Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Winston vs Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Winston vs Watson

Nov 1, 2013, 11:57 PM

Espn just said these two are carbon copies coming out of high school, except Winston is 6'5 and DW is 6'3, however Watson is faster. They showed a 5 minute segment on our guy talking about his job and dealing with his mom's cancer. Highly recommend it, this is a first class human being!

I think with his running ability our read option game will be more of a big play threat, and Morris will have a field day.

Ready for DW to get on campus and show what he can do. Stoudt and Kelly better look out, either way we will be in good hands!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

link?***

Nov 2, 2013, 12:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Winston vs Watson

Nov 2, 2013, 12:16 AM

If Watson is anything like Winston... we would be incredibly lucky. Winston is a real special player. That is a lot of pressure for an incoming player though.

Nov 2, 2013, 1:18 AM

I think it is great we have a commitment from a guy that looks as fantastic as Watson does, but I don't think we will see him starting next year. Cole Stoudt knows this offense really well, and has looked good in the backup role when he has been called in, but I think we will likely see Chad Kelly starting next year. Every time I have seen him play, which admittedly isn't much, he has looked like he has the talent to be great in this offense. He is really fast, knows the offense, and looks to be a good passer. Maybe it is just me, but I think he has the tools to shred other teams in this offense.

I definitely agree with you, we look to be in good hands in the future.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2013, 1:23 AM

Unless Watson or Stoudt gets hurt, I don't think Kelly will ever see the field as a starter tbh.

I bet

Nov 2, 2013, 1:35 AM

One of them will transfer, but let them battle it out, and hopefully stay healthy.

I don't have the link but I bet it will be on gameday!

Re: Winston - redshirted and Watson's stock fell in Elite 11

Nov 2, 2013, 5:30 AM

Stoudt deserves to be 1st team, and Morris may have to adjust his offense to accommodate this much better pro-style passer than Boyd! However, Chad can provide change of pace as backup and then take over the next year. With no injuries, Watson may not be starting for a couple of years. Whatever, we are blessed and hope all three are high draft picks!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our offense doesn't work if the QB doesn't run.

Nov 2, 2013, 10:43 AM

Stoudt will be on cleanup duties next year if he doesn't transfer. Watson redshirts if Chad stays healthy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looked good last night, but lets not crown him just yet.

Nov 2, 2013, 6:54 AM

He hasn't taken a snap in college and its a different game - just ask willy korn.

Watson reminds me more of

Nov 2, 2013, 7:45 AM

Cam Newton. I was shocked last night with the running ability of Watson. He reminds me so much of Newton with his running skills. Winston can run, but not even close to Watson. Watson has above average passing skills, but Winston is much better. I think Watson will be just as dominate on the college level. I just think his style is completely different.

Nov 2, 2013, 9:27 AM

Calm down and wait and see if this kid is everything you think he is. Remember Willy Korn? Remember Willie Simmons? Both were supposed to be "saviors" and neither panned out. A lot can happen, including, unfortunately, injuries. I personally hope that Watson comes in and takes the job and turns out to be our version of Manziel. (minus all of the drama) I think that Kelly ends up being the bust of the 3, and Stoudt doesn't have the running ability to run this O at full throttle, so if Watson red shirts, we are probably in 4 a long year next year.

"We"? Really?***

Nov 2, 2013, 10:11 AM

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In a way, it's good for us ...

Nov 2, 2013, 9:34 AM

...that Winston was a redshirt freshman this year.

He obviously had talent last year, much as Watson will bring to Clemson, yet his first year was learning the system and getting comfortable.

If Watson follows a similar path, the benefits will be apparent in 2015. Can't wait!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are reloading at QB in 2014 regardless. Tajh has

Nov 2, 2013, 10:48 AM

been fantastic, but a lot of his big numbers has a lot to do with our system. Either way we're looking pretty solid there for the foreseeable future.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic