Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Without ever seeing the ACCnetwork due to Comcast..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Without ever seeing the ACCnetwork due to Comcast..

Nov 14, 2019, 3:37 PM

what are your personal thoughts as to its coverage of ACC football and particularly in relationship to Clemson.

Side note: I've only missed seeing Clemson play live on TV twice and used & paid ESPN once to stream and used & paid College Football site to hear game on a radio broadcast from Clemson station.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Without ever seeing the ACCnetwork due to Comcast..

Nov 14, 2019, 4:13 PM

Like you, I have Comcast. I have no favor towards Comcast, but I would be reluctant to blame Comcast. ACCN is likely to blame as they came to the table awfully late to make the deal. Sure seems like ACCN was pretty slack on getting deals closed. Just my $0.02 amd worth every penny

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Nov 14, 2019, 4:25 PM

Yet every other network has made deals...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't see how you can blame ACCN! Absolutely Comcast's fault

Nov 14, 2019, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Without ever seeing the ACCnetwork due to Comcast.. ]

Almost every other major carrier had it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2019, 4:37 PM

I enjoy the ACCN and think the coverage is fine. The quality of the broadcasts and the announcers is probably in line with ESPN2, ESPNU, and SECN. It isn't on the same level as the main ESPN or broadcast networks, but it isn't horrible either, at least not for football. Some of the other sports, such as soccer, aren't as high quality, but the fact that those games are now on TV is a huge improvement. Additionally, Clemson gets a lot of coverage on the Packer and Durham show in the mornings, as well as the other football talk shows. Having Eric Mac Lain on the network is a plus too.

Comcast and Disney signed a 10 year agreement back in 2012, so that contract doesn't expire for a few more years. The fact that Comcast did not give in for the entire football season, nor the start of basketball season, tells me that it is not going to happen. So, you can either stick with Comcast and wait a few years until that deal expires and they have to come to a new agreement, which will include the ACCN, or you'll need to find a satellite or streaming service to move to.

If you have a Tv with the ESPN app or

Nov 14, 2019, 4:51 PM

another streaming device you can use the username and password of the provider of someone who gets ACCN to watch the games.
The ESPN app will allow three concurrent streams.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2019, 5:27 PM

I have comcast but use the in laws sign in to access it through my app on phone or my tv using a firestick. I usually use my phone at 7am to see what they are talking about.

I enjoy the 7am Monday morning discussion since it's mostly about football, but to be honest, I normally don't try to view it too often after that.

After they start the bball or soccer spiel, I just don't care right now. They'll bring a volleyball or soccer coach on to talk and i simply move to something on comcast.

I would tune to it much more often if comcast carried it. It's a pain in the butt to start with the phone, then firestick..etc.

I enjoy my dvr'd college football live and inside college football shows. FF through the bs.

Pack gets a little annoying when antagonizing the SEC for what they say. Yeah, it's deserved but no need to stoop to their level. For example, this morning they were pumping the UVA vs Clemson soccer game. Pack literally said the "game of the century/decade /etc" at least 10 times in a matter of minutes. I instantly turned it off.

But to each their own. Don't get me wrong, im happy we at least have this coverage, but it needs to be brought to Comcast.!

Nov 14, 2019, 5:32 PM

Just get the trial for YouTube tv the next time. 7 days free.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2019, 6:06 PM

Mark Richt occasionally shills for the SEC.

Nov 14, 2019, 6:10 PM

The network is A+ in my opinion. Our Tigers get super coverage and I can’t recall a negative post about Clemson ever.

One of the best things that has happened recently. Dabo approves too!

Nov 14, 2019, 6:18 PM

There has been a lot of Clemson football coverage. I appreciate having a network dedicated to the ACC. I don't bother with the regular ESPN networks unless they are showing actual games that I want to watch. It's great having Packer on daily. I consider him to be the voice of reason in an otherwise SEC-slanted world of college football.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 14, 2019, 8:00 PM

I purchased YouTubeTV while I was in NYC and as soon as I went home to FL dropped Comcast. It was a lot of fun handing them the boxes back and giving them the reason was that they were not carrying the ACC Network. I still have the YouTubeTV even though I have Spectrum here at my company gig in Kentucky. I like YoutubeTV for recording shows that I want to watch later. It's great.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2019, 8:52 PM

Fire Comcast. Support a service which offers ACCN.

Nov 14, 2019, 9:01 PM

I am retired so I watch Packer and Durham every day. I am very pleased with the network and really enjoy Packer and Durham. Eric MacLain is a regular on the show also

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic