Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You close practice for your fan base but ........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

You close practice for your fan base but ........

Mar 28, 2013, 12:05 PM

you have the coaching staff in from a major college program that you have a high probability of seeing in a bowl soon. As a matter of fact put up black block out on your fences to keep some interested fan of getting a glimpse of your practice but open your books, show your talent, and hell for that matter serve lunch to the coaches of Ohio State.

Crazy stuff happening in college football today. Not only at Clemson but some real crazy stuff going on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Practice is closed to keep

Mar 28, 2013, 12:06 PM

the coot spies out...FSU, as well

How good are would you say that you can make well a sentence***

Mar 28, 2013, 12:07 PM

Chad Morris went to Nevada last year

Mar 28, 2013, 12:13 PM

don't forget that.

I love your video...it NEVER gets old!***

Mar 28, 2013, 1:19 PM

Re: I love your video...it NEVER gets old!***

Mar 28, 2013, 3:49 PM

Best show on TV in my opinion, though I haven't seen any of the fourth season. Gonna have to fire up the ol VPN and log onto Hulu.

Re: I love your video...it NEVER gets old!***

Mar 28, 2013, 4:44 PM

which show is that?

What's the show called?***

Mar 28, 2013, 7:02 PM [ in reply to Re: I love your video...it NEVER gets old!*** ]

And Oklahoma State recently too.***

Mar 28, 2013, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Chad Morris went to Nevada last year ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I don't think it's so much so practice will be a secret

Mar 28, 2013, 12:17 PM

As it is that some fan will watch one practice and assume they know the players faults better than the coaches

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOOOOOO not here!!***

Mar 28, 2013, 1:19 PM

And people have to ATTEND practice to think that?????

Mar 28, 2013, 5:09 PM [ in reply to I don't think it's so much so practice will be a secret ]

Read the board more often.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would explain a lot.

Mar 28, 2013, 6:40 PM [ in reply to I don't think it's so much so practice will be a secret ]

Either our coaches are good and we want to save our competitive advantage, or our coaches are bad and we don't want fans complaining about what they see.

Re: You close practice for your fan base but ........

Mar 28, 2013, 12:22 PM

You remember that time Hayden Fox showed his old mentor around Minnesota State; even shared his playbook. Came back to bite him when they met in the Pineapple Bowl.

It's a safety issue. If you open practice

Mar 28, 2013, 12:41 PM

To the public, you get the true fans but you also get the trash that wants free entertainment. It puts players and coaches at risk. You would have to boost security which is more money. It's ok to share ideas. Although it is the plays you may be teaching an opponent, if you don't have the athletes to beat the team that knows the plays, you have more problems. Yes it would be neat to view practices, but In the world we live in, you cannot let just anyone in your practices.

"In the world we live in"... What's that mean? "The horror..

Mar 28, 2013, 12:59 PM

the horror."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "In the world we live in"... What's that mean? "The horror..

Mar 28, 2013, 1:07 PM

coots practices are all open to the public. maybe we should send down some spys if that would help.

Re: "In the world we live in"... What's that mean? "The horror..

Mar 28, 2013, 1:26 PM

Coot practices are open because no one is going to spy on that offense and they are required to be open to the public. They are using state corrections money to get their players to the field.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I mean

Mar 28, 2013, 3:06 PM [ in reply to "In the world we live in"... What's that mean? "The horror.. ]

First off, I am a history teacher, so I base a lot of my thought on what I deal with every day which is safety for children and trying to figure out why things happen in history. So what I meant by the world we live in is in the world we live in, you have to worry about the what ifs and what could happen. So I believe that could be a reason why they don't have open practices. I could be wrong, I just know that's what I think about when I think of reasons why practices are closed to the general public.

Makes sense to me...

Free entertainment is trashy and dangerous? Would it be

Mar 28, 2013, 3:48 PM

safer if we charged admission to practice?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A world where some ###### shoots up an elementary school.***

Mar 28, 2013, 3:50 PM [ in reply to "In the world we live in"... What's that mean? "The horror.. ]

There's something in these hills.

What are you talking about?***

Mar 28, 2013, 3:45 PM [ in reply to It's a safety issue. If you open practice ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's a safety issue. If you open practice

Mar 28, 2013, 7:56 PM [ in reply to It's a safety issue. If you open practice ]

Other schools are not having a safety issue. Two that come to mind are SC and Georgia. Their spring practices are open to their fan base. Are you saying Clemson fans are less competent. I don't think so!

It's called CONFIDENCE, here's what we do...stop it***

Mar 28, 2013, 1:18 PM

Re: You close practice for your fan base but ........

Mar 28, 2013, 2:31 PM

Why would t-netters need to see the practices? We already know everything about this program. Besides, if they fixed everything like we have requested, then nobody would have anything to complain about. That won't work for me.

Other coaches don't typically tweet practice updates

Mar 28, 2013, 2:32 PM

or take pictures of practice like fans will.

When other coaches watch practice they are looking at things like practice organization etc. They've talked the X and O in the film room.

Just like every other profession, coaches know what to share and what is your competitive advantage that they keep to themself.

In the immortal words of Allen Iverson...........

Mar 28, 2013, 5:16 PM

Iverson: "If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game last it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that Explaint?

Huh??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I thought Iverson's most famous quote came during

Mar 28, 2013, 5:24 PM

a contract dispute when the slighted Iverson said he couldn't afford to feed his kids on a paltry $6 million per year!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody has the talent to simulate our offense.

Mar 28, 2013, 6:58 PM

No matter who we face in our bowl game they will have 12 or 13 game films to review. I'm doubting our coaches would tell them anything that they couldn't learn by reviewing those films.

Yeah, I said, "NOBODY," including the chickens, injuns and leghumpers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic