Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't care what the rankings, ESPN, or the sec homers say
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

I don't care what the rankings, ESPN, or the sec homers say

Jan 27, 2020, 3:59 PM

Lynyrd Skynyrd is better than the Allman Brothers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I don't care what the rankings, ESPN, or the sec homers say

Jan 27, 2020, 4:07 PM

That's a close one. Dwayne or Duane, how ever he spelled it was one helluva player. Of course Skynard with Ronnie and Steve were just getting started. I was a freshman at Clemson living on D3 and attended Skynard's last concert in Greenville before the plane went down. Talk about Kobe and Earnhardt all you want but that was devastating for me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not close at all. Skynard can't stand on same stage

Jan 28, 2020, 9:56 PM

With Allman Brothers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2020, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't care what the rankings, ESPN, or the sec homers say ]

D328 in ‘79 and ‘80.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2020, 5:15 PM

Hmm...I saw both back in the 1976-77. Duane of course was gone . I'd say it's like trying to decide which kid is your favorite.

I listen to the ABB more than I listen to LS .

I saw them twice at Littlejohn, before Duane died. I think

Jan 27, 2020, 6:49 PM

2nd time was just a couple weeks before he died! They were still great without him, but just not the same. He was an incomparable guitarist, at such a young age!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I saw them twice at Littlejohn, before Duane died. I think

Jan 28, 2020, 8:44 AM

I think that was September 17, 1971. There is a great audio of ABB live at the State University of New York Stoney Brook on you tube. It has the best version of Blue Skies I have ever heard. It's almost 12 minutes long. If you haven't heard it it's worth a listen Duane dies about 6 weeks later October 29.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxaKgQncXeM

Jan 27, 2020, 5:21 PM

Love both bands but skynard has to be my favorite....Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2020, 5:21 PM

ABB invented the style. Skynyrd supercharged it.

Jan 27, 2020, 6:36 PM

If you ever saw the Brothers play live you would know that is not so

Without the Allman Brothers, there is NO LS

Man.. that's like saying Mudhoney is better than Nirvana***

Jan 28, 2020, 10:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 27, 2020, 6:44 PM

That's idiotic, Skynyrd is/was the ultimate southern rock party band, but the Brothers blew their a$$e$ away from a musical standpoint.

When it comes to ranking the southern rock bands, I would

Jan 27, 2020, 6:45 PM

put Allmans and Marshall Tucker ahead of Skynyrd. All three were great, but the Allmans and Tucker were more innovative! Nowadays, I find myself listening to more Tucker, than the other two, because their music is so diverse, combining country, blues and jazz like no other. It is a crying shame that Marshall Tucker isn't in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Re: When it comes to ranking the southern rock bands, I would

Jan 27, 2020, 8:40 PM

No way for me to choose among those 3. Load up all 3 in CD changer or playlist on phone, select random, hit play. Oh yeah, pour myself some good bourbon or a frosted barley pop! ??

MTB, LS, ABB - toss me in a Hatchet and Blackfoot***

Jan 27, 2020, 9:57 PM [ in reply to When it comes to ranking the southern rock bands, I would ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When it comes to ranking the southern rock bands, I would

Jan 28, 2020, 8:07 AM [ in reply to When it comes to ranking the southern rock bands, I would ]

I think from a musical standpoint that ABB and MT were more polished but LS was just coming into their own after adding Steve and Cassie Gaines to the core. That was the tour to promote the Fire album and G'ville was one of the first stops. I think the Fire album was by far the best and most polished work they ever did. Though aside from the tunes on that one Cutis Lowe is still one of my all time favorites.

BS:

Jan 27, 2020, 8:45 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUvxRjYqjEQ

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BS:

Jan 28, 2020, 8:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDIQ7Otf1mw

Oh no you didn't

Jan 27, 2020, 8:51 PM

I am about to go put on Midnight Rider right now! Just because you had the nerve to suggest that, LOL!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bring it on Rambilin Man..i'll give you Two Steps Mister***

Jan 28, 2020, 7:55 AM

I'd hate to have to pick between them.***

Jan 27, 2020, 8:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With exception of the Filmore album

Jan 27, 2020, 9:02 PM

never cared for AB. Filmore has to go on any list of ALL TIME BEST Live albums,as does One More From The Road. Always been more of Molly Hatchet fan. Those first 4 albums are GREAT,after that it was hit or miss.

Re: With exception of the Filmore album

Jan 27, 2020, 9:14 PM

Had a friend with tickets to Skynard at Greenville Memorial Auditorium.Blew it off for a date night.Told him next time.Little did I know there would be no next time.Crap.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hatchet was ok, but not in the league with the big 3!!***

Jan 27, 2020, 10:37 PM [ in reply to With exception of the Filmore album ]

Opinions are Opinions

Jan 28, 2020, 10:40 AM

but nothing the so called BIG 3 did touches Flirtin' With Disaster album. Nothing else Hatchet did didn't touch it either LOL Hatchet was a little less lazy and more Rock than most Southern Rock was

Re: With exception of the Filmore album

Jan 27, 2020, 10:58 PM [ in reply to With exception of the Filmore album ]

me too! wondered if someone was going to bring them up.

I dont care so much for ABB, and I'll admit that I've tried. they had great musicians and I like DAs vocals, but put it all together and what I perceive is the one band that really created what I think of as southern soul.

LS. Those guys knew how to swing and out it all together in a way that sees me thinking they were the embodiment of southern rock.

Marshall Tucker is very unique but I would associate them more with AB.

MH was a harder driving form if what LS created. I did enjoy those first 3 or 4 albums. It seems southern rock died when Danny Joe Brown died.

though the Allman brothers are now dead, their style lives on in Tedeschi Trucks . in fact, I like them more than I did ABB.

here's hoping for a southern rock renaissance in the not too distant.

Anyone who doesn't care for ABB, isn't really a southern rock fan!!

Jan 28, 2020, 9:25 PM

You better go back and listen to ABB's first two albums***

Jan 28, 2020, 9:22 PM [ in reply to With exception of the Filmore album ]

Umm.

Jan 27, 2020, 9:42 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I concur

Jan 27, 2020, 10:43 PM

Eww that smell that’s all around you. At 17 yo I totaled a perfectly good Eagle Talon AWD turbo as that song played. I made it out alive, the car didn’t lol

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Had the Allman Brothers "Eat a Peach" 8 track growing up -

Jan 28, 2020, 8:08 AM

must have played that thing till the tracks wore off it. BUT... Lynyrd Skynyrd is still my favorite. Didn't really listen to Skynyrd very much until I finally bought Lynyrd Skynyrd's Gold and Platinum album in late '79/early '80 - from that moment on the best Southern Rock band competition was over for me...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2020, 8:39 AM

Wrong. Duane Allman was in a different class.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Respectively disagree.

Jan 28, 2020, 10:32 AM

Nm

ok..so iove been cebrating my oldest acceotanc e to clemoson

Feb 2, 2020, 12:22 AM

all night..

i youtube allman botthers

i youtube lintd skynard

Lnyd scknbrd > allman boers

i was born in 1973

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic