Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New CDC guidance: Are conferences going to amend protocol
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

New CDC guidance: Are conferences going to amend protocol

Dec 3, 2020, 5:11 PM

Given new CDC data are the conferences going to revise protocols going into the final stretch esp for conferences championship games, the playoffs & bowls?

And let’s be honest ....

1. A positive Covid test does not mean you have Covid.

2. There should be no cardiac protocol if a kid has minor symptoms and if he only tested positive for a few days.

The whole cardiac thing was a red herring from the start and the liberal media‘s way of trying to frighten people into killing football!

The data now shows that was a false narrative from the beginning and the only people that may have cardiac problems are people that get very sick. There could be an exception here and there but again, we can’t live life based on exceptions!

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/02/941355347/cdc-shortens-its-covid-19-quarantine-recommendations

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New CDC guidance: Are conferences going to amend protocol

Dec 3, 2020, 5:15 PM

I still think we know so little and that is why this stuff keeps changing. What dos it matter what they say anyway people still travel all over for Thanksgiving and dont wear masks. Then they are shocked when numbers are up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You would be incorrect.

Dec 3, 2020, 6:28 PM

Scientists and doctors now know a lot about this virus. They even know basically the people that will within a pretty high probability have serious health issues and be the most likely to die. They can do bloodwork and other testing that they now know with certain probability is directing their treatment of patients as well.

The Lancet, one of the oldest and best known medical journals in the world, printed an article in October that said Covid is not a pandemic. A pandemic is a disease that kills people Widespread and globally. Covid is not doing that. Per the CDC, only about 6% of the people that die with Covid die from Covid. Healthy people have have nothing to fear. 99% of the population has nothing to fear. In the article they called this a syndemic. That means in the absence of other serious medications, Covid is not a global issue nor a widespread issue. It’s the synergy of Covid and underlying conditions that’s causing people to die.

I have also seen multiple scientific studies and doctors and researchers document that Covid has a significantly lower mortality rate than mers & sars. But no one panicked over those did they?

Covid was and has been politicized by people that needed to win an election and by people and governments that want to take control.

This has been mass hysteria and fear created by a false narrative. Again, for political reasons.

You people need to do some independent research.

Search for Dr. David Hansen. He is a very credible guy that takes a non political purely medical approach. He is an intensive care doctor dealing with a lot of Covid patients and has an excellent YouTube channel.

Also Google Stanford researcher Dr. John Ioannidis.

There are many excellent well respected doctors & researchers online and on YouTube that are not drinking the kool aid but are also completely apolitical.

they will probably maintain the same practices

Dec 3, 2020, 5:47 PM

when million dollar lawsuits can come rolling in if you arent taking enough precautions its best to be safe than sorry

Re: they will probably maintain the same practices

Dec 3, 2020, 6:41 PM

That was the position taken by people that said we cannot play football.

You are also wrong when you say that because if that was the case all the conferences or the NCAA would’ve gotten everyone together and everyone would’ve use the same protocols. But the NCAA did nothing and every conference has unique protocols. The ACC in particular follow the CDC protocols.

Blows my mind that we now know without a doubt that this disease this virus is not killing people that are healthy it’s not a pandemic it’s not ravaging people that don’t have serious pre-existing health conditions everything that was said nine months ago was wrong but you people are doubling down because you don’t wanna admit you were wrong!

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

Yes. Every liberal I know is trying to kill football.

Dec 3, 2020, 5:56 PM

Is that what you call reasoning? Or should we just chalk it up to you projecting your insecurities?

Wow!

Dec 3, 2020, 6:39 PM

You people are truly in denial! The liberal elites at ESPN, sports illustrated, USA today, all the well-known liberals were out there in force fear mongering like crazy in the spring and summer saying it would be impossible impossible to play college football! They were screaming from the rooftops people are gonna die! People are going to die! Do you not remember how they attacked an Dabo when he said this is America we won World War II we can defeat Covid we can do anything if we put our mind to it? do you not remember he was mocked and attacked constantly in the media?

Not only has no one died playing sports from Covid I’m not even aware of a single athlete that has been sent to the hospital. And if there are any in high school college and the pros you can count them on one hand and they probably had some other condition that was not known.

If you are 30 years old or younger you have a .00 to chance of dying from Covid. And that’s all people 30 and younger. That’s not healthy young athletes!

Typical liberals! Scream bloody murder then when proven wrong they deny they ever said or held that position!!!

It’s why Brett Weinstein said people need to be recording their liberal friends that keep taking radical sides on issues and saying that you are on the wrong side of history so then down the road in five or 10 years when they are proven wrong and they start denying they ever said that we can remind them of just how stupid irrational and wrong they were As they were screaming at us that we were on the wrong side of history, that we are murderers, that we are racist, bigots, etc. etc.! When they told us they would no longer be our friends! When they humbly come crawling back we need to remind them of just have wrong and insane they were!

Independent journalist Tim pool, lifelong democrat and progressive, had a great episode on his YouTube channel the other day where they showed all the people right now that are denying, all the Democrats, all the elite journalist, denying the ever said Trump was an illegitimate president. Of course he had the video of them saying that exact thing over & over!

Re: Yes. Every liberal I know is trying to kill football.

Dec 3, 2020, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Yes. Every liberal I know is trying to kill football. ]

I’m listening to the people that are reasonable. The apolitical people. The people fighting this on the front lines that know more about it than anyone else. You are still listening to politicians and people in the media that are letting agends determine what they say and do.

Sad that so many educated people can be so easily duped and misled especially by people that should not be trusted and they’ve proven themselves over and over again to be liars!

Re: Yes. Every liberal I know is trying to kill football.

Dec 3, 2020, 7:27 PM

I believe you are correct but it obviously goes against the narrative. Highly contagious, yes. Highly deadly, not hardly; unless pre existing conditions are there.

Liberals want to sit at home and collect a free check

Dec 3, 2020, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Yes. Every liberal I know is trying to kill football. ]

some are willing to work 35 hours a week as long as they get paid for 40

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of them don't want to work the 35.....***

Dec 3, 2020, 7:35 PM

Re: Some of them don't want to work the 35.....***

Dec 3, 2020, 8:02 PM

Most don't want to work 35 hours.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to whom?

Dec 3, 2020, 9:44 PM

You must be hiring uneducated, unmotivated people. Your inability to attract and retain talent seems frustrating for you, but you shouldn't blame young people.

I work with a lot of young folks. Not a one of them takes more time off or does less in terms of actual work than your 42 year old middle manager or your 52 year old director.

I think all this "YOUNG PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO WORK FOR WHAT THEY GET!!!" is literally a phenomenon dating back to the origin of modern Western philosophy.

Sorry old folks. You're not any better or harder-working than the generation(s) below you. Just like your parents and grandparents weren't any better than you are. That's such a weird concept to drill into peoples' heads. "Ha, you're younger and didn't grow up poor so you don't know anything!!!!!" is a decidedly "boomer" concept. And it's a weird flex, to be sure.

Says who? You?

Dec 3, 2020, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Liberals want to sit at home and collect a free check ]

Since I don't support Trump (despite voting conservative in every election since 2016), I would assume that you would label me a liberal.

I don't want to sit at home and collect a free check or not work my full schedule in a week. Who are you talking about?

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic