Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Tropical Storm Might hit Myrtle Beach....let's cancel a game in Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 75
| visibility 1

A Tropical Storm Might hit Myrtle Beach....let's cancel a game in Clemson

Sep 12, 2018, 11:08 PM

Are you kidding me. Play the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Tropical Storm Might hit Myrtle Beach....let's cancel a game in Clemson

Sep 12, 2018, 11:17 PM

So should state troopers be guarding the game/traffic or saving lives?

Sep 12, 2018, 11:19 PM

LOL. Like they help traffic out of Clemson after a game. Really?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 12, 2018, 11:20 PM

You would rather unleash thousands of drunk drivers with zero supervision?

Sep 12, 2018, 11:22 PM

Interesting idea. That might work better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

works for NASCAR***

Sep 13, 2018, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: A Tropical Storm Might hit Myrtle Beach....let's cancel a game in Clemson ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 13, 2018, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: A Tropical Storm Might hit Myrtle Beach....let's cancel a game in Clemson ]

Seriously, someone has to stop all those Straw Men from killing every single living being within 100 miles.

Sep 12, 2018, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: A Tropical Storm Might hit Myrtle Beach....let's cancel a game in Clemson ]

This is a tropical storm. This isn't a catastrophic storm.

And who cares? The state troopers weren't needed for Notre Dame. They won't be needed Saturday.

Sep 12, 2018, 11:23 PM

I think it's obvious you're only trying to troll at this point.

Sep 12, 2018, 11:30 PM

I think it's obvious I think it would be a mistake to cancel the game. There's no justifiable reason to cancel other than media pressure and hype. In retrospect, we will look back and laugh at the schools that canceled.

Tell 'em coot

Sep 13, 2018, 8:13 AM

fno

Sep 13, 2018, 7:31 AM [ in reply to Re: A Tropical Storm Might hit Myrtle Beach....let's cancel a game in Clemson ]

Even if Florence has been downgraded, 80 mph winds and 2-12" of rain can cause significant destruction.

You may not have noticed but upstate Police Depts and Sheriff's Offices staff our games when SCHP has responsibilities in other parts of the state. There are fewer patrol vehicles visible because the other agencies meet at staging areas rather than everyone parking on campus. The University makes sure we still have adequate law enforcement presence.

GSU is not notre damne

Sep 13, 2018, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: A Tropical Storm Might hit Myrtle Beach....let's cancel a game in Clemson ]

florance is not joaquin

i.hope that helps

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: GSU is not notre damne

Sep 13, 2018, 8:45 AM

Good point. Florence is a weak Cat 2 or Cat 1. It will be nothing more than a Tropical Storm by the timr it reaches South Carolina (a part of the state 400 miles from Clemson).

This is a complete nothing burger.

jauquin never made landfall..it NEVER reached

Sep 13, 2018, 8:55 AM

south carolina.

it wasn't even projected to hit South Carolina

I agree! I love sports and especially watching my Tigers but

Sep 13, 2018, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: A Tropical Storm Might hit Myrtle Beach....let's cancel a game in Clemson ]

lives are at risk this weekend if this storm does stall on top of the better part of the state and flooding along with damaging winds causes the problems it is capable of causing saving lives come first always. At least that is my opinion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

save lives where? “Mandatory “ evacuation on the coast.

Sep 13, 2018, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: A Tropical Storm Might hit Myrtle Beach....let's cancel a game in Clemson ]

Everyone that stays after being ordered out is on their own.

State troopers write tickets and direct traffic...not save lives. If the state needs them, fine. We can have a game without them. Funny how at aTm I didn’t see one single law enforcement person directing traffic to get 100k + people in and out. Maybe we don’t really need them.

Re: save lives where? “Mandatory “ evacuation on the coast.

Sep 13, 2018, 10:36 AM

i think a lot of that staging is mostly just so if there is an accident, law enforcement isn't having to squeeze its way past 30,000 cars to respond.

Sep 12, 2018, 11:21 PM

The game hasn't been cancelled, and I've barely seen anyone suggest that it should be. It was moved up to earlier in the day to make things safer for people to get home.

Sep 13, 2018, 12:18 AM

Its not suppose to rain in the upstate until Saturday night.

Sep 13, 2018, 8:25 AM

to earlier in the day to make things safer for people to get home.

##### cancelled***

Sep 12, 2018, 11:39 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ##### cancelled***

Sep 13, 2018, 12:25 AM

Coots knew they were going to lose.

Sep 13, 2018, 6:03 AM

It's not really the weather conditions in Clemson at game time, it's tying the law enforcement officers that WILL be needed elsewhere. Every other school in the Carolinas has already pkayed, canceled or postponed their game.

Does Clemson lead from the front or not?

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Sep 13, 2018, 7:19 AM

Clemson leads by doing things “the Clemson way”, we’re not trying to be like anybody else......

....which is much different than the way Coots do things, who try to be like EVERYBODY ELSE.

Take a hike Peckerhead.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2018, 7:34 AM

Call me what you like, but I was in Charleston for Hugo. I worked for the NC Division of Coastal Management for Fran and Floyd. I've seen firsthand what these sorts can do. Given the projected track, storm is nothing to mess with.

The coast is going to need every LEO they can get their hands on. If you're comfortable playing a football game when people on the coast are at risk or worse, fine. But the officers assigned to the Clemson game could be better used else where and that's not up for debate.

Personally, I thought Clemson is/was better than that.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Sep 13, 2018, 8:18 AM

People are dying all over the world, including right around the corner from you.....and you’re posting junk on another schools website.

You’re the epitome of a Peckerhead.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2018, 8:54 AM

I see someone just discovered the word Peckerhead as this is the 3rd post of yours I’ve seen this morning using it.

Get that “there are people dying all over the world” crap out of here. When the people in danger are in your state, it’s definitely more impactful and anyone that says otherwise is lying either to us or to themselves.

Have no problem moving it to noon to get everyone out sooner, also would’ve been fine if they cancelled it because all the first responders that would be working the game probably have more important responsibilities incoming.

The optics of us playing when pretty much everyone else in the Carolinas either cancelled or moved theirs up several days is something that could easily be spun back against us even if the worst of the weather wouldn’t hit until after the game is over.

Sep 13, 2018, 9:01 AM

The optics of us playing when pretty much everyone else in the Carolinas either cancelled or moved theirs up several days is something that could easily be spun back against us even if the worst of the weather wouldn’t hit until after the game is over.

Thank you.

We're not everyone else

Sep 13, 2018, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: A Tropical Storm Might hit Myrtle Beach....let's cancel a game in Clemson ]

Frankly I couldn't care less what everyone else does. Clemson is not a coastal team, or even a mid state team. Every first responder would not be headed to the coast anyways regardless of this game. What are they going to do? Leave the entire upstate without anyone? It was moved to noon for a reason, If there is still a problem they will do something about it. There is a reason none of us on this board was asked what Clemson should do lol

Sep 13, 2018, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: A Tropical Storm Might hit Myrtle Beach....let's cancel a game in Clemson ]

UCF @ UNC - Canceled
WVU @ NC State - Canceled
ECU @ VT - Canceled
Marshal @ USC - Canceled
The Citadel vs Charleston Southern - postponed until November 24th.
Appalachian State vs Southern Miss - canceled
Old Dominion @ UNCC moved to today
Norfolk State @ Liberty Canceled
Boston College @ Wake Time moved to 5:30 today.

GA southern at Clemson 12:00 noon Saturday.

One of these things is not like the others.

He knows a thing or two...

Sep 13, 2018, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: A Tropical Storm Might hit Myrtle Beach....let's cancel a game in Clemson ]

Cause hes seen a thing or two...

Do you remember what we did in Clemson the day after Hugo

Sep 13, 2018, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: A Tropical Storm Might hit Myrtle Beach....let's cancel a game in Clemson ]

made landfall on IOP? We played a football game.

People on the coast were ordered to evacuate...that is what mandatory means, right? We can get by with local law to direct traffic. Actually, I think my parking lot attendant could do as good a job...

Sep 13, 2018, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: A Tropical Storm Might hit Myrtle Beach....let's cancel a game in Clemson ]

If law enforcement felt the people would be better served if they were elsewhere... they would be elsewhere. It is evident that your venom is misplaced. Emergency and standard services decide where to be... not Clemson. If you have an ax to grind, take it up with the departments who set their priorities. Clemson does not.

Do you actually believe that law enforcement and

Sep 13, 2018, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: A Tropical Storm Might hit Myrtle Beach....let's cancel a game in Clemson ]

governmental emergency personnel were not involved in the decision to keep the game on Saturday?

I cannot imagine that they weren't. Clemson is not that stupid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sep 13, 2018, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: A Tropical Storm Might hit Myrtle Beach....let's cancel a game in Clemson ]

....every other school is significantly closer to the storm. And many of those schools made mistakes and/or acted prematurely(NC State, UNC and ECU all screwed up).

Sep 13, 2018, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: A Tropical Storm Might hit Myrtle Beach....let's cancel a game in Clemson ]

Don't know but we certainly don't advance to the rear.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did I miss a game being cancelled? All I saw is moved up.

Sep 13, 2018, 7:30 AM

Dabo said we’d play the game tonight if we had to. Link or are you just trolling again.

Trolling, trolling, trolling
Those coots keep me L-O-L-ing
Rawhide!

Pls. tell me this post isn't real

Sep 13, 2018, 8:09 AM

All the people potentially effected by this and you post this ?

No one knew or knows how this is going to turn out.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone who lives east of Columbia is going to be driving

Sep 13, 2018, 8:27 AM

home through a tropical storm. Is that good for Clemson you think?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone who lives east of Columbia is going to be driving

Sep 13, 2018, 8:47 AM

The game is played in Clemson. Every game has fans somewhere dealing with #### to find a way to attend. If you don't feel safe, don't come.

The school doesn't have a responsibility to put kid gloves on portions of the fanbase.

Message was edited by: bmoretiger

This isn't like high school football. People from all over

Sep 13, 2018, 8:54 AM

the state and even the country donate large amounts of money to be able to get good football tickets and parking spots. The school itself gets a lot of money for being a state school (not enough really, but a lot). If you're going to take state money and require tons of donations for football access then yes, the school should cater to people throughout the state.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This isn't like high school football. People from all over

Sep 13, 2018, 8:57 AM

Clemson canceling a football game will do NOTHING to help people in Myrtle Beach or Charleston. There's no trade-off here.

Message was edited by: bmoretiger

Re: Anyone who lives east of Columbia is going to be driving

Sep 13, 2018, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Anyone who lives east of Columbia is going to be driving ]

home through a tropical storm. Is that good for Clemson you think?

Not if they make the decision that it would be more risk than they are willing to take, so they (a) find a place to stay in the upstate, or (b) decide to forgo coming to the game.

When did we decide that adults were incapable of making those kinds of decisions for themselves and needed the government or some other institution to make the decision for them?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, that's my point. The responsible thing is to stay home.

Sep 13, 2018, 8:58 AM

So is it good for Clemson to tell a large amount of alumni and fans: too bad, so sad

Re: Yes, that's my point. The responsible thing is to stay home.

Sep 13, 2018, 9:01 AM

Your complaint is absurd because canceling the game is even worse. Nobody gets to go to the game if it's canceled. Is it better to just cancel the game so nobody can go because 25% of people won't be able to make it?

Canceling isn't the only option. Lots they could have done

Sep 13, 2018, 9:09 AM

like move it to Friday, or reschedule, etc.

Re: Canceling isn't the only option. Lots they could have done

Sep 13, 2018, 11:39 AM

WOW, GOOD TO SEE OLD UTTLES OUT OF RETIREMENT. NOT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, that's my point. The responsible thing is to stay home.

Sep 13, 2018, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Yes, that's my point. The responsible thing is to stay home. ]

So is it good for Clemson to tell a large amount of alumni and fans: too bad, so sad

Yes. Something tells me you probably lean heavily toward the Democrat party. If all can’t partake, none should partake?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol***

Sep 13, 2018, 11:35 AM

Most of the people east of Cola are under a mandatory

Sep 13, 2018, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Anyone who lives east of Columbia is going to be driving ]

evacuation, so no they won’t be driving back in a tropical storm. I know those people wouldn’t risk the lives of LEO’s at risk by not evacuating would they?

That's not true at all. Those orders only apply if you are

Sep 13, 2018, 11:14 AM

in a designated evacuation zone, which are mostly right along the coast. There are a lot of areas east of 95 that are not in evacuation zones.

Go back to trolling the Maryland board Chil***

Sep 13, 2018, 8:30 AM

You have the cognitive skills of a 15 year old.

Sep 13, 2018, 8:46 AM

Or you're still drunk from last night.

First, the game has not been cancelled.

Second, as stated many times in this thread, law enforcement officers will be needed at the coast to help preserve life and property.

HTH!

Re: You have the cognitive skills of a 15 year old.

Sep 13, 2018, 8:49 AM

Let me know when Pickens County's finest gets called to the coast to clean up downed tree limbs.

Highly doubtful that Pickens County will be deployed to the

Sep 13, 2018, 9:00 AM

coast to pick up limbs.

However, they could deploy officers to the midlands to assist. You know, to help cover shifts there while the officers in the midlands have moved down to the coast to assist officers there.

Mutual aid stuff, first responders get crazy like that when there is an emergency.

I'll be here all day to help educate...

But back to my first point: the game has not been cancelled. Kick off is scheduled for 12:00 on Saturday. The argument you state in your original post is moot.

HTH

Re: Highly doubtful that Pickens County will be deployed to the

Sep 13, 2018, 9:02 AM

Stop watching Hurricane Katrina videos. This is going to be a tropical storm when it reaches South Carolina. Aka a prolonged summer storm but nothing too dangerous.

The game is scheduled for 12:00 on Saturday.

Sep 13, 2018, 9:04 AM

Not cancelled.

I say again, the game is not cancelled.

Sep 13, 2018, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Highly doubtful that Pickens County will be deployed to the ]

bmoretiger said:

Stop watching Hurricane Katrina videos. This is going to be a tropical storm when it reaches South Carolina. Aka a prolonged summer storm but nothing too dangerous.

Harvey was a tropical storm when it devastated Houston last year.

Pretty sure bmore is just trolling at this point.

Sep 13, 2018, 9:06 AM

No one can be this stupid.

What a hill to choose to die on

Sep 13, 2018, 9:18 AM

This isn’t going to be just a strong summer storm. Pretty much everywhere from the coast to Columbia to Charlotte is going to get enough rain to cause massive flooding.

Some things are more important than a cupcake game.

Sep 13, 2018, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Highly doubtful that Pickens County will be deployed to the ]

Houston is a flood prone city near the coast. Clemson is not.

Sep 13, 2018, 9:14 AM

bmoretiger said:

Houston is a flood prone city near the coast. Clemson is not.

Right. Clemson is at the foot of the Blue Ridge mountains. Try googling orographic lift.

Sep 13, 2018, 9:16 AM

So you're worried about Clemson flooding? On Saturday when it's going to be sunny?

So we’re supposed to cancel everything to help

Sep 13, 2018, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Highly doubtful that Pickens County will be deployed to the ]

people who knowingly ignored a mandatory evacuation order and stayed on the coast? It’s the selfish people who stay that put first responders at risk.

We played a game while Hugo redecorated the coast...this one won’t even be a strong wind compared to Hugo.

This is a silly post. Not sure if serious or not.

Sep 13, 2018, 10:05 AM

Many would argue that an evacuation order 5 days before a hurricane makes landfall is premature at best and irresponsible at worst. Where a hurricane is going to make landfall is impossible to predict that far in advance as evidenced by the multiple revisions of the storm tracks from Florence over the past few days. Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Wilmington, the Outer Banks, Southeastern Virginia were all places the experts forecasted Florence to make landfall this week.

Unless you've been displaced from your home for no apparent reason, we shouldn't even be having this discussion.

Re: This is a silly post. Not sure if serious or not.

Sep 13, 2018, 10:15 AM

Many would argue that an evacuation order 5 days before a hurricane makes landfall is premature at best and irresponsible at worst. Where a hurricane is going to make landfall is impossible to predict that far in advance as evidenced by the multiple revisions of the storm tracks from Florence over the past few days.

I won't disagree with you, because you make some valid points, but on the flip side, there's this consideration.

When you are moving millions of people inland, you can't always wait until you know where the storm is going to track before giving the order to move. Given the bottlenecks to travel in many parts of our coastal areas, the orders have to be given that far in advance in order to get everyone out in time.

Everyone I know on the coast is “riding it out”. Even

Sep 13, 2018, 10:56 AM [ in reply to This is a silly post. Not sure if serious or not. ]

now when it’s close to landfall. Mandatory evacuation order is still in place but only about 1/3 of the people have left. They didn’t want to be inconvenienced by some evacuation order. I won’t feel one ounce of sympathy for them if the storm does real damage and they get stranded without any help.

If they would follow orders there would be no need fo LEO down there until after the storm blows through and all this hand-wringing about not canceling the game would be unnecessary.

The wind isnt the most dangerous part of this storm

Sep 13, 2018, 10:24 AM [ in reply to So we’re supposed to cancel everything to help ]

It's the 72 hours of rainfall. There's going to be major flooding in some areas.

Sep 13, 2018, 9:22 AM

If you can't get home safely after a noon game, here's a thought: Don't go to the GD game.

^^ This guy gets it!***

Sep 13, 2018, 10:12 AM

Sep 13, 2018, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: A Tropical Storm Might hit Myrtle Beach....let's cancel a game in Clemson ]

What about the Ga Southern players and Fans? Statesboro, GA is only about 45 mins from the coast. It's very likely their travel back home could be impacted by the storm.

Sep 13, 2018, 11:33 AM

Good thing it’s on TV, Gives them the opportunity to make there own decisions.

Sep 13, 2018, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: A Tropical Storm Might hit Myrtle Beach....let's cancel a game in Clemson ]

They will get less rain than Clemson.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/152247.shtml?rainqpf#contents

Sep 13, 2018, 10:40 AM

Why do people keep saying first responders will be needed on the coast? They aren’t doing anything until the storm is over. That’s why it’s called a mandatory evacuation. Clemson is only going to get rain Saturday night

Sep 13, 2018, 10:43 AM

Because those people are dumb and just parrot what media tells them.

Replies: 75
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic