Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would like a liberal/pro lockdown person’s answers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Would like a liberal/pro lockdown person’s answers

May 13, 2020, 9:22 PM

1) Has the goal moved from flatten the curve to prevent all deaths?

2) If we won’t have a vaccine for a year should we shut down everything possible for a year to prevent as much transmission as possible?

3) If yes to #2 what do we do to provide dental care, eye care, routine healthcare? What do we do to help medical practictioners, barbers, servers, manicurists, trainers, airline workers, hotel workers, etc? If money where do we get it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody on TigerNet is responsible for things being closed

May 13, 2020, 9:58 PM

Unless Nikki Haley is here and can influence McMater (if so, hi Nikki).

Looks like most places are prepping to open but with a ton of precautions.

I certainly hope the expectation isn’t to prevent all deaths because we’ll never reopen.

Plenty of ‘liberals’ are ready to open things up. I also know plenty of Republicans that want more caution. Each person should make their own decision regardless of ‘party’ line.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nobody on TigerNet is responsible for things being closed

May 13, 2020, 10:38 PM

A party line, be dam-ned being a republican or democrat, this is about the safety of our lives, and nobody will protect you better than what you can do to protect yourself and your direct personal family. If you look for a politician to keep you safe at a personal level, go and pick out the casket that you want to be buried in bc you will be dead before one of those S O B's does a thing to help keep you safe and protected bc "most of us" are faceless and nameless to those money grabbing lying mindless politicians, they ride with who ever can and will do them the biggest favors, and the public is far away from their thoughts until it's time for them to be Elected or Re-Elected on whatever side of the fence their on, period!!! Party line, we the public only supply the money for their Party that we're never invited to, and even though we supply the money, we're never welcome to the line they Party on!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2020, 5:06 PM

Preach.

May 14, 2020, 12:20 AM [ in reply to Nobody on TigerNet is responsible for things being closed ]

Dang man, I enjoyed reading that reply. Well said!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2020, 6:23 PM

I agree. I am #### sick and tired of EVERYTHING being about politics and picking one side or the other.

Heck even wearing a mask or not has gotten politicized.

What happened to simply caring for each other no matter what our personal opinions are?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would like a liberal/pro lockdown person’s answers

May 13, 2020, 10:12 PM

I'm speaking out of turn bc I'm not a pro lock down screamer, but I will never leave the safety of my home without my mask, gloves, 91% rubbing alcohol, and my Clorox wipes that I wipe down everything out of the buggy before it goes into my vehicle for the ride home. After wiping everything really well with the Clorox wipes, I put the wipes and my gloves in the trash cans outside of wherever I shop, and if they don't have outside trash cans, I leave them in the shopping buggy.

I will continue that practice until nobody is testing positive for covid-19, and there are no more deaths being recorded in SC with the direct cause being covid-19. I don't care about what the other people around think or say under their breath, bc I feel that I'm doing what "I believe" will help to keep me and my wife safe, and not dying with a respirator shoved into our lungs waiting on a doctor to take the respirator away and giving it to someone they believe may have a better chance of surviving than me or my wife. I am very OK with doing what I do for our safety, and I wouldn't give a hard or soft turd about what anybody thinks about it bc it is my choice, and I fully intend to exercise my personal choice!!!

Lock it down completely, or completely open everything up, I don't care one way or the other, but, until there isn't anymore mass positive teastings, and no more mass covid-19 deaths, I will continue with what I do to protect myself and my wife that I truly love. There is for real, a note on our front door that states we're not receiving guest or company from anybody, and it will remain there until we feel that it is safe, we are breathing just fine in our home by our selves without someone that maybe careless coming inside and putting us at RISK of not being able to take a breath at all, Period!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2020, 10:35 PM

^^^^ This man knows what he's all about! I respect that.

Totally agree with what she said ^^^^^^^^^

May 14, 2020, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Would like a liberal/pro lockdown person’s answers ]

well done!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2020, 10:38 PM

2) after all these years, check on the availability of a SARS or MERS vaccine. There won't be a vaccine in a year. Maybe ever.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-07-mers-cov-vaccine-safe-strong-immunity.html

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 13, 2020, 10:43 PM

You could be right, there may never be a vaccine, but there will be a drug/drugs that will help us to recover pretty quickly from the covid-19 virus without such a big number of deaths!!!

May 13, 2020, 10:52 PM

I hope so.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Didn't Trump promise vaccine soon back in March?

May 14, 2020, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Would like a liberal/pro lockdown person’s answers ]

I don't plan on one ever existing either.

That was before he grabbed Fauci in the p---y and

May 14, 2020, 10:19 AM

ran him off

May 14, 2020, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Would like a liberal/pro lockdown person’s answers ]

As there is (a vaccine) for the flu so we don't have many people dying from it? You're kidding yourself. Even with the flu vaccine, tens of thousands of people die every year in the United States. Many of them took the "flu shot." So quit believing everything you hear on the news. Those people have an agenda. There's not going to be a vaccine to keep people from dying from COVID 19 in 1 year or 5 years!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get me a Common Cold Vaccine & I Would Be All-In..

May 13, 2020, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Would like a liberal/pro lockdown person’s answers ]

but plan to get out soon after 6-8 weeks pretty much in.

Oh, i will be attending a Clemson FB game but do as i always do..not sit in my seat but rather watch from the end zone areas & stay away from crowds..but with a mask this time.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ this man knows his corona viruses.***

May 13, 2020, 11:03 PM

Re: Get me a Common Cold Vaccine & I Would Be All-In..

May 14, 2020, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Get me a Common Cold Vaccine & I Would Be All-In.. ]

If only Granny Clampett was still around. She had a surefire cold cure, it was called Granny's "Cold Cure". It works every time, take one spoonful, eat sensible, get lots of rest, drink plenty of water and in a week or ten days it's gone.

May 14, 2020, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Would like a liberal/pro lockdown person’s answers ]

I always hope for the best , but you're probably right on this . Though , the high-risk nature of this one being so communicable and killing so many in such a short period of time may be a real boon to the researchers working on Covid-19 vaccines .
Perhaps those other two went by the wayside when they burned themselves out ?
I don't know . Hope they get one going that works .

DB23

Now you’re going to get it....

May 13, 2020, 11:49 PM

Vlastmil will be here any second now to tell you how we’re all going to end up on ventilators.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

May 14, 2020, 12:25 AM

As stated here, we all must do what’s in our best interests and sometimes our money may keep us leaning in different directions along with age, location, health and wisdom. I love you all no matter where you stand.

My only wish list for you all is that you know the King of Kings and that all is at peace in your heart with him no matter what you may face because we all are going die and none of us know when. I want to be your Tigernet friend forever and for us all to be with our mom, dad, grand parents and all our loved ones too.

Go Tigers, Let’s win the next 10 Natty’s in a row!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

May 14, 2020, 12:51 AM

^^^Amen^^^

God gives, God takes away... Blessed be the name of God.

Go Tigers!!!

Hold up. Liberal:pro lockdown?

May 14, 2020, 12:56 AM

Who created the lockdown?

Hold up.

May 14, 2020, 1:39 AM

Are you liberal? Are you pro-lockdown? Then he’s talking to you.
If not, then he’s not.

Missing the point.

May 14, 2020, 6:26 PM

Its fairly obvious he is equating the two in his post. You'd have to be an idiot not to see that, right or wrong.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was pro lockdown for a few weeks in March/April

May 14, 2020, 7:50 AM

I think for a while now we should just be washing hands, wearing masks in high traffic areas, and limiting mass gatherings. Not sure why masks are political.

However, I don't know how much effect a lockdown is having now on anything. People are pretty much doing what they want. Restaurants are hesitant to open since customers are hesitant, etc. I suggest one more round of stimulus with measures removed as people get comfortable. I think summer will buy us 4 or 5 months of low cases. If winter outbreaks occur like this spring, civilization is screwed unless we come together. I would argue the pandemic cannot have been that bad since we are all still fighting each other. We would unite if we truly felt an existential threat. I am not belittling those who have died in this. Just observing.

May 14, 2020, 10:31 AM

Why do people associate the left with being the only pro lockdown among US citizens ?
I assure you I am aware of at least a dozen folks/friends who count themselves among the conservative right who are also pro-stay at home unless essential .
Just the way things are right now , not every single emotional issue need be politicized , it's a little sad how this country is filling up with finger pointers .

Go Tigers

DB23

The conservative liberal difference

May 14, 2020, 11:05 AM

Clearly, both are concerned. IMO - liberals core belief that govt should control your life and money and conservatives belief that govt should stay out of my life and I should be able to decide what to do with my own money. Belief in personal accountability rather than govt.
based on that core belief - when the dems propose money for people and actually make it more than they were earning at their job - then that incents them to want to stay at home as there is no reason to go out - as they would be forced to work.
This drives the difference.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The conservative liberal difference

May 14, 2020, 12:14 PM

I’ll not comment on the Covid portion since all sides seem to have been well discussed here. However, just a comment on your opinion that a liberals core belief involves government controlling ones life/money. If this is truly what you believe, then I would suggest some additional research on the matter.

To the OP...It is my experience that seldom is ANY issue black and white and to try and define any position using agenda driven talking points does a disservice to the issue and to those it affects.

May 14, 2020, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Would like a liberal/pro lockdown person’s answers ]

Because the liberals are the ones who want government to force people to do the things they want and conservatives are ok with people making their own decisions?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2020, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Would like a liberal/pro lockdown person’s answers ]

That’s the way the media portrays it. If there’s someone speaking out against the lockdown they are automatically labeled a Trump sycophant. You haven’t noticed?

If all you know is what’s shown on the regular news networks, you would just know that the anti-lockdown people are all ignorant redneck Trump supporters carrying guns and “denying” science.

I don’t care what people do. However, if this goes on much longer there will be over 30 families that will lose their primary income source when I go bankrupt.

May 14, 2020, 9:03 PM

Hope that doesn't happen to you .. or them , the best of luck !

DB23

May 14, 2020, 10:54 AM

I guess I technically fit that definition but not how you think... as I am liberal in the classical sense. How about a hybridized libertarians' view who is "pro" distancing. Why "hybrid" -because I side with Kant over Mills in a post Locke concept of "good" - thus I place a heavier emphasis on Duty that maximize benefit. I am not one of those "no government aka anarchist" but I believe every government item should have a clear sunset.

First, there is TWO huge things you have to take into consideration: the virus's transmission rate and amount of resourced to combat the illness. If left unchecked, the virus is able to spread at such a rate that given even the low mortality rate, you would have thousands potentially dying without access to ANY type of meaningful health care. At the point that there is no other mechanism, then government has the ability to step in with the police power.

Next, the interpretation of the "police power". Getting back to the fundamentals of liberty vs that the action of government: I am a firm supporter of the"police power" which targets Health, safety, general welfare and morals. I am 100% on board with government action left to the states being used "as seen fit" at the state level for this. It is kinda happening.

Finally, coming back to my "duty" aspect and liberalism (classical definition). Where in the "fudruckers" is everyone's "6 months of savings and supply" - I am not talking a prepper's basement hoard, but we rushed to bail out basically everything within a few weeks. This is overstep. Especially for corporate bailouts.

So back to your point:
1 - We are not close to *actually* flattening the curve, so preventing every case possible is still a big benefit.

2) If we are that unprepared, unwilling to take serious personal action (ie the dumbapples defying epidemiologist basic PPE basics in public), then yeah, every major event is toast.

3) Most basic non-essential care should be postponed. What do we do to help out medical practitioners: don't take stupid unnecessary risks. Comes back to basic "duty". If it is not "essential to survival" then chill out. Who cares how long your hair gets.

May 14, 2020, 3:39 PM

While your post is long on logic, it is very broad.

"Helping out the health care practitioners" includes giving them paying customers. Dentists, therapists, nurses, even one hospital right here in Augusta have closed permanently or seen employment contracts dry up because all the focus on keeping the city closed and 'resources available' to fight Covid-19.

I'd love our mayor, who banded together with Mayor Brooks of Atlanta and the mayor of Albinny to publicly declare "GA is not ready to reopen", to tell us when our medical establishment WILL be ready to reopen. 7 metro counties are trying to prevent reopening for the other 140 counties in the state.

The premise of the OP is stupid***

May 14, 2020, 11:46 AM

May 14, 2020, 3:18 PM

It is unfortunate that a public health concern has become a political issue.
Part of the issue is the frightening message that the media is the enemy of the people.
Thomas Jefferson, that wild liberal, said"given the choice between a government without a free press or a free press without a government I should not hesitate to choose the latter".

It can be argued that people can have free choice to believe this is a problem or not and act accordingly. The problem with that is the swamping of the medical providers if and when this comes back in a second wave. Opinions are wonderful but the scientific community does not seem to think this is not a major problem. If you want to believe all of our institutions are part of a deep state that are all aligned against the President then there is no point in talking.

May 14, 2020, 5:30 PM

Let me rephrase for anyone I offended by combining liberal with lockdown. If you are pro lockdown please answer the 3 questions. I am not trying to make a point. I am truly trying to understand.

its best to prepare for life with no vaccine

May 14, 2020, 8:42 PM

because there has never been one approved by the fda for any corona virus...also wouldnt hurt if the media would quit the fear mongering as well.

May 14, 2020, 9:39 PM

A vaccine isn’t even close to a year away in reality. At minimum it’s probably 2-3 years until a vaccine and another 2-3 years after that before there’s enough stock to vaccinate the entire population.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic