Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Most fans

Oct 14, 2017, 11:07 AM

who are questioning the staff's decision to play Bryant would most likely question the staff's decision not to play Bryant (not to mention Bryant's toughness) should he not have played and we still lost.

Agree or disagree?

Many of the same fans were probably the ones questioning the staff's decision to give Bryant the starting job to begin with, solely based on the hype surrounding Hunter Johnson. These same fans are now claiming the staff did not have the best interests of Kelly Bryant in mind.

Put a little trust in the staff. I believe they tried to make the best decision for Kelly Bryant and the team. The track record speaks for itself.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with starting him

Oct 14, 2017, 11:09 AM

But once it was clear he couldn’t move, run, or defend himself and our Oline couldn’t hold them off; he should have been taken out. I was nauseous after he ran for that first down to the sideline, you could see how bad he was then

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ THIS

Oct 14, 2017, 11:11 AM

What pisses me off even more is the decision to play cooper.

Its like Watson all over again. The entire fan base can see Hunter is the better QB, but yet not the coaching staff.

We don't get to see practices, only games, and IMO games matter 99% and practice 1%.

Oh well, beat the Wreck!

Re: ^^^ THIS

Oct 14, 2017, 11:21 AM

moore: A quick story to back up your excellent post. In the 50's Jim Brown played at the Cuse. Back then no freshman played varsity until they became sophomores. In his sophomore season Jim Brown did NOT start at running back,. Only after the first team guy got hurt did he start and then rest is history. Why didn't he start: because the running backs coach and OC thought he needed to practice better.!
Fact is that some athletes play in games better than they practice. According to Dabo and our coaching staff, you must practice best in order to play.

Yes and No....

Oct 14, 2017, 11:15 AM

If KB didn't start and CDS simply stated he was not 100% and this effected our planned pass-run strategy when he is QB then you would not get one single person state that he should have played anyway.

If, however, KB started and it became evident...which it did to everyone watching the game except for our coaches that he was hobbling and the run portion of our strategy no longer existed then he should have been pulled.

The Cooper/Hunter discussion is another debate.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes and No....

Oct 14, 2017, 11:20 AM

I will say this... Early in the game KB was sharp. I think the coaches thought he could win the game, and wanted to see him win the game, with his arm and our backs running the ball.

Re: Yes and No....

Oct 14, 2017, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Yes and No.... ]

another great post and point. Our coaches were clueless last night!

Re: Most fans

Oct 14, 2017, 11:16 AM

KB was not physically 100% and to play him was a disservice. Period. Have you ever stopped for a minute and analyzed just what our coaching staff has done. What offense did we run last nite? Sure ### heck was the read option. If we're going to be a drop back passing team does it not makes sense to have a throwing first QB. Be honest, you surely know that KB and ZC are not throw first QB's.
How can one put "trust" in this coaching staff when it is apparent that their basis for whom plays is seniority!!

HJ was a 5 star QB and yet over half way through the season has seen one series of action when it counter. That my friend
is extremely poor coaching and they need to be held responsible for it in hopes that they develop, mature and learn some of the finer points. As we speak, that is not happening IMO and the result could conceivable cost of some recruits. As I said in another post I can see HJ transferring and TL opening up his recruiting process.

Re: Most fans

Oct 14, 2017, 12:29 PM

I don’t think it will affect TL at all. It could however, affect HJ decision to transfer or not. Assuming KB plays next year also that would mean TL would either redshirt or sit the bench. That also leaves chase Brice on the bench, cooper on the bench and HJ. That’s a lot of good qb sitting on the bench

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

You're wrong about almost everything

Oct 14, 2017, 11:20 AM

Kelly Bryant's ability to create in the running game is why he is the starter. If he can't get yardage and first downs with his feet, he becomes unproductive. He's just not an accurate enough passer to stand in the pocket and beat anybody. So no... on a short week, a gimpy KB DEFINITELY should have been sitting on the bench from the first play. I said that right after the end of the WF game.

As far as who should have been playing QB, the staff obviously went into this game favoring Cooper as the backup despite the fact that Johnson looked better against Wake. They clearly don't trust him to throw the ball downfield, and he isn't a dangerous runner. As I stated in a post last night, the decision to go with Cooper cost us the game. Our defense wasn't playing very well last night and we were going to have to win a shootout; Cooper is incapable of throwing touchdowns. From what I've seen he's incapable of running our normal offense. Why he was ever put into the game, much less continued to come in for stalled drive after stalled drive, is a mystery. Disastrous call by the coaches in my opinion.

Johnson was a 5-star QB who came in last week and was IMMEDIATELY effective. That's not just "hype". I trust our coaches, but last night they blew it... and blew it badly.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ BINGO

Oct 14, 2017, 11:25 AM

Anyone doubt the coaching staff keeps their heads in the sand again in this same type situation? Not me.

What a great year last year was...but somebody has now watered down my gravy.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: ^^^ BINGO

Oct 14, 2017, 11:40 AM

Good point.

Agree with you HC. Surprised they did this time.***

Oct 14, 2017, 1:00 PM [ in reply to ^^^ BINGO ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree. Agree. Agree and true. Disagree. Agree.***

Oct 14, 2017, 12:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic