Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So is Clemson a Business School now?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

So is Clemson a Business School now?

Jan 21, 2020, 8:14 AM

Thanks for the big honking building across from Bowman.

Really hated those ugly old oaks and the hill. The leaves were horrible. They were everywhere.

Clemson A&M&B

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ See what you did there..

Jan 21, 2020, 8:35 AM

It was beautiful and I liked to park couple of my small camper vans up there in the late 80’s & 90’s overlooking Bowman Field below so I could check out the scenery plus be close to walking downtown & to stadium.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

at least at sirrine when they were sleeping on the lawn

Jan 21, 2020, 8:52 AM

it wasn't quite as embarrassing when you tripped over them on the way from Lowry or Earle. This will be embarrassing when someone falls down the hill into Hwy 93.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So is Clemson a Business School now?

Jan 21, 2020, 8:53 AM

And yes... Clemson is making strides to improve it's business school. My son will be enrolling in the fall semester. I guess they are going to finally renovate Sirrine Hall for other classes. It wouldn't surprise me if they use it for engineering.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

It will be used as a temporary stay for other buildings

Jan 21, 2020, 9:04 AM

being renovated. Business programs moving out in May to new building, I think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2020, 8:59 AM

That’s nothing compared to the mini city of the bridge program. I swear that went up over night I remember coming down for a game a few years ago and saying “### is all this stuff” and someone said the bridge program and I was thinking “what’s that?”

Jan 21, 2020, 10:09 AM

I think you are referring to Douthit Hills which are across the street room the President’s house.

It was initially for Bridge students but it is my understanding that there were complaints by the upperclassmen regardding Bridge students getting new housing. So it became upperclassmen housing instead.

I believe most of the bridge live in Calhoun Courts.

Ironically, they live in Lightsey BRIDGE Apartments***

Jan 24, 2020, 4:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ironically, they live in Lightsey BRIDGE Apartments***

Jan 25, 2020, 10:05 AM

Community living is one of the most important experiences for a first-year college student. Bridge to Clemson students live in the Lightsey Bridge and Calhoun Courts communities on the main campus of Clemson University with Clemson Home.

Jan 25, 2020, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: So is Clemson a Business School now? ]

You are correct. Douthit is not for bridge students.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The bridge program is Clemson's embarrassing attempt at shoveling

Jan 25, 2020, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: So is Clemson a Business School now? ]

in more money lowering in Clemson's academic tradition at the same time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jan 21, 2020, 9:09 AM

I kinda dig the new Business School.

Considering "Clemson" seems to spawn now on the other side of 76, the placement seems fairly decent.

Now, if you want to talk a monstrosity, lets talk about that Lee Hall renovation. This is why all Architects need banished to the other side of Mars. I think the architects are the manifestation of the "you had one job" meme. Completely nonfunctional as a building... and this is saying something when the Old Lee Hall room numbering system was non-sequential.

Well, it's a business

Jan 21, 2020, 9:12 AM

so I guess so.

They are growing fast - #2 with a bullet

Jan 21, 2020, 10:01 AM

Undergrad is approaching Engineering in enrollment, somewhere around 4,200 vs 5,100.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The older I get the quicker things change and...

Jan 21, 2020, 11:39 AM

the less I like it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The pace of change will never be as slow as it is right now

Jan 21, 2020, 2:24 PM

in others words, hang on.

Sad to realize that the two places I lived at Clemson, the

Jan 21, 2020, 2:40 PM

Clemson House and Johnstone, are both gone. Sad indeed!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sad to realize that the two places I lived at Clemson, the

Jan 24, 2020, 12:38 PM

Nothing sad about J stone gone.

Great recollections of time there. But that was very sub par.

Johnstone was supposed to have been gone 50+ years ago.

Jan 24, 2020, 3:48 PM

It was never meant to have been anything more than hastily thrown together temporary housing.

I watched them try to demolish it and the combination of the concrete and steel was amazingly stubborn.

Still the sheet metal in between the concrete slabs are what really defined the “Tin Cans”, right?

Jan 21, 2020, 2:59 PM

I agree. That fall foliage was an eyesore.

Well it certainly isn't an agricultural school anymore.***

Jan 24, 2020, 11:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

You giving Clemson “da bizness”?

Jan 24, 2020, 12:03 PM

Too many big honking buildings going up all over town.

Way too many.

I am getting ready to start a land trust, so we can buy up

Jan 24, 2020, 8:41 PM

the remaining unbuilt areas and protect one of the best things about Clemson - its rural character, where the Blue Ridge Yawns its Greatness.

I would be heartbroken if we turned into just another college town.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

To paraphrase John Prine ... I’m $orry my $on, but you’re

Jan 24, 2020, 9:24 PM

... you’re too late in a$king, Mi$ter Wynkop’$ ca$h train ha$ hauled it away.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You giving Clemson “da bizness”?

Jan 24, 2020, 8:55 PM [ in reply to You giving Clemson “da bizness”? ]

Clemson is supposedly improving in all areas and is losing its soul. In 20 years it will be another cookie cutter "higher institute of learning" and mean nothing. If your living is easy when you are young, you will have no bottom when things get harder later in life. I did time in Johnstone with no A/C, one phone on the hall and classes five and one half days a week. If you only thrive where everything is easy, you will wilt when times get hard. And if you think that DC will bail you out, they will only take your freedom in return. Then you can be a good grazdanin.

Jan 25, 2020, 10:26 AM

Well, my Son is a freshman at Clemson and is also a palmetto fellow. However, even with that scholarship I’m paying almost 12k a semester not including books. With that kind of money, there better be AC in the dorms.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2020, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: You giving Clemson “da bizness”? ]

That is some comical rhetoric from someone who likely grew up in the most blessed generation in American history. God forbid you paid nearly nothing to live in a dorm with shoddy ac. That SAME dorm your children had to pay 100s of times more for, because you sucked up all the government social funding in your youth, then voted them all away for future generations, so your taxes could be a smidge lower.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic