Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With Napier, Steele and Sark out where does that leave TE and BV.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

With Napier, Steele and Sark out where does that leave TE and BV.

Dec 21, 2020, 5:16 PM

Do you think one of them would take the Auburn job? When Clemson has a great 2021 class coming in? We’re that not part the 5 invited to interview by Zoom? Have either one of them taken their name out??

Hope both coaches stay at Clemson. A lot still to accomplish here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With Napier, Steele and Sark out where does that leave TE and BV.

Dec 21, 2020, 5:19 PM

No its gonna be Bill Clark from UAB. Just wait. His last game will be a route of the Gamecocks on the 26th!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2020, 5:29 PM

That is a good name. I'm thinking Neal Brown, but Bill Clark would be my second guess.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2020, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Re: With Napier, Steele and Sark out where does that leave TE and BV. ]

I hope you are right. Bill Clark would be a really good HC for anybody after what he accomplished at UAB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clark said no.***

Dec 21, 2020, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: With Napier, Steele and Sark out where does that leave TE and BV. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Dec 21, 2020, 5:24 PM

I believe Auburn is a big-time coaching job with big-time pressure for its head coach. But the buyouts are generous.

Elliott should speak his peace and listen to what they have to say. National championships can be won at Auburn and the timing is right -- Saban can't stay at Bama forever. It's a big step up from USF.

Dec 21, 2020, 5:28 PM

I doubt either would accept an invitation to interview. I doubt whether either will be extended an invitation to interview.

Auburn is going to do everything they can to make a splash hire. I suspect that some agent, probably Jimmy Sexton, is gonna put a virtual gun to the big money donors head and say, "You wanna pay my guy what I said, or you want me to pull the trigger.

I still think they are gonna get a sitting head coach. I know nothing. But, my guess would be Neal Brown. (Just looked it up, his agent isn't Jimmy Sexton. But, it is Patrick Strong who is the agent for Dabo and several others.)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2020, 5:40 PM

There was an article that BV and TE were invited to interview for the Auburn job via Zoom. Steele, Bill Clark and Sark were the others. There were 5 total.

Dec 21, 2020, 5:41 PM

If I’m TE or BV, I’d stay far away from that Auburn gig. One sub or slightly over .500 season and you’re looking for another job.

Dec 21, 2020, 5:56 PM

I would agree. And Auburn’s culture is the polar opposite of Clemson’s culture.

Dec 21, 2020, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Re: With Napier, Steele and Sark out where does that leave TE and BV. ]

I agree. Life is cool here. Why spoil it.
I am not saying don't take up a HC job but not this one.
PS have a feeling that if Clemson wins NC, BV will be in line for one more salary increase. If need be he may take a part of his to pay BV. Dabo does not look like the greedy type.

Dec 21, 2020, 6:09 PM

Per reports Coach V did talk to Auburn today. That is all that was reported and the article gave him a 3.5 out of 5 chance of becoming the coach, same as the UAB coach who they’ve talked to now 3 times. I think it’s more like 1/10 BV goes.

No***

Dec 21, 2020, 6:24 PM

YWIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic