Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trying to watch the game in Italy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Trying to watch the game in Italy

Sep 13, 2019, 8:40 PM

Help!, I am on vacation in Italy. In the past I have been able to watch Clemson games using the ESPN app and a VPN. In preparation for tomorrow's game, I have been trying to watch the UNC-Wake game using several different VPN apps. No matter which one I use, I get the message “This content can’t be accessed outside the US” It seems like ESPN is not allowing the VPN work around. Any other way to watch the game?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't help since can't even get Comcast to telecast ACCn in SAV Ga..

Sep 13, 2019, 8:46 PM

but good luck Tiger!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trying to watch the game in Italy

Sep 13, 2019, 8:59 PM

Try logging out of the VPN. Clear your browser history--completely. Close the browser. Then open your VPN, then browser. This has been my problem multiple times. Hope it helps!

Sep 13, 2019, 9:43 PM

It looks like the ESPN app requires you to let them access your location while using the app. I only brought an iPad. I was able to sign up for a 7 day free trial of ESPN Player which is allowing me to watch the game. Thanks for your help.

First world problem

Sep 13, 2019, 9:03 PM

Don't take a #### vacation during football season dumb ###. YWIA

Sep 13, 2019, 9:50 PM

Burns dyers bon vivant

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2019, 9:58 PM

CUME71 said:

Help!, I am on vacation in Italy. In the past I have been able to watch Clemson games using the ESPN app and a VPN. In preparation for tomorrow's game, I have been trying to watch the UNC-Wake game using several different VPN apps. No matter which one I use, I get the message “This content can’t be accessed outside the US” It seems like ESPN is not allowing the VPN work around. Any other way to watch the game?

Dude, you’re just SOL. Don’t you know ?..... The only sports you’re gonna get over there are calcio (soccer) and formula un.
Hang out on the terrace and enjoy the company of the new friends you’ve made. By tomorrow they will have unofficially adopted you into their clan and you’ll be expected to join them for lunch on Sunday at 2:00.

Eat the food, drink the vino, stay up late, sleep in late and no matter what anyone asks of you simply respond, “Va bene, domani.” (Okay, tomorrow.)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are NOT out of luck

Sep 13, 2019, 11:30 PM

For the ND game last January, I was with my family in Switzerland. Watch ESPN isn’t/wasn’t possible due to international licensing. Simple solution if you have a good buddy. Mine set his iPhone on a camera stand in front of his TV and I watched it via FaceTime or WhatsApp. Worked perfectly. And of course the game worked out well too. Skiing stunk the next day because the game wasn’t over until 3:30ish. No matter.
Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are NOT out of luck

Sep 14, 2019, 1:04 AM

Try Reddit College Football Streams.

Re: You are NOT out of luck

Sep 14, 2019, 9:16 AM

I lived in Sicily from ‘98 - 2000 and Japan from 2001 - ‘04. The internet was still in it’s infancy in those days yet I never missed the gameday radio broadcast streamed.

As much as we all loved Jim Phillips, I can attest that he was really starting to lose it in those late years. I was depending on him for situational descriptions and so much of the time I was left in the dark about down and distance, who’s ball it was after a fumble, which team the penalty was on, etc. Once he even called the name of a receiver who had graduated and left the team the previous season.

But Don Munson has all his faculties and he’ll keep you abreast of what’s going on.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic