Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would love to hire John Beilein
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,404

Would love to hire John Beilein

Feb 17, 2020, 6:33 PM

D-Rad will never pull the trigger on Brownell on what was dubbed a rebuilding year since last year, and rightfully so--we have by far surpassed any expectations most of us had this time last year for this year's squad, but if the Cavs fire Beilein I think his style and coaching pedigree would really fit in well and build a consistent winner here. I think we could get him too and he would have us in the NCAA's regularly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would love to hire John Beilein- Yeah I dont know

Feb 17, 2020, 6:36 PM

what happened there. They arent doing good. Maybe he hates the NBA or maybe there is some other issue. They make it sound like he is deciding but by the time its this well known I'd think he is leaving.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would love to hire John Beilein- Yeah I dont know

Feb 17, 2020, 7:02 PM

I think he is just a college disciplinarian that ran into multi-millionaires that do not think he has earned the say-so to be hard on them, and at his age I can see how there would be a disconnect/hard time for him to connect with his veteran players. Dan Gilbert is also a difficult owner who has not surrounded him with a ton of talent, it's the old adage, to have respect of the team you have to have won championships and to win championships you have to have respect of the team--he was in a no win situation, that was a weird leap for him regardless.. All that to say he is a great college coach, connects with young men and helps develop them into men and professionals.

Re: Would love to hire John Beilein

Feb 17, 2020, 6:44 PM

Can Brad hire another assistant coach, if not, there isn't an opening for Beilein to be had with Clemson Bball!!!:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would love to hire John Beilein

Feb 17, 2020, 6:52 PM

I wish you had read the initial post, Brad has easily earned another year and I think he really is a "Clemson Man" and the people in charge have developed a culture of, cooler heads will prevail-- and the results from this year have 100% earned another year. In different circumstances, I think Beilein is the perfect coach for us, he does way more with less and is a HOF coach that still has the desire to coach at the highest level.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,404
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic