Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Xavier Thomas
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Xavier Thomas

Jan 14, 2020, 3:08 PM

Since most people just love stats more than watching him during the game most the time I just want to say a few things, he is down right dominant and an absolute baller first of all. Next every other play it seems he's in the backfield yes he's not getting home a ton but that's because the interior line hasn't gotten good penetration all year consistently and the QB is able to step up into another safety netting something we as Clemson fans aren't used to seeing. Another year of weights and coaching and Tyler is going to be a beast on the inside, KJ has shown great flashes when he's on the field I'm super excited for him next year and the addition of Bresee, Capehart, and Williams on the inside is going to help tremendously to take focus off of him. XT is just fine.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Xavier Thomas

Jan 14, 2020, 3:09 PM

He’s a bust dude...It’s time people start accepting that....He is what he is...Simply watch the film.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 14, 2020, 3:13 PM

Simply watch the film and you'll realize how laughable it is you say that. The dude is not a bust we played a quirky defense that doesn't do well at all for DE's to get stats. It's a disappointing year from him but to call him a bust is ridiculous.

Jan 14, 2020, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Xavier Thomas ]

We'll see if he is a bust or not. Body type wise, at least at the moment, he is probably much more suited to a 4-3 than the 3-4 that we saw a lot of this year. Another off season in the weight room, and more depth on the interior of the d-line will probably work wonders for next year.

Jan 14, 2020, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Xavier Thomas ]

Agree definitely a rough year for XT not sure if hes a bust but if he dosent have a great year next year then ye he is bust.

Jan 14, 2020, 3:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 3:14 PM

I'd probably say you belong grading English papers instead of football message boards.

Yeah dawg, communication skills is fer queers.***

Jan 14, 2020, 3:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 3:23 PM

The biggest area of improvement needed for XT is discipline in the scheme. He over pursues, both in the run game and in the pass rush. And he's got to improve at getting off blocks.

But the 3 down scheme we played for a lot of this year was not ideal for his skill set. And he was out with injury during a portion of the season when we went away from this scheme.

Do you remember hearing a lot about Chase Young before this year? Sometimes it takes a while to adjust to college ball. XT still has the opportunity to blow up. But, he needs to start showing it this spring.

Jan 14, 2020, 3:27 PM

I have been around a long time( just ask Spud) and I can judge people pretty well. That was my profession. I tell you, Thomas does not have the heart, motivation nor the attitude to be a factor , now nor next year..

Jan 14, 2020, 5:55 PM

Were you a judge ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 3:30 PM

I'm with you, he gets in the back field and the qb simply steps up. He is 4 - 3 guy...with the help coming, I believe his stats go back up. I believe in him and cant wait for Breese, the other incoming freshman push these guys and go back to a 4-3 defense. No one talks about the difficulties of switching schemes in a off season...but it has prepared the younger DL, I believe for our near future...

Go Tigers

Jan 14, 2020, 6:25 PM

I think XT is a solid D1 college football player ...... and at this point he is not great. First, I think the expectations were off the chart and probably a little unfair based on a half dozen plays last year when he was playing with four top NFL draft picks. If he has the heart and work ethic, then he has a chance to be a great player. Remember all of our former players who took three and four years to develop?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 7:08 PM

XT was very disappointing this year, no doubt. But I'm not sure if there was an injury involved or he just doesn't have the fire to be great as an every-down player.

20/20 will be very telling. Bresee and Murphy are going to get a lot of reps at DE. If XT doesn't produce they will take snaps away from him. He won't get the benefit of the doubt.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic