Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Outfielder Marcell Ozuna returns to Atlanta Braves on.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Outfielder Marcell Ozuna returns to Atlanta Braves on.....

Feb 5, 2021, 9:11 PM

four-year, $64 million deal

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With an option for 5th year..

Feb 5, 2021, 9:15 PM

Love this signing!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With an option for 5th year..

Feb 5, 2021, 10:44 PM

Me too, awesome!

With Trevor Bauer going to the LA

Feb 5, 2021, 9:21 PM

The Braves will not even come close to a World Series

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With Trevor Bauer going to the LA

Feb 5, 2021, 9:28 PM

Agree. The braves have a solid rotation If everyone progresses and stays healthy, however the dodgers are spending their way to the next 2 World Series rings. The have to be paying a butt load of luxury tax money.

I would not have signed Ozuna for 4 years. He can’t play defense and unless they have been told the D.H. Is permanent, I just don’t see him not being a huge liability in left field. Should have signed Joc Pederson and let him and Duvall handle LF. Hopefully Pache comes along and Acuna moves to RF to solidify the OF

Feb 5, 2021, 10:58 PM

outlaw1081 said:

Agree. The braves have a solid rotation If everyone progresses and stays healthy, however the dodgers are spending their way to the next 2 World Series rings. The have to be paying a butt load of luxury tax money.

I would not have signed Ozuna for 4 years. He can’t play defense and unless they have been told the D.H. Is permanent, I just don’t see him not being a huge liability in left field. Should have signed Joc Pederson and let him and Duvall handle LF. Hopefully Pache comes along and Acuna moves to RF to solidify the OF

Except Duvall is a FA...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2021, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: With Trevor Bauer going to the LA ]

Joc Peterson?? Lol.

Ozuna isn’t a great fielder by any means, but pretty much any major league organization would take him over Joc Peterson. Hitting will always take precedence over defense in corner outfield players. It’s not even close as to Ozuna and Peterson at the plate. There’s no argument there.

Feb 6, 2021, 3:18 AM [ in reply to With Trevor Bauer going to the LA ]

Dodgers had to beat them in 7 games to get there when ATL only had 3 starters, 2 of whom were rookies. How much closer you expect? 1 game from a World Series?

Feb 6, 2021, 3:18 AM [ in reply to With Trevor Bauer going to the LA ]

Dodgers had to beat them in 7 games to get there when ATL only had 3 starters, 2 of whom were rookies. How much closer you expect? 1 game from a World Series?

Feb 6, 2021, 4:59 AM

Fair enough. Hopefully your right.

The Braves had the best bullpen in baseball last year, so that will need to be at least matched to get back there next year. Especially in an era where starters are only going 6 innings. Interested to see if they move Folty and Newcomb to the bullpen or give them another shot in the rotation.

Don’t get me wrong, i expect to get back to the NLCS next year, however you add Bauer to that rotation in L. A. and that’s 3 No.1 starters in a rotation.

Either way, ready for Clemson and Braves baseball.

Feb 6, 2021, 7:29 AM

Bauer is a poison in the clubhouse. He’s very talented but will mess up any team dynamic they have going. They made a mistake signing him.

For the braves Ozuna was just the right thing to bring everyone together. Foreseeing losing a starter braves will be dangerous come October this year.

I think it's great. Ozuna had some monster hits...

Feb 5, 2021, 10:42 PM

...last year and has a great confidence about him. He's getting paid for performance. He certainly would be an awesome DH if it goes that way in the NL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Outfielder Marcell Ozuna returns to Atlanta Braves on.....

Feb 6, 2021, 11:28 AM

I'm so happy about this. He is one of my favorite Braves players! Hopefully, the season will be closer to normal this year.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic