Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With the ACCN around the corner its interesting to think
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,558

With the ACCN around the corner its interesting to think

May 22, 2019, 5:39 PM

how things might have turned out with just a few dominos falling a different way. For one, VT would likely be in the SEC right now.

https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019/05/what-if-everything-had-gone-according.html

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: With the ACCN around the corner its interesting to think

May 22, 2019, 6:11 PM

I was thinking about a month ago of how strong the ACC use be, and was wondering how did it get to where it is now. The only answer I could come up with was 20 years of Swofford as ACC commissioner!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 9:49 PM

I suspect that some of the potential “powerhouse” teams have issues within their own system. It’s up to them to right their ship not the league. The commissioners office has no control over coaching hires or athletic administration. It’s all about good coaching, good recruiting and player development. We are extremely lucky to have all those things and much more. We have a great AD. We have a great President who understands and supports athletics. Clemson has an amazing foundation that few can equal. And Clemson has Iptay !!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 8:33 AM

Absolutely right! VT will be just fine - there were some hiccups due to the head coach transition (which is normal), but Fuente is bringing in good talent - just not Clemson-level talent (nobody is though). Look for VT to win 9 or 10 games this year. I also expect GT and Miami to be back soon in the Coastal, and FSU will at least get back to 9/10 wins also (not sure if Taggart can win a national championship, but I believe he CAN get them 10 wins/year). JMO.

This year its the either Virgina's Division in football

May 23, 2019, 8:42 AM

I see either on of you guys winning it this year, and I'm not sure how Many Diaz and Miami will do this year..

Message was edited by: Tigerrag89®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Re: With the ACCN around the corner its interesting to think ]

It was only a few years ago the ACC Atlantic could be considered the most difficult divisions in college football. The ACC was also the only conference with multiple teams projected in the top 5. Due to the collection of talent in the Southeast the SEC will always recruit a little better collectively than everyone else, at least rankings wise. Having said that everything goes in cycles, the question is how long can teams stay at the top and how long will traditional powers underachieve. The ACC network should provide additional motivation and funding for a resurgence from teams like Cuse, Pitt, VT, and GT. Teams like FSU and Miami are always a coach or QB away from competing at the highest level.

null

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,558
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic