway

Jul 13, 2012, 11:23 AM

Park in the next couple weeks.Looking for suggestions finding a nice Hotel within walking distane to the park.Thanx in advance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When do we play @ BC?***

Jul 13, 2012, 11:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Why?***

Jul 13, 2012, 11:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You may want to get your tickets in advance from StubHubs...

Jul 13, 2012, 11:42 AM

or somewhere as the games at Fenway Park are usually sold out.

Re: You may want to get your tickets in advance from StubHubs...

Jul 13, 2012, 12:15 PM

If you have never been and are a baseball fan, this is a must. A few tickets are placed on sale before each game but you have to stand in line for quite a while to buy them. Stub Hub or a similar outlet might be a good idea.All hotels in Boston are expensive. There are several in the Fens section but all are pricey and you might rather stay in city center. I prefer the Cambridge area but it is pricey also. Take the "T" train anywhere you need to go. Don't even think about driving!
I suggest that you invest in a "Frommers" guide book or something similar from your local bookstore. Lots to see and do in Boston. Take the trolley tour first. It is inexpensive and will show you the sights very easily. Great restaurants. Some, such as Legal Seafoods are very good and reasonable. Visit MIT and Harvard. Great academic atmosphere in the whole city.
Red Sox are not in town for our game with BC this year. A real bummer because I always try to combine these two trips.

Jul 15, 2012, 5:01 PM

Try ACE Tickets. 1 800 mytickets. They have the best selection of Sox tickets.

Jul 13, 2012, 12:26 PM [ in reply to You may want to get your tickets in advance from StubHubs... ]

you can get standing room tickets and then some times find empty seat. lady gace me and my wife seats 10 rows from home plate. here brothers could not make game from R.I.

Jul 13, 2012, 12:29 PM [ in reply to You may want to get your tickets in advance from StubHubs... ]

WE GOT OUR TIX FROM STUB HUB SEVERAL YRS. RIP OFF PRICE BUT TOTAL EXPERIENCE WELL WORTH IT.

Re: Thinking about flying up to watch a couple games at Fenway

Jul 13, 2012, 12:22 PM

Went to game few years ago fefore the Clemson B.C. game. stayed at hotel 2 or 3 blocks away. cannot remember the name . Linda Long travel can tell you the name of the hotrl we stayed in. Been a red soxs fan since 1947. only game ever attended. my dad signed with Yankey in 37 and played two years in farm system. came home and was a Red Sox fan till he past away.

Marriott Boston Copley Place is in walking distance and

Jul 13, 2012, 12:32 PM

close to Boylston St. Lots of bars and restaurants there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Second for Boston Marriott Copley Place

Jul 13, 2012, 12:41 PM

Stayed here in 2008 and walked to ALCS games against Tampa Bay. Walking distance to a lot of places and every major tour in the city does a pick up here.

I tell anyone heading to Boston to hit the Harpoon Brewery "tasting." Sam Adams is fine but they are stingy with the beer. Harpoon is basically one hour of free open bar with all of their small batch stuff available to try.

I'll add - concierge at Marriott got me two great seats together to each game for face price on the day of.

Message was edited by: viztiz®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thinking about flying up to watch a couple games at Fenway

Jul 15, 2012, 5:24 PM

The wife and me went on vaction there in '09 right before I deployed but we stayed in Salem, which is about 30-45 minutes from Boston. Not a bad place to stay (It was a little cheaper than staying in Boston) and it had some interesting places to visit. When we went to Boston, we took the ferry which brought us into Boston from the Harbor and it was nice. I would recommend buying Redsox tickets in advance b/c their are normally sold out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Save on airfare, stop in NY and see a winner play. Go Tigers***

Jul 15, 2012, 5:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,217
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic