Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FUMBLE by Clements and BOD
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,850

FUMBLE by Clements and BOD

Sep 30, 2019, 5:03 PM

I know President Clements is a strong supporter of Clemson Athletics, but he and the Board of Directors, plus whoever is responsible for the academic calendar has made a really stupid decision.

This weekend is a BYE WEEK for the football team and the next week is a home game versus Florida State. However, next weekend is also FALL BREAK for the students. What kind of eggheads would take one of the prize home game rivalries and waste it on Saturday when the students are out of town?!?! The calendar makers should have been aware enough of the Bye Week and put Fall Break this weekend so that the students could be at the FSU game. I know the 'Noles aren't what they used to be, but there's no doubting the intensity of this rivalry. Just proves that you may be smart without any common sense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do realize...

Sep 30, 2019, 5:05 PM

the university academic calendar is set long before the ACC sets the conference game schedule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: You do realize...

Sep 30, 2019, 5:06 PM

Evidently not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Sep 30, 2019, 5:11 PM

Not a big deal. The student section is usually vacant before halftime anyway. Maybe some real supporters can get those seats.

A lot must be going on in Clemson these days. Lots to do besides watch the number one football team in the nation play. I can truthfully say that I can not remember a guy leaving the stadium in my day .... and the Tigers were BAD.

Sep 30, 2019, 5:45 PM

Well, now, at one time, we could sneak liquor in so we didn't need to go anywhere except to void and get another coke.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2019, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: You do realize... ]

That's far from the only thing that guy doesn't realize.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think there is some confusion.

Sep 30, 2019, 5:10 PM

The week with no football game is called an Open Date. Always has been.

The term “bye week” is actually more appropriate for something like fall break.

So this may have contributed to what does seem like somewhat of a blunder by the administration.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FUMBLE by Clements and BOD

Sep 30, 2019, 5:19 PM

The only problem with your line of thinking is:
1) The President of Clemson University does not set the Athletic calendar.
2) The University sets Fall Break (and the entire academic calendar) a minimum of one year in advance.
3) The Athletic Department does not control the Conference schedule. That is set by the ACC office.

Yes...it would have been nice if they lined up better, but don't "vent" at the University when they really can't control the outcome.

You misspelled "Swofford"

Sep 30, 2019, 5:26 PM

and "ACC Cheats."

Sep 30, 2019, 5:41 PM

but lease continue to find things to be upset about

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I am sure there are enough in-state students and Alumni

Sep 30, 2019, 5:47 PM

around to fill the Valley for FSU. I could be proven wrong, but I kind of doubt it.

I mean most students go stay with their parents in G-Vegas

Sep 30, 2019, 5:52 PM

so it's a short trip back to the stadium for the game. Not a big deal IMO

Sep 30, 2019, 8:50 PM

Your weak pulse will be even lower with this post

Yes, it's clear that President Clements needs to

Sep 30, 2019, 8:56 PM

elevate his game

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Sep 30, 2019, 9:13 PM

They have changed the academic calendar last minute to accommodate FSU on Labor Day 2007 and this year by cancellation of classes for GT on Thursday. I only wish our players would have had fall break overlap the bye week to allow them to go homefor a long weekend.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,850
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic