Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts from a LSU FAN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

Thoughts from a LSU FAN

Jan 16, 2020, 2:50 PM

I wanted to take a moment as an LSU Fan and someone who lives in Baton Rouge, to say thank you to all the Clemson fans I spoke to this past weekend. For the most part everyone was great, of course like any fan base there were some people who went over board but who cares. As Clemson fans yall should be proud, it's not often a team makes it to back to back title games. Clemson just had the unfortunate luck if running into one of the greatest teams in college football history. Congrats to yall, lets be honest Clemson as not always been the powerhouse that it looks like it has become, and does not seem to be going anywhere for a long time.

I would like to say on behalf of all LSU fans, please dont let the few determine how you see LSU and Louisiana. Each fan base has it ugly side (ye with no sin cast the first stone)... I sat next to a bunch of Clemson fans and they were treated with respect and no one was ugly... now i understand that wasn't everyone's experience and if you were treated rudely, believe me when i say that's not us.

TRUST ME, when i say, i know how you feel right now.... 1-9-2012 lives in mind to this day. It stings, it sucks and we vent but lets not make broad, sweeping statements that Louisiana is trash and everyone in it has no class.

I enjoyed having a pretty sizable group of Clemson fans at my tailgate this past weekend, they were great people and when LSU makes a trip to Clemson in 2025( i think thats right) , i would love to check it out.

Again great season and Geaux Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts from a LSU FAN

Jan 16, 2020, 2:56 PM

Nolan Turner catches that pick 6 and we go up 32-28 we're having a different conversation. What I witnessed from Saturday to Tuesday was a majority of uncouth LSU fans chanting STTDB around families with children or taunting randomly unprovoked with an unmatched arrogance and a few really nice and cool one's sprinkled in. But we can agree to disagree on that.

Congratulations, you guys did indeed have ONE of the best in history this year, especially on offense. Enjoy it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 3:01 PM

I’m sure there are good people in Louisiana (for some reason). But in criticizing “sweeping statements,” he’s trying to compare the hedonistic toxic waste dump of Louisiana to the State of South Carolina. Really? As if there is any comparison. Hard to take much of that manifesto seriously.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 16, 2020, 3:06 PM

Well his experience of SC is likely of coots so it's all relative. I give him the benefit of the doubt with that. It's almost like they're looking in the mirror when SC visits Baton Rouge

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WOW, this guy holds out an olive branch and you guys slap

Jan 16, 2020, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts from a LSU FAN ]

his hand away. Are y'all sure you are in a position to call other people names.

Re: WOW, this guy holds out an olive branch and you guys slap

Jan 16, 2020, 7:31 PM

Thanks it’s all good. I was only hoping to shed light on the entire picture not excuse any bad behavior.

Re: WOW, this guy holds out an olive branch and you guys slap

Jan 16, 2020, 9:27 PM [ in reply to WOW, this guy holds out an olive branch and you guys slap ]

I don’t recall calling anyone a name. I responded to his self perception of lsu fans and congratulated him on the win. What more do you want? Do you want us to have lunch and tea?

Congrats on your win and a great season...

Jan 16, 2020, 3:04 PM

You make one statement that kind of bogs down all your other nice comments.

Further, you undersell our accomplishments a tad (we've been in 4 of the last 5 title games). Probably not intentional.

We have a wonderful reputation for being great hosts. We know you will feel welcome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congrats on your win and a great season...

Jan 16, 2020, 3:12 PM

well i didnt mean to under sell Clemson.

i also didnt write that to trigger anyone, i wish that yall would have not had those idiots talk smack to yall, but Im pretty sure most of it was done in fun. Yes there are some ######## out there but dont let them paint the picture for us all.

generally the whole "neck" thing is isolated to the student section, but maybe the moment got to everyone. believe me its not a good look

I didn't think you intended it...

Jan 16, 2020, 3:12 PM

or else I would have responded like some of the others on here.

I can tell you as a Clemson fan, we are very proud of what Dabo is doing.

I was surprised at how good LSU was defensively and offensively. Truly great team this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Congrats on your win and a great season... ]

The general smack talk, tiger bait, etc is no problem and nobody cares about that, but much of what I saw wasn’t done in fun. It was angry and aggressive. They wanted a fight.

of course they could have just been NO locals rather than “real” fans, I suppose.

Jan 16, 2020, 3:21 PM

well i wish that wasn't the case

I have wonderful LSU Friends!

Jan 16, 2020, 3:52 PM

Here's a little recommendation for a number of your fans and The City of New Orleans.

Act like you've been there before - BECAUSE YOU HAVE!

As for the crowd outside the stadium and the return down Poydras - I'm 66 years old.

I have never seen a larger percentage of hooligans after a game in my life.

I will never go back to a New Orleans game when LSU is the home team.

The city in general took a hit in my eyes with the behavior of so many of the fans. Trash talk from hotel desk clerks, Delta Air staff and bar and restaurant workers is just uncalled for. I don't need to spend my money for insults.

Oddly, my mother was a Tulane alumna and my great aunt and uncle lived at 306 Audubon Blvd. for over 50 years.

You lost my respect.

What happened to your Southern Charm?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I have wonderful LSU Friends!

Jan 16, 2020, 4:57 PM

Same here my great grandmother taught at Tulane too...very unfriendly city these days if you're not LSU..rude people in the service industry galore

Jan 16, 2020, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Congrats on your win and a great season... ]

Yeah the students plus your QB

Jan 16, 2020, 3:48 PM

what you mean ?

I think he's talking about this

Jan 16, 2020, 3:54 PM

https://twitter.com/Ohneaux1/status/1216943857495089152

Re: I think he's talking about this

Jan 16, 2020, 4:07 PM

oh lol..... well first that song that the band is playing is NOT "neck". LSU does not allow band to play that song and LSU gets fined every time they play the song..... that was a group of students that started chanting but then grew among the crowd.... not a good look though......im not even sure what song that is.

BURROW- 23yr old guy bout to cap off greatest season for a QB ever, he has confidence and swag about him and once he realized that the camera was on him he stopped

Jan 16, 2020, 4:10 PM

YES!!! Glad you changed my mind about what a disgusting arrogant attitude he has, when his real character is on camera "he stopped."

Jan 16, 2020, 5:40 PM

Exactly right!

differnt song, same "lyrics"***

Jan 16, 2020, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I think he's talking about this ]

Jan 16, 2020, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: I think he's talking about this ]

When we talk about “neck” we don’t mean the song...we’re talking about the chant. HTH

It seems your students/everyone else like to just add profanity to everything.

Is it true that the band can’t play all of Tiger Rag anymore because of something similar?

Jan 16, 2020, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I think he's talking about this ]

doc68w said:

oh lol..... well first that song that the band is playing is NOT "neck". LSU does not allow band to play that song and LSU gets fined every time they play the song..... that was a group of students that started chanting but then grew among the crowd.... not a good look though......im not even sure what song that is.

BURROW- 23yr old guy bout to cap off greatest season for a QB ever, he has confidence and swag about him and once he realized that the camera was on him he stopped

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doc68w, We don’t care what u think. Quit

Jan 16, 2020, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I think he's talking about this ]

talking. Just go back to secrant.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 4:07 PM [ in reply to I think he's talking about this ]

WOW!!! Glad you posted that. If a picture is worth 1,000 words, then we now know the reality.

Those folks are in their 20th year of college

Jan 16, 2020, 4:14 PM [ in reply to I think he's talking about this ]

Bunch of old folks in the 'student' section apparently.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You and some of your fans.....

Jan 16, 2020, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Congrats on your win and a great season... ]

....seem to have your heads buried in the sand that Neck is limited to the student section.

You obviously weren't around the French Quarter Sunday evening when your alumni band was playing it over and over and the whole crowd was chanting it. I saw very few who appeared to be students; many older LSU folks in that crowd.... along with their children and grandchildren.

This was not "the moment getting to everyone". This was the night before the game.

Re: You and some of your fans.....

Jan 16, 2020, 4:03 PM

We experienced the same thing on Bourbon the day of the game. These weren't students. Young and old alike singing loud and proud.

Re: You and some of your fans.....

Jan 16, 2020, 4:23 PM [ in reply to You and some of your fans..... ]

its bourbon street and the French Quarter... did you expect a church service....

Geez.....

Jan 16, 2020, 4:39 PM

YOU stated that Neck is limited to students in the student section at games "getting caught up in the moment".

The point was, there are plenty of trashy older people taking part in Neck.... not just students.

And setting quite the example for younger LSU fans I must say. Y'all must be so proud of the trashy reputation that your fanbase has established for itself.

No!

Jan 16, 2020, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: You and some of your fans..... ]

But I sure as He77 would expect a city that's number 1 industry is tourism to show more respect and be more civil to its guests.

I will never go back and be sure to tell my friends the same thing.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Bud, you're about as dumb as your fans are classless....

Jan 16, 2020, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Congrats on your win and a great season... ]

Take a good look at this video and tell me these folks are students. They're adults..... and several of them are grown women...... completely classless scum:

https://twitter.com/Ohneaux1/status/1216943857495089152

LSU fans have taught me “why go back five years when you can go back 17?”

Jan 16, 2020, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Congrats on your win and a great season... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 16, 2020, 3:06 PM

TL;DR

Just kidding. Seriously though, if there are any classy LSU fans left, y’all need to get a handle on the other 90%. Normal people don’t think it’s ok to be total ####### to other fans. I hope your fans all get treated the same way that many of us were in NOLA wherever you go, except for Clemson. We aren’t like you.

Yep...you can come and see the Real Death Valley!

Jan 16, 2020, 3:08 PM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what a lukewarm passive aggressive.......

Jan 16, 2020, 3:10 PM

opportunity to pat yourself on the back. Be glad you won it this year because based on the mass exodus, and the bizarre culture that enables a toxic weirdo like OBJ anywhere near the team, you likely won't be back in the big game for sometime. Yes, you were the better team Monday. We on the other hand are built for the long haul. But thanks for stopping by. GFY

Jan 16, 2020, 3:10 PM

You act as though we've never won a title. But thanks for showing up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 3:15 PM

This post is pretty funny. LSU fan comes on here and says don't let a few bad apples ruin the bunch..

Unless I'm mistaken, the SCHOOL band-- and a ton of fans-- in the Superdome was chanting "Suck this Tiger D*** B****!" Doesn't seem like a few bad apples, seems like a lots of less-than-classy people to me. Maybe this LSU fan would call it a "rotten bunch." Also seems like the school sanctioned it by playing the song.

Overall, the LSU fanbase is who I thought they were. They were profane and harassing before, during, and after the game. Exactly what their school cultivates. Nothing necessarily wrong with it, they should just own it. Don't consider yourself welcoming.

Jan 16, 2020, 3:21 PM

Save the effort. I'm not sure how often you visit this site. My experience with Clemson fans is pretty good, but this is how it works for the folks here. If the team Clemson is playing is any good, that team is paying players or cheating in some other way. The "evidence" is always crystal clear (just never explained). Any team they play against has a fan base consisting of lowlifes, scumbags, etc. That includes Georgia, South Carolina, FSU, Ohio State, LSU (now), and any team from NC. All officiating crews are against Clemson. As is ESPN, Fox Sports and the Disney Channel. There is a global conspiracy against Clemson. They just know it. They will stop calling you names only long enough to pat themselves on the back for having the moral superiority to not be the kind of person to call someone names.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL... great comments from a GA fan

Jan 16, 2020, 3:29 PM

hope you enjoyed getting donkey punched by USuC and LSU in your home state...

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Re: LOL... great comments from a GA fan

Jan 16, 2020, 3:37 PM

But uga fans did not get to run the gauntlet outside the stadium that night. I guess that cakewalk after the Baylor game was a leisurely stroll lol

Still bitter that Fields was in playoff and uga was at home

Jan 16, 2020, 4:20 PM [ in reply to LOL... great comments from a GA fan ]

scratching.......

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts from a LSU FAN ]

You just described every free sports message board on the interwebs.

Good job.

Jan 16, 2020, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts from a LSU FAN ]

AFDawg, that is not true. I know many Clemson fans who speak glowingly of Texas A&M, Auburn, and Bama fans. In general, most fans had good interactions with those fan bases. I'm sure there are trips that I'm forgetting.

Just because LSU fans were not, doesn't necessarily mean anything. They should just own it, and not to pretend something they are not.

that's actually pretty funny...

Jan 16, 2020, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts from a LSU FAN ]

seems strange that you are here

Here's an idea...

Jan 16, 2020, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts from a LSU FAN ]

LEAVE.

J*CKASS

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet you're here.***

Jan 16, 2020, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts from a LSU FAN ]

There's something in these hills.

"The PAC12 refs are against LSU" was the mantra of lots of

Jan 16, 2020, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts from a LSU FAN ]

the lsu folks around me Monday. Said it was a continuation of the fix being in for Clemson that started with the OSU game. It was pretty pathetic to be honest. Must be an SEC thing..........

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts from a LSU FAN ]

Dawg, you're so wrong! I like Wake Forest.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Bless your heart !!!!

Jan 16, 2020, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts from a LSU FAN ]

UGa football, still achieving less with more since 1981.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 16, 2020, 3:41 PM

One of the drawbacks to playing the National Championship in your own backyard is that you might get a lot of people from the trailer park. The truer fans will show up for less significant games and travel in support. Those will be the people that you are more familiar with, but may not be the case for opposing fanbases. Congratulations and thanks for representing your team in a positive way.

Jan 16, 2020, 5:14 PM

New Orleans is no Baton Rouge very true

Jan 16, 2020, 4:25 PM

This strikes me as a gentleman. I appreciate the kind words.

What are we to make of tens of thousands (30,000, 40,000, 50,000?) of LSU fans screaming that profane garbage? I don’t and won’t accept that it was a minority of the fan base.

your class is appreciated, BUT......

Jan 16, 2020, 4:29 PM

it was NOT "a few" and it was NOT limited to students.

I was surprised and a little more forgiving when I heard it on Bourbon Street, b/c let's be honest "it's Bourbon Street", but I was SHOCKED when the ENTIRE LSU fanbase (orchestrated by the band) joined the neck chant in the stadium.

Re: your class is appreciated, BUT......

Jan 16, 2020, 4:57 PM

the Clemson fans i met were great for the most part. Very nice.... now i had several run ins with other side of that coin. Talking smack, clemson fans yelling and saying pretty nasty things in their own right, Hell i had one guy yell at my 7 year old daughter, saying "look the next generation of swamp people", now if i could have caught up to him fists may have been thrown but i don't look at everyone wearing orange as classless and trash...

Jan 16, 2020, 5:20 PM

Greatest of all time? Pleaseeeeeee wow

Jan 16, 2020, 5:21 PM

?

Jan 16, 2020, 5:25 PM

I was in NOLA for the game and didn’t have any problems BUT I didn’t venture into the French Quarter (I did go to the Conv Center). Here is the thing though, I didn’t go to the other fan stuff because I didn’t feel the need to put up with a bunch of idiots who should know better. It isn’t a good look for the city or LSU. Some of it is likely “a few bad apples” but it seems in the case of LSU the bad ones have already “spoiled the bunch”. Unfortunately hubris seems to be pervasive including by much of the team itself.

There are a few nice folks, including to 2 LSU fans sitting next to me in the Clemson section (who were pretty disgusted when the band, sanctioned by the university, felt the need to play neck) but the proportion of the bad ones is too high for it to not be considered a systematic problem and one that has been identified/known for years. The fact that the university has seemingly done nothing to quell the problem (they do after all control the band and who they let on the field) tells me everything I need to know about LSU.

For the record, while losing sucks, I wouldn’t trade my Tigers for anything. I can hold my head high an be proud of my team and how they acted. I’m not sure I could say the same if I were an LSU fan today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We had minimal problems too but

Jan 16, 2020, 5:58 PM

were prepared for it and we too stayed in the CBD and only went to the edge of the quarter for one meal. We also left the game early and encountered few LSU fans and the ones we did were nice.

My problem with the OP is either he is too stupid to realize the truth or wants to candy coat it. EVERYONE in college football knows that LSU has the trashiest fans by far. On a 10 point scale LSU is a 10, UGA and SCAR are a 7 and there is no one in between. Just own it. It is who you are.

Re: We had minimal problems too but

Jan 16, 2020, 8:55 PM

Clemson isn't as lily white as you like to pretend. I've been harassed at Clemson football games and refuse to go back. Every fan base likes to troll the opposing team. If Clemson had won Monday night I doubt all these posts trashing LSU and their fans would be on here. Clemson had a great year, and they will be back next year. LSU was just better this year.

Jan 16, 2020, 7:55 PM

doc68w, congratulations on being the second team in modern college football to go 15-0.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 7:58 PM

Thanks for the thoughts. I couldn't afford the title game, but i went to the peach bowl in 2012 and were very impressed with the LSU fans.

I also have a degree from Georgia Tech and was at the bowl game vs LSU when you had josh booty. I remember your fans being gracious and funny.

There was one tech fan who yelled the entire game “eat more booty”!!!! When he left all the lsu fans yelled something in unison. Im not sure what it was but it was pretty funny. I hope it wasn't STTDB. Lol!

Dont take the Tnet ramblings too hard. Most Clemson fans respect LSU and enjoyed NO.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 8:19 PM

well you found an idiot immediately. Nolan DIDNT catch the ball and your Tigers whipped our Tigers. Your team was awesome. Just ban that jerk OBJ

Ty doc and I wish you and your family and friends the best

Jan 16, 2020, 8:27 PM

that is whether we meet before 2025 or at that time. Your letter and kind words were well received by this CU Tiger for sure.
You are correct when you say Burrow and the rest of the team were just an incredible team this season. Congrats.

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic