Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Student athletes that refuse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,529

Student athletes that refuse

Jun 28, 2020, 9:57 AM

To play in there given sport because of a social injustice that has occurred and feel that it somehow deeply affects them and keeps the from performing at there best on the field should transfer or lose there scholarship and become just a student and figure out how to pay for college like the rest of the student population. When I was at Clemson i don't think my professor would have allowed me to take time off from class because I saw a shirt that offended me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Student athletes that refuse

Jun 28, 2020, 9:58 AM

IT's early, but this is the most ignorant thing i'll see today i bet

Yeah. That opinion is so unreasonable!

Jun 28, 2020, 10:10 AM

Players that refuse to play should not retain their scholarships? Crazy talk.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Yeah. That opinion is so unreasonable!

Jun 28, 2020, 10:12 AM

Isn't a scholarship a contract of sorts? Are they not bound to play by that contract?

Jun 28, 2020, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Student athletes that refuse ]

Nah I just tired of the "if something offends me" they go straight to protest mode. Sure most college programs have in house sports psychologist, counclors, coach, or some other authority figure that would be more than willing to hear your grievances and help you resolve it if they can or help you promote your cause in a more positive manner then acting like a spoiled or entitled kid that thinks it's there way or the highway.

Jun 28, 2020, 10:50 AM

The irony being that you don't like what someone is doing so you go to a public message board to complain and say things should be your way or the highway. Classic

Jun 28, 2020, 11:08 AM

I'm pretty sure that's not what the OP was doing. For me at least it's a matter of someone that is refusing to play a silly sport because they have a snowflake issue with something that they don't agree with so they protest. This removes a scholarship for someone that really wants to play and get their shot at a free education. Bottom line is if you are on an athletic scholarship you should have to participate in the sport you committed to play. Otherwise, this could get ugly fast by setting a precedent that won't be able to be reversed.

Jun 28, 2020, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Student athletes that refuse ]

No, the "irony" is that you don't see a difference between a free expression of thought vs. violation of a contract valued at $75K+.

Idiots don't even understand basic psychology (neither do their advisors). If you extort a certain agreement from someone based on the fact that they care enough to pay huge sums of money to you, the payor has an easy solution: stop paying. Extortion ends. Yes, everyone loses, but the payor keeps both their money and their self-respect. Athletes miss out on multiple opportunities to improve their lives but will once again blame the "inequity" of life on others not themselves.

K St cannot afford to go without football--of course Coach Klieman supports the players, he gets a paycheck!--but K St boosters don't have to fund it.

You absolutely are required to maintain standards for

Jun 28, 2020, 1:16 PM

academic scholarships as well as grants and other forms of free education

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2020, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Student athletes that refuse ]

mcraft07 called the OP ignorant, yet is unable to articulate the information that would eliminate this perceived lacuna of knowledge. He can only fling poo, like a silly chimp in a zoo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

you have a strange sense of irony***

Jun 28, 2020, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Student athletes that refuse ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2020, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Student athletes that refuse ]

Go look at the snowflakes on the Kansas State football team not wanting to play until a ksu students expelled for a in poor taste joke. I wonder how many things they have said about Trump or other people themselves?

Interesting mentality. “If I disagree they’re ignorant“***

Jun 28, 2020, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Student athletes that refuse ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jun 28, 2020, 10:32 AM

Seems like a no-brainer.

If you are on a sports scholarship...no sports, no scholarship.

BTW: "Their"

I completely agree, but...

Jun 28, 2020, 12:32 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I completely agree, but...

Jun 28, 2020, 2:23 PM

Grammar **** .... whoa ?? I almost just made a huge mistake.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Grammar didn't teach me no

Jun 28, 2020, 9:23 PM

Gramma.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2020, 9:33 PM

Absolutely. They ARE there for the education. As most athletes will never make it to professional levels, they need to stop with all the pandering and get over all the self induced victimization. Its a privilege to be there on someone else's time. Get over yourself and go be better. Then you can get up on whatever soapbox you want to.

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,529
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic