Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Women playing football, women being allowed to tryout to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Women playing football, women being allowed to tryout to

Nov 30, 2020, 10:01 AM

become Navy Seals. And so on and so on.

These are, obviously, TERRIBLE ideas. A young kid can see this. And the fact that not only are they not immediately dismissed as such, but in fact are celebrated as progress or how things should be by many, makes me wonder how absolutely DERANGED this country has become???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Women playing football, women being allowed to tryout to

Nov 30, 2020, 10:05 AM

#### Neanderthal. If there’s girls that want to play football, give them a shot. If they can do the job, more power to them. If they can’t, then stick to other sports.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 10:15 AM

I guess you are all for transgender boys playing girls sports also?

Nov 30, 2020, 10:19 AM

What’s that got to do with girls playing football? Until there’s a girls football program, let them try out for football.

Why does the thought of girls playing football bother you?

Nov 30, 2020, 10:26 AM

I answered that below... the thought of them playing doesn’t/shouldn’t bother anyone. Them playing and accepting a lower standard of success should bother you.

Would you be happy with Clemson if we accepted and celebrated a kicker who put our defense in terrible field position while also running to the sideline to avoid having to make a tackle thus putting our kick coverage a “man” down?

No problem if she’s the best talent but go kick it deep and run down the field to make a tackle if necessary.

Nov 30, 2020, 10:30 AM

3 things:

1. That was obviously a planned squib kick. If you have a problem with that, blame the coach for calling it.

2. Her running off was also a very obvious coaching decision. Again, blame the coach if you don’t like it.

3. If she wasn’t he best available she wouldn’t have been in there at all.

Nov 30, 2020, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Women playing football, women being allowed to tryout to ]

I heard the same that she took off running to the sidelines right after the kick but can’t find any video of it. Do you know where I can find it?

I think it was a full on publicity stunt and now Mason is canned. If you’re gonna sit here and tell me there wasn’t a single person on the team already that could kick the ball farther than 20 yards in the air and it roll another 10 I call
????.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 10:36 AM

Coaches call plays to the talent on the team. He knew his kicker couldn’t put it deep so he squibbed. Ever see any team ever squib the second half kickoff down big?

You can blame the coach for personnel (which I am) but he/the school was going for a publicity stunt which is what the OP was stating. I said I’m all good with females playing but don’t lower your standards and in this case that’s exactly what happened.

Nov 30, 2020, 11:02 AM

You and I are definitely in agreement. I think Mason was trying to give himself some brownie points and it didn’t work. Also any player should have to earn there spot on the team. It shouldn’t be given to them because of there gender, skin color, religion, etc.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah Give em a Shot...Watch Em Fail Miserably and Then Give

Nov 30, 2020, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Women playing football, women being allowed to tryout to ]

Them a trophy and juice box and tell them they are great. In this case, that woman was HORRIBLE and if she were kicking during a Clemson game, TNET would nuke her and the coaches. She's a really good soccer player and she should be proud of that. This acting like she did a good job is stupid and insulting and damaging to all involved.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just for a recap.......

Nov 30, 2020, 10:32 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puO1sPEXmmM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Women playing football, women being allowed to tryout to ]

The problem is not sexism. The problem is your logic. You may not understand this but why not let men tryout for the women’s soccer team? Surely you’re ok with that? You should be.

You see, these stupid arguments only have a single lane to run in. The moment you reverse the argument, it should make sense that we shouldn’t travel down these roads.

Maybe instead of arguing for equality with ridiculous implications, maybe we need to understand that all of us were created with equal worth but we play different roles because of how we were created. When you don’t understand real worth and value, you’ll always be unsatisfied with who you are.

Nov 30, 2020, 11:07 AM

Men can’t try out for the women’s soccer team because there is a men’s team. Maybe women should just try out for the women’s football team?

Nov 30, 2020, 10:13 AM

It is not too obvious to me - and many others.

Nov 30, 2020, 10:16 AM

It’s not a problem women want to do these things... the problem is lowering standards to let it happen.

If women can make the Seals following same protocols as the men who is anyone to tell them no. Same for football, but when you lower standards and celebrate a terrible squib kick and running off the field putting your team at a numbers disadvantage is a problem.

Nov 30, 2020, 10:24 AM

you are right and the same people who applaud that would be outraged for a transgender man playing womens soccer or a sex change athlete male playing a woman's sport team. I'm fine with a standard but not a double standard

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic