Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm afraid success is about to move ticket prices out of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

I'm afraid success is about to move ticket prices out of

Jul 31, 2014, 4:40 PM

reach for a lot of us. DRad is on a money roll and a lot of us, including myself, can't or will not pay the lofty prices that are about to descend upon us.
One consolation though. At least most of the games, except maybe one, are on television now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

???? Ticket prices have changed little

Jul 31, 2014, 4:51 PM

Over the past 5 years...
Iptay dues are going up, but have changed little since Seat Equity almost 10 years ago.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re read the first sentence.***

Jul 31, 2014, 4:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read it twice..what evidence do you have that tix prices

Jul 31, 2014, 4:56 PM

Are going up a considerable amount?

Re: Re read the first sentence.***

Jul 31, 2014, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re read the first sentence.*** ]

IPTAY expense is part of the cost of tickets.

Wrong...you can buy tix without joining Iptay***

Jul 31, 2014, 5:01 PM

Re: Wrong...you can buy tix without joining Iptay***

Jul 31, 2014, 5:24 PM

You can't buy GOOD tickets without joining IPTAY.

Re: Wrong...you can buy tix without joining Iptay***

Jul 31, 2014, 5:40 PM

You can buy good tickets right outside the stadium at face or less to the majority of the games.

You can't necessarily buy "good" tickets by joining IPTAY.

Jul 31, 2014, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Wrong...you can buy tix without joining Iptay*** ]

It depends on your definition of "good" of course, but if you mean seats between the 20 yard lines that are high enough up to see, "Good" tickets, generally speaking, mean giving or having given a LOT of money, much more so than was the case a few years ago, relatively speaking. But, it's the price for success, and as long as people are willing to pay (and they sure are for now), then so be it.

You could conceivably join IPTAY and pay a LOT of money and still not get "good" tickets. Just before the Seat Equity plan was instituted, I was at a point where I needed one more ticket for a child that had gotten old enough, and spoke with Bob Mahoney (at that time) about going from 3 to 4 tickets so that we all could sit together. That would have meant giving up the 3 seats I'd had for years, which were portal level at the 25 yard-line, and putting my name in the hat and hope for the best, but was warned that the best I could possibly get due to my donation level, would be in the end zone, corner of upper deck, or first/second row field level. That's been over 10 years ago, and he told me then there were people sitting in the upper deck who were paying ten-thousand dollars a year, that would kill for the 3 I had. I'm pretty sure demand has not decreased since then.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

With Positive Success Comes An Added Cost.***

Jul 31, 2014, 4:58 PM

So 5 consecutive losses to the chickens is success???***

Jul 31, 2014, 5:14 PM

nm

Re: So 5 consecutive losses to the chickens is success???***

Jul 31, 2014, 8:01 PM

If you really think 1 game makes a season then when your cockerel's leave the valley around midnight on 11/29/2014
your season will be a bust

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm afraid success is about to move ticket prices out of

Jul 31, 2014, 6:25 PM

Get a better job.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic