Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Won't be Watching NBA Anymore
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Won't be Watching NBA Anymore

Jul 31, 2020, 7:51 AM

I watch sports to get away from politics.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Wait...the NBA still exists ?!?!?!

Jul 31, 2020, 7:58 AM

It has been decades since I last noticed or watched.

If I want to see a bunch of overpaid undereducated buffoons, I can watch C-SPAN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Wait...the NBA still exists ?!?!?!

Jul 31, 2020, 8:05 AM

I know... but I have always watched it with my son because he likes it. I like spending time with him. That's the only reason.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

there are two "N" words that I don't use, or condone anyone

Jul 31, 2020, 10:48 AM

else using.

"NBA" is one of them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2020, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Wait...the NBA still exists ?!?!?! ]

This is funny. I give it a 7. If it has "been decades" since you even noticed the NBA, might I ask how you know education level of its players?

I assume this thread has something to do with Labron James and his Florida initiative -- a lot of those former felons are Republicans, don't you know -- but he has given more time, attention and money to just causes than one could imagine. This is like everything else: if he is for us, he should have at it. If he is on the other side, he should go away.

or...it could be...

Jul 31, 2020, 8:30 AM

that I just don't like the NBA.

It's just that simple. No hidden agenda or subliminal message.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

OR . . . it could be that it is a group of gazillionaires

Jul 31, 2020, 8:55 AM

making millions & millions more off of endorsements (read "sneaker contracts") that are made by slaves in impoverished countries YET the athletes are the ones who use their platform to go on & on about how oppressed they are.

That and the NBA just flat out sucks.

Could be that . . . . and nothing more.

By the way - it's Lebron.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Jul 31, 2020, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Wait...the NBA still exists ?!?!?! ]

How are they over paid?

Re: Won't be Watching NBA Anymore

Jul 31, 2020, 8:03 AM

I stopped watching the NBA a long time ago. There was a time when I could not watch enough of it. First the rules changed so if you give an opposing player a dirty look you gt a flagrant foul called on you. Then is became a political platform for millionaires to complain.

People have said if you don't like it don't watch it. I choose not to watch it.

I watch sports to get away from the challenges of daily life. I watch sports to forget about all the other stuff going crazy in the world. Now pro sports are going crazy.

Hopefully it doesn't ruin college sports.

Jul 31, 2020, 8:03 AM

There are no politics when the game is played. You're just not really into basketball. Let's get real.

Jul 31, 2020, 8:34 AM

The new written slogan of "BLM" on the court[s] is not political; are you kidding me? It is the new mantra for the Dems and liberals wishing to to tear this country apart. If it and the kneeling spill over to the college scenes for athletics, they will lose their fan support quickly.

Jul 31, 2020, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Won't be Watching NBA Anymore ]

You mean like no politics when the funeral starts...get real the BLM on the court is constantly shoved in your face

Jul 31, 2020, 9:16 AM

Why is it that something that says black lives matter bothers you so much?

First, I love the NBA because I love basketball and enjoy

Jul 31, 2020, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Won't be Watching NBA Anymore ]

watching the greatest athletes in the world play the game. So I will always watch it and am happy to have it back.

That being said, to suggest that there are no politics when the game is being played is incorrect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: First, I love the NBA because I love basketball and enjoy

Jul 31, 2020, 10:06 AM

I think that will ease off after a few games though. Last night was their first time back since all the recent events so of course it's going to be a focus at first. I'm not sure if the slogan on the court is going away anytime soon or not, but I don't think it'll be a major talking point before and during the games after this weekend.

Perhaps, it doesn't bother me though. Getting to watch

Jul 31, 2020, 10:13 AM

live sports far outweighs any negatives from political messaging during said live sports.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jul 31, 2020, 8:51 AM

I will not be watching it any less.

It would be very very hard for me to watch the NBA any less than I do now. If the NBA did not occupy so much time on SportsCenter, it would never enter my consciousness.

FWIW, I don't think my disinterest is political or racial. It's just always there. I suspect that if I lived north of the arctic circle "Snow Days" or "Cold Days" would have long ago lost their appeal.

Jul 31, 2020, 9:09 AM

WNBA teams walked off the court during the anthem. How stupid can they be? Do they want to alienate their 3 fans? I’m done with all pro sports.

N B What?***

Jul 31, 2020, 9:12 AM

Even without the politics...its just bad/boring basketball

Jul 31, 2020, 9:15 AM

its a bunch of one on one matchups and soft defense. The physicality left a while back and thats when players started scoring 40 a night and flopping became an art form and a real part of basketball. They're bringing politics in b/c welll...they need the entertainment i guess.

I've not watched a game since Jordan. and I'm

Jul 31, 2020, 9:22 AM

waning on the NFL now too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2020, 9:24 AM

Can we at least be honest about the not liking politics thing? If the message being displayed was something you agreed with then you'd have no problem with it at all. If you're upset with BLM for instance, and an NBA player comes out and says he doesn't think they should have that written on the court then I doubt you'd be on here talking about it and saying you wish that player hadn't brought up politics.

Odds are you'd instead be saying how much you agreed with him and how brave he was to speak his mind. If you're conservative or liberal and a player says anything at all that supports your side then it would be the same result. It's sort of like telling people you follow sports to escape from politics while coming to a football board to tell people you aren't watching something because of politics.

Jul 31, 2020, 9:28 AM

You're assuming alot fellow tiger fan..leave all politics out

Jul 31, 2020, 9:38 AM

I'm just following experience. Take the Mike Ditka topic from a week or so ago when he spoke out against players taking a knee. That wasn't met on here with people complaining about another sports figure talking politics. That was met with praise with several responses on here of people agreeing with him.

Usually if a sports figure says something people don't agree with it's not only met with the compliant of talking politics, but also met with comments saying how nobody wants an opinion of a sports figure on non sports topics. Funny how those same comments aren't made when it's something someone agrees with.

I use this next example because it's something I constantly see people bring up when speaking against BLM. You're seriously telling me that if last night on TNT Charles Barkley said people needed to focus less on violence against blacks from police, and instead focus more on black on black crime such as that in Chicago that the response on this forum wouldn't have been met with praise for Barkley, and that instead there'd be people on here complaining that Barkley brought up politics?

I had season tickets to the Hornets for 12 years.

Jul 31, 2020, 9:34 AM

I used to love the NBA. They decided to go hard left and I did the same..I left.

I am sure I'm not missed.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

how do I push this to the top of the board?

Jul 31, 2020, 10:44 AM

boycott anything that has BLM associated with it!!

Just be consistent

Jul 31, 2020, 10:49 AM

And stop watching NFL, MLB, college football, and probably college hoops. All are kneeling and making statements, etc.

I'm sure your knickers will be all sorts of twisted when one of your favorite tigers has a BLM patch on his jersey and kneels for the anthem.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic