Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow ESPN on all American team. Just wow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Wow ESPN on all American team. Just wow

Dec 22, 2020, 11:53 AM

Very disappointing. So you have the number 1 pick in this years draft not on team. And the number 2 team in the country has only one player on the AA team? Maybe we are a better “team” this year than its individual pieces? I’m trying to make sense of this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow ESPN on all American team. Just wow

Dec 22, 2020, 11:57 AM

Don’t make sense of it. They didn’t try to make sense of it either. They (and the sports media in general) are like dogs with ADD. Only bright shiny things. Gets sick for a week or two you disappear to them, replaced by another shiny object.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only team that can beat ALA has 1 on ESPN AA 1st team!!

Dec 22, 2020, 12:05 PM

How can this be reasonable. Let's win it all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2020, 12:13 PM

I'm not too upset about it. Other than Lawrence, who would you have placed on the All American team this year? As Dabo mentioned in an interview recently, Clemson has started so many different players this year, it has just been a crazy year. No one player on the team really has eye popping stats that would stand out to any non-Clemson fan choosing an all star team. The Alabama QB really has put up some big numbers... unfortunately it's very similar to the Watson/Jackson debate a few years ago.

I read a post on FGF recently saying that Skalski wasn't very good because he had ONLY 27 tackles prior to the ND game. They of course failed to realize that Skalski had only played significant snaps in 6 games, and every one of those were blowouts where he barely played more than a half. 27 tackles in what amounts to 3 full games is pretty darn good!

Dec 22, 2020, 12:14 PM

Let's focus on OSU right now and kick their butts.[

Then we might as well just stay home for the Natty. No way we can beat this Alabama juggernaut !!

Dec 22, 2020, 12:18 PM

We are going to be on a 3 game win streak in Natty’s against Bama! That will make Bama fans & the SEC cry a lot.

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Im assuming the QBs would be Jones and Trask

Dec 22, 2020, 12:16 PM

depending on if this is just a 1st team or also includes a 2nd team. Lawrence is probably 3rd.

Several of our best defensive players missed a bunch of games. I think Tyler Davis is good enough to have been under consideration at DT if he had been healthy all year. We shuffled a bunch of CBs in and out this year.

Etienne was stuck behind a struggling OL for most of the season and didn't but up Etienne-like numbers this year. Rodgers was very good, but isn't going to get picked ahead of guys like Devonta Smith or Dyami Brown.

I'm actually struggling to come up with who our 1 player on the team would be.

Re: Im assuming the QBs would be Jones and Trask

Dec 22, 2020, 12:26 PM

A lot of the running numbers ETN got in the passing game. Also almost every team sold out to stop the run on top of our Offensive line has had growing pains but look ???? out next year.

We have great young talent that will get a full offseason, look for our OL to be a strength the next 3-4 years.

Our defensive line is going to be incredible next few years too. Ole Foreman might be a bonus.

Bryan Bresee is going to be unstoppable next year & a healthy Tyler Davis with Capehart & Williams adding depth.

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 22, 2020, 12:33 PM

Have you seen Mac Jones and Kyle Trask stats?? How would anybody put TL above them? Of course TL is better but how can yall not see why they would out others above him? Who else would yall even consider being on the team? Maybe Rodgers. I think our D is solid but nobody is a star like in years past. We are a team full of really great players. Besides TL and Etienne we dont have anybody with great stats compared to other teams this year.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic