Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With Carman's declaration for the NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,361

With Carman's declaration for the NFL

Jan 7, 2021, 4:09 AM

it leaves the LT spot vacant. Parks or Leigh? It will be interesting to see if Leigh can step in and lock down that LT spot before the season begins. Those would be the only two that I can see with even a shot at locking down that LT spot, with the other at RT.

A lot will be riding on this position battle. This will be the key to how far this team will be able to go. Facing UGA early will be a true test.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With Carman's declaration for the NFL

Jan 7, 2021, 4:57 AM

I am really hoping Parks is ready and the man for that spot.

Jan 7, 2021, 10:02 AM

I fully expect Parks to be the LT next season. Parks is the most technically sound offensive lineman that Clemson has had come in since Hyatt, imo. Parks, came in listed at 275, but he added more weight, 295 currently, to go along with an abundance of technical skill and a mean streak as well.

RT will likely be McFadden for the start of the season. That will change as Leigh gets acclimated to the college environment and also the speed of the game. Leigh has the tools to be dominate from day one. The mental aspect could possibly take a little longer to adapt to, but I see Leigh locking down a starting spot before the season ends.

I think that it will be Parks at LT and Leigh at LT by the end of the regular season.

(Beginning of the season)

Parks -LT ( Will be a beast. Has all the tools to Excel and dominate)
Bockhorst - LG (The only senior along the line. Will need to step up and lead a very young, but very talented group of linemen)
Rayburn or McFadden - C ( I would rather see McFadden at center, which he has some experience, rather than at RT. Not a fan of a 6'2" 300poind tackle on either side.) ( Rayburn should be ready to step up as a RS-So. Linthicum will likely redshirt I would think.)
Putnam or Vinson -RG ( I think Putnam takes the spot here.)
McFadden - RT ( unfortunately the RT spot will be extremely crucial early on due to big games early in the season. That means experience will be very important and even at just 6'2" 300, the prototypical size might not be there, it experience will be) ( Would like to see if John Williams can add some good weight this off-season, came in at 280. Williams has the talent but lacks experience and needs to bulk up. If he does I feed bulk up, he could present McFadden with a serious challenge for the RT spot which would greatly benefit everyone involved. Especially Clemson.)
Leigh, injuries aside, will have taken the RT spot before the ACC championship game.

I could be completely wrong in my thought process and the staff could start out with Leigh at LT and Parks at RT.

Jan 7, 2021, 7:37 AM

It will be Parks. Leigh isn’t an early enrollee, too much to learn this summer. If he can provide some depth toward the end of the season, that would be the most we should expect.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frankly, I think he needs another year...

Jan 7, 2021, 7:55 AM

That said, wish him nothing but the best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 7, 2021, 8:31 AM

Parks will be a starter somewhere on the line next year for sure. Most likely LT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 8:46 AM

Parks Seemed like things were slowing down for him towards the end of the season. He's going to be a MONSTER next season. Fully expect him to be in one of the starting Tackle Positions next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Next year will be the time for some of these higher rated

Jan 7, 2021, 10:11 AM

O-Line recruits the last couple of years to live up to their billing. Dabo really started focusing on this group two years ago. Carman, three years ago was the first really highly rated recruit that we were able to lure away from some of the other big programs, seems like. Next year will be the turning point, if there is to be one, for the better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Carman vs Mitch Hyatt

Jan 7, 2021, 11:24 AM

who would you rather have back for another year at Clemson if you could?

Message was edited by: tigertrain®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,361
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic