Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most of y'all are sensible and I'm not one for sweet lemons
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,587

Most of y'all are sensible and I'm not one for sweet lemons

Jan 14, 2020, 1:22 AM

The best team won tonight, just that simple.

We did not get outcoached. We did not get outplayed. They were just better.

Refs weren't great, but they weren't great either way. Had little effect in the long run.

There were some questionable play calling, but they weren't giving us much. LSU D was determined to shut Etienne down, which they were able to do because Lawrence was just off. I give LSU all the credit for that.

LSU on offense just has studs at every position. Our best cover corner was picked on all night and couldn't cover his guy. The receiver had one push off that got him separation that was not called, but other than that, Burrow put the ball on the money. What do you do when you can't cover AND the defense stays on the field because the offense can't maintain drives?

I strongly dislike LSU fans and I'm never happy about people who lack humility having success, but Burrow did exactly what he said he would do - They figured out what we were doing and made the adjustments.

Hats off the Coach Venables for putting together a defense this year that had obvious limitations. Good new is help is on the way next year.

I HATE TO LOSE, but no shame in losing to a team that is better than you.

Congratulations to Dabo and our coaches for coaching up our boys. I believe the recruiting will continue to get better and better. We have succeeded with lesser talent - imagine what we will do when we have as many blue chip players as the LSUs and Bamas (that's the sweet lemons part).

Our successes in the last few years are impressive, but THE BEST IS YET TO COME...and that's not a platitude. That's the truth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well-said. Considering our success over the past few

Jan 14, 2020, 1:46 AM

years, there are schools across this nation that would crawl on their bellies to enjoy our run!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree for the most part......95% of it.....

Jan 14, 2020, 1:54 AM

It’s possible though for them to be better overall AND see us get outcoached, and we did.

BV had a beautifully planned game coming in, and within three series they made the adjustments that neutralized it. We almost never see our offensive coordinators make those large-scale wholesale in-game adjustments, and they didn’t in this one.

Instead of seeing the defense and fundamentally knowing and trusting what changes will work, we start throwing darts. With the horses we have had for the past several seasons, it’s worked more than it didn’t. It didn’t tonight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: agree for the most part......95% of it.....

Jan 14, 2020, 1:58 AM

If we only had an o cord we would have won 2 Nattys. Oh wait

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol....Rob Spence would have won with last year’s team.***

Jan 14, 2020, 2:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree

Jan 14, 2020, 2:24 AM [ in reply to agree for the most part......95% of it..... ]

I'm not an expert but this "what they gave us" sounds like the Rob Spence "mad scientist" mentality.
Why wait to see what they give us if we we have the horses to do what we want on offense. Maybe we don't.

Re: Most of y'all are sensible and I'm not one for sweet lemons

Jan 14, 2020, 2:10 AM

What Etienne was going off. When we ran him in traditional run plays. Not an option to the short side of the field, and on typical screen pass downs. They just saw Ostate get bet by that, I guarantee that was 1 of the main topics in there practices. When straight up inside runs, or zone read inside runs, or off tackle runs, or even that little shovel pass it all worked. There are many NFL coaches would've pounded the rock especially after getting 6 to 7 yards per carry.

Re: Most of y'all are sensible and I'm not one for sweet lemons

Jan 14, 2020, 2:11 AM

Which he did!!!!

I hear what you guys are saying...

Jan 14, 2020, 2:23 AM

I just think it is really easy to second-guess the coaches.

Personally, I have always felt like we needed a more proven, experienced OC. I love Tony and Brad. I think they are great coaches and love these guys. If there is anywhere we have been loaded, it is the offensive skill positions. I should be able to win MOST of the time as the OC.

This entire year, I always wondered why we never really seem to spread the ball around. It seems we just target Higgins and Ross. Sure, they are elite, but we have a slew of studs. Even tonight, Galloway added a new dimension that was working and we left that as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah BV ALWAYS shows up. Looks like our overall plan was to

Jan 14, 2020, 2:24 AM

shellshock them early and hold on. But the O just didn't deliver. 1/13 or something on 3rd down. Ouch. Saw a few new wrinkles VERY early, the wr reverse, the TE over the middle. Defense held on for a while, but the lack of DL pass rushers finally bit us. BV had held it together through 14 games, but when you have to bring the safeties/linebackers down to get a blitz there's just no support over the top, and when the offense keeps giving the ball back the ### was bound to break eventually.

Still, an awesome season for a rebuilding year, and I think we will be back in this same game next year and they will not. They are officially the most prolific offense in the history of the game in points scored now, with like 726 points. We put up a valiant effort but couldn't quite pull it off. The stars just aligned for them this year.

Re: Yeah BV ALWAYS shows up. Looks like our overall plan was to

Jan 14, 2020, 2:26 AM

We certainly need more DL pressure. It's a bit concerning. No, its not the end of the world.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,587
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic