Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow! If Notre Dame is eligible for conf. title, unreal. Link
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,026

Wow! If Notre Dame is eligible for conf. title, unreal. Link

Jul 24, 2020, 11:42 AM

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/acc-considering-11-game-college-football-schedule-with-10-conference-games-including-notre-dame/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If allowed, I'm sure the ACC would have an agreement

Jul 24, 2020, 11:43 AM

in place for Notre Dame to officially join the ACC as a football member. Otherwise, how does this benefit the ACC?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Notre Dame will NEVER join as a permanent full member. They

Jul 24, 2020, 11:56 AM

are just getting their way like they always do. This is unreal as to the fact that they are the ones in a jam this year, not the other ACC members.

There is nothing to be gained by the ACC letting them compete for the championship this one year.

They will be the best team on Clemson's schedule

Jul 24, 2020, 12:16 PM

I really want for this game to happen. Everything is weird right now. I have no problem with a one year agreement fir this season. Could also just be a one step closer to full time membership.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: They will be the best team on Clemson's schedule

Jul 25, 2020, 2:07 AM

And I have water front beach property for sale in the Phoenix Arizona area if you think ND would consider bringing their FB program to the ACC!!! They have had since 2013 to bring their FB program to the ACC, so why haven't they. They haven't bc they have absolutely no intention of joining any conference with their FB program. Not since they they joined the ACC with other programs in 2013, and it won't happen in 2020 or 2021, and it won't happen any year after!!!

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8369070/notre-dame-sports-football-hockey-acc

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it on Havasu? Very nice ??

Jul 25, 2020, 12:03 PM

I hear ya. I think they likely are not to fully join. I never thought they'd have the affiliation they currently have either, so ya never know.
Do we even want them?

I will say it's good to have the villain. So many LOOOOVE ND. I used to abhor them. A couple wins later and I suddenly have less disdain. I definitely want to see Clemson and ND battle it out this year! They will be the beat team we play. Maybe UNC will live up to the building hype, but right now its ND to validate our season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: If allowed, I'm sure the ACC would have an agreement

Jul 24, 2020, 12:47 PM [ in reply to If allowed, I'm sure the ACC would have an agreement ]

I would bet there is no such deal with ND, Swofford is hoping that is what will happen!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If allowed, I'm sure the ACC would have an agreement

Jul 25, 2020, 8:09 AM

I would bet there is no such deal with ND, Swofford is hoping that is what will happen!!!

"Hope" is not a good strategy.

Notre Dame should have to join to be eligible

Jul 24, 2020, 11:54 AM

in Football. Swofford better stand his ground.

Re: Notre Dame should have to join to be eligible

Jul 24, 2020, 11:59 AM

Swoffy will fold like a cheap suit.

Re: Notre Dame should have to join to be eligible

Jul 24, 2020, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Notre Dame should have to join to be eligible ]

When has he ever stood his ground after 1982? ??

Ludicrous.***

Jul 24, 2020, 12:14 PM

It's total BS it what it is !!!!!

Jul 24, 2020, 12:53 PM

You're either all or all out, and when it comes to football, the beebee heads definitely are not all in and they have made it abundantly clear that they aren't even remotely interested in being all in, so allowing their games to count towards conference standings or allowing them to play in the conference championship game is a complete load of steaming green crap !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Wow! If Notre Dame is eligible for conf. title, unreal. Link

Jul 25, 2020, 1:28 AM

I see this as a real opportunity to potentially get Notre Dame to join the ACC. It's a weird year, I don't see the harm in it. I agree with the points in this article.

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/football/notre-dame-football-acc-has-a-golden-opportunity

Re: Wow! If Notre Dame is eligible for conf. title, unreal. Link

Jul 25, 2020, 2:40 AM

ND has benefited from being able to cherry pick “blue blood” programs for their schedule while they were in down years. It’s like beating FSU now, at one time it was impressive, but they have SUCKED for about 3 years in a row. I hope they do join the ACC in football, so they can boost our SOS, and it will look good on the resumé when we smoke them in prime time games. I do believe that FSU is going to be pretty good again, Louisville hired the right coach, we just need VT and Miami to live up to their names and we have the strongest schedule in the nation. I love to take up for our conference when Joe Shmo bashes it by asking, “Where did you play college ball??? Do you know how hard it is to get a football scholarship to even Wake Forest??? All teams have athletes!!!” BUT! The last 2 years the ACC has been hard to take up for.... I’m ready for some more Big Time, in conference matchups, and if ND can help bring that to the table, by all means bring them in as soon as possible!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,026
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic