Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Report: Clemson coordinator informs NFL teams he is staying with Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: Report: Clemson coordinator informs NFL teams he is staying with Tigers

Jan 14, 2021, 2:27 PM

Report: Clemson coordinator informs NFL teams he is staying with Tigers

ESPN's Josina Anderson reported Thursday that two NFL teams "reached out" to Clemson offensive coordinator Tony Elliott recently and the Tigers coach "informed Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Report: Clemson coordinator informs NFL teams he is staying with Tigers

Jan 14, 2021, 2:34 PM

I wonder if Maria Taylor read this.

Hmmm!

Reading between the lines, it sounds like Tony Elliott is

Jan 14, 2021, 2:34 PM

going to leave Clemson for the NFL this offseason. It's just a matter of where he's going to go. It is about to be Streeter's offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

If TE makes the jump to the NFL...

Jan 14, 2021, 2:41 PM

Dabo is going to hire Tom Herman as Clemson's OC.

Should be fun to watch for a year or two until he bolts for some other job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

coot job will definitely be open in two years...

Jan 14, 2021, 6:47 PM

YOU HEARD IT HEAR FIRST!!!

~JKB

Re: Reading between the lines, it sounds like Tony Elliott is

Jan 14, 2021, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Reading between the lines, it sounds like Tony Elliott is ]

There you go GWP, getting something started for all these, the sky is falling fans, with their every post will be about Tony leaving, and how we'll be on the doomsday list waiting for the moon to come crashing down to earth, or our FB program falling back to 6-6 seasons by the end of next season. Are you happy now!!!! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on now, reading ON the lines has never even been

Jan 14, 2021, 6:28 PM

GWP's strong suit, how can you expect him to successfully read BETWEEN the lines?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Many fans think he’s only successful because of NFL caliber qbs.

Jan 14, 2021, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Reading between the lines, it sounds like Tony Elliott is ]

I hope if he goes to the NFL, he gets an NFL QB. Well, you know what I mean—not like Mitch Trubisky or Crablegz.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crablegs led the league in passing a year ago***

Jan 14, 2021, 8:06 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, he is taking a play out of Charley Pell's playbook.***

Jan 14, 2021, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Reading between the lines, it sounds like Tony Elliott is ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Yes, he is taking a play out of Charley Pell's playbook.***

Jan 14, 2021, 8:16 PM

One difference: Tony is one of us; Pell was not.

Re: Yes, he is taking a play out of Charley Pell's playbook.***

Jan 15, 2021, 11:18 AM

Tony's been a coach here a lot longer than Pell.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: TNET: Report: Clemson coordinator informs NFL teams he is staying with Tigers

Jan 14, 2021, 2:35 PM

Yeah, XM talking about Urban hiring him. TE would not want to work for Urban by all reports. TE going to be an OC in the NFL doesn't make a lot of sense in my opinion.

Jan 14, 2021, 2:51 PM

GREAT!!
ALL IN

HEck yea!! Battle proven and successful OC we need

Jan 14, 2021, 3:04 PM

TNET has just been WRONG about TE and needs to get over it!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I like him but he didn’t call the Ohio State game very well.***

Jan 14, 2021, 3:08 PM

Re: I like him but he didn’t call the Ohio State game very well.***

Jan 14, 2021, 3:16 PM

Plays are like shots in basketball . Any shot that goes in is a great shot .

Re: I like him but he didn’t call the Ohio State game very well.***

Jan 14, 2021, 3:46 PM [ in reply to I like him but he didn’t call the Ohio State game very well.*** ]

I think that our offensive performance against OcryO was mainly bc Dabo and Streeter both hand their hands in the cook pot at the same time, and that cause what I would say, A circle Jerk, in other words, the big toe calling the little toe ugly, and that is about the same as a pissing war to see who could #### up a Rope the farthest!!! IMPO, that is exactly why our offense looked the way that it did against OcryO. I also don't blame Dabo for wanting to call plays bc most of, especially the older Head coaches do call the plays during the game.

I've said here on T-Net before that, being that Dabo, and Spurrier are good friends, Dabo should ask Spurrier to teach him the in's and out's of calling plays against certain defenses bc, Steve Spurrier was a good play caller in terms of how he chose the sequence of play calling determined by the type of defense, and defensive talent that he was facing, once Steve got a defense on their heels, he would dog them out until they stopped him, and then he would run another sequence of how he wanted to mix up the plays!!!

Pretty sure Dabo has more Natty titles than the OBC...

Jan 14, 2021, 9:05 PM

And...I bet TE wishes he could have been in New Orleans...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2021, 4:22 PM

Why should carp like this get leaked? It is annoying. If there is mutual interest its one thing. If not it isnt anyones business.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2021, 6:24 PM

Thank you Mr Tony Elliott. Music to my ears. Dkdc what anyone else does or did but as soon as I heard the news of CTE had covid, I sent CU admin prayers and well wishes along with a sentiment that I hope CTE is with us a long time.

Look I know most of you are joking around but there's been a lot of crap/shyatt since cfp. His record speaks for itself. None of us know what play was called when. Perhaps the call was correct and as Trevor said, wasn't executed. The kid had most of the night about 2 seconds to execute said play. Point being, we really don't know. And I add, that is the case for every game.

DRad should give ALL the coaches a lifetime contract. I'm proud of TE. Glad he's staying.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2021, 7:54 PM

I am glad he is staying at CU if that is what he wants to do. He has won a lot of games since becoming the OC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic