Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Y'all do realize that the reason there's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Y'all do realize that the reason there's

Oct 7, 2017, 2:52 PM

No drop off from year to year on D is we play back ups on D during garbage time right? Stop complaining, Dabo and BV know what they're doing

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep***

Oct 7, 2017, 2:57 PM

Re: Y'all do realize that the reason there's

Oct 7, 2017, 2:58 PM

Or it could be that we recruit 4 and 5-stars. But keep pumping sunshiner! One day we'll lose one of these close ones in the 4th quarter and the anti-foot-on-throaters will literally be left without an argument.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What the...there are people on Tigernet that still

Oct 7, 2017, 3:01 PM

use the term "sunshine pumpers"? That is hilarious.

null

We're the defending National Champs

Oct 7, 2017, 3:04 PM

And still have to "defend" Dabo's decisions? Some of you are beyond nuts!

Oct 7, 2017, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Y'all do realize that the reason there's ]

We lost a close one last year and won the NC. Get out of here coot.

Oct 7, 2017, 3:08 PM

Lolol are you literally retarded? We lost a close game to Pitt with our starters in, OK it happens. I'm talking about putting in terrible scrubs when you could close a game out for no reason. But you're right - we won the NC last year so that justifies it. Stopppppppp bro

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2017, 3:15 PM

So can you name a time when we lost a game because the coaches left in the backups? No? You might want to think before you post such ridiculous things.

Oct 7, 2017, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Y'all do realize that the reason there's ]

I will have to look through the box score to find a terrible scrub who has played. I am pretty sure most who played today we're all highly valued recruits, but maybe I'm mistaken.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2017, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Y'all do realize that the reason there's ]

Before you get to pumping that fact, do't forget the only reason that happened is #2 Clemson, #3 Michigan, and #4 Washington all lost that weekend...while OH State & Louisville had a loss, and Wisconsin was a 2 loss team. If it had been just Clemson to lose that weekend, we might not have went at all.

Oct 7, 2017, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Y'all do realize that the reason there's ]

We loss a close game in the 4th quarter last year, as I remember it worked out well for us.

Oct 7, 2017, 4:44 PM

See my post above....there's a bit of a fact you are missing there. The fact we didn't move in the polls after the loss for a very good reason.

where were you in the 20 year drought

Oct 7, 2017, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Y'all do realize that the reason there's ]

Between Ford and Dabo? People like you are what makes coaches leave for Alabama

Oct 7, 2017, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Y'all do realize that the reason there's ]

Yes it is frustrating that it wasn't 28-0, but can you honestly tell me the game was ever in doubt? Pretty sure dabo and bv know what they're doing, that playing time for second and third string is invaluable come later on in the season in a huge game where someone might get hurt or ejected, we then have the ability to plug in a guy who has some substantial playing time under his belt while other teams would need to take a guy that got some garbage time against Canisius State.... depth is a big thing playing the 13th,14th, and 15th games of the season. Plain and simple, win the acc, and we are in.

except for the part where it wasn't close***

Oct 7, 2017, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Y'all do realize that the reason there's ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2017, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Y'all do realize that the reason there's ]

I'm not sure what putting in backups on defense has to do with not keeping our foot on the pedal on offense.

Maybe your reading comprehension needs a little work.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2017, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Y'all do realize that the reason there's ]

So you are saying that one day you will be right? not today though?

Oct 7, 2017, 3:07 PM

I do believe everyone completely understands why we do it and the results. However can you honestly say that it is not frustrating as all heck to watch?

I'd rather watch it this year in a win, than next year in a

Oct 7, 2017, 3:18 PM

Loss

Re: I'd rather watch it this year in a win, than next year in a

Oct 7, 2017, 3:28 PM

I hear you and agree but that's not really what I asked you. Is it frustrating to watch now, yes it is, thus that is why you see the floods of posts about it.

You could easily turn your response right around. Would you rather blow an easy win right now to have a better defense next year? That's the possibility people imagine. Gave up an easy 1st Td, then Hunter threw a close one that could have been a pick6. 21-14. Onside kick and somehow WF scores and now it is 21-21 and who knows what happens.

Just saying! Go Tigers

that is true, however, one could also turn that around

Oct 7, 2017, 4:30 PM

and argue that this is not baseball. if a player is subbed out ( not ejected ), they can re-enter the game. heck, we could bring our whole starting "d" back out if we absolutely needed to.

Oct 7, 2017, 3:08 PM

100% correct

Doesn't bother me a bit to be honest. What if we keep all the starters

Oct 7, 2017, 3:12 PM

In just to get a shutout, and one of our studs get hurt? Then what?

Re: Doesn't bother me a bit to be honest. What if we keep all the starters

Oct 7, 2017, 3:21 PM

Who cares about a shutout? How about a cover??? Best bet in Vegas is to bet against us on the spread, lord know we won't cover like we should. Wake beat the line today by 7.5!!

Oct 7, 2017, 3:27 PM

I didn't know that covering the spread was a factor in determining conference champions or playoff contenders. Good thing we routed everyone last year en route to the title game...oh wait.

Seriously dude, hit the showers for today. You're making a fool of yourself.

Oct 7, 2017, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Doesn't bother me a bit to be honest. What if we keep all the starters ]

A blowout certainly feeds hubris and fan swagger, but it just isn't a priority for this coaching staff. And about the only thing lower on the priority list than a blowout is regarding in any way, shape, or form what Vegas thinks about the points spread. It's ok if you care and express your concerns, but the defending National Championship coaching staff clearly does not.

GO TIGERS

Oct 7, 2017, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Doesn't bother me a bit to be honest. What if we keep all the starters ]

Who cares about Vegas. Let the kids have fun and learn.

Clemson isn’t playing to cover bets.***

Oct 7, 2017, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Doesn't bother me a bit to be honest. What if we keep all the starters ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2017, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Doesn't bother me a bit to be honest. What if we keep all the starters ]

there it is. You lost money on the game. Now I completely understand why you are crying.

Oct 7, 2017, 3:22 PM

Game experience for younger guys + reduced injury exposure for the starters = worth it every time.

Exactly!

Oct 7, 2017, 4:15 PM

Nm

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic