Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
so-called greatness run of UConn is an embarrassment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

so-called greatness run of UConn is an embarrassment

Feb 13, 2017, 10:36 PM

the game tonight with USC exposes why. UConn has clearly identified a "weak" player on USC women who will not shoot the ball- USC's point guard. Doesn't even guard her. The player defending her just drops back in the lane as a lane clogger. USC is out there passing the ball around trying to work the ball inside, but it's all clogged up. You would never see such a junk defense run in men's ball b/c there's never a player that bad at shooting that you can just drop his defender back in the lane. This is what high schools do. IT shows how weak the women's game is, and why one team can dominate if they can get five good players.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so-called greatness run of UConn is an embarrassment

Feb 13, 2017, 10:42 PM

You're watching women's basketball?

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Really?

Feb 13, 2017, 11:00 PM

...women's basketball?...time to turn in your man card for sure!

Yes. That's what this mens season has driven many to.***

Feb 13, 2017, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Re: so-called greatness run of UConn is an embarrassment ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree

Feb 13, 2017, 11:02 PM

I;m just not impressed by this UCONN thing. There's obviously something wrong when 1 team is so much better than the rest of the field

How do you feel about John Wooden's UCLA men's teams?

Feb 14, 2017, 1:17 AM

They won 88 consecutive games, and 10 national championships in 12 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How do you feel about John Wooden's UCLA men's teams?

Feb 14, 2017, 2:13 PM

They should hang a banner in honor of the booster who paid Jabbar and several of his teammates handsomely for their services.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Re: I agree

Feb 14, 2017, 1:40 AM [ in reply to I agree ]

There's just a dearth of really good women players. UConn gets the best out of a very limited pool of good players. Since women really can't jump, really good and tall players are at a premium. UConn gets a lot of them.

More embarrassing is that

Feb 13, 2017, 11:18 PM

Cootlumbia is actually having watch parties all over town for this game... and the news stations are actually reporting on it as the lead. Sad, just sad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Desperate times call for desperate measures. They want so

Feb 14, 2017, 12:14 AM

bad to be relevant in something, anything. When your arch rival is king of the mountain - reigning NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - in the sport that matters more than all the others combined, it's gotta be a tough thing to deal with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2017, 11:24 PM

Who
Gives
A
####

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Feb 14, 2017, 12:05 AM

Women's basketball is all they have. Well that and horseback riding and fishing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't be dissin' on fishin'***

Feb 14, 2017, 8:02 AM

We've seen it from Brownell all season.....

Feb 14, 2017, 7:39 AM

It seems like every time the team sets foot on the court, some opposing player has a career night shooting the ball because the Clemson defense leaves him open all friggin' night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Uhhh Cleveland essentially ran that defense in the NBA finals 2 years ago

Feb 14, 2017, 7:49 AM

They let Draymond green run around unguarded unless he was right near the rim.

Re: Uhhh Cleveland essentially ran that defense in the NBA finals 2 years ago

Feb 14, 2017, 3:38 PM

no they didn't. The Spurs did that to LeBron though, played at least 4 feet off of him just to force him to shoot

Feb 14, 2017, 5:45 PM

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/6/10/8755837/nba-finals-2015-cleveland-cavaliers-defense-golden-state-warriors

It eventually stopped working but they definitely did it.

Feb 15, 2017, 7:54 AM

I didn't remember them doing that to Green, I did remember them doing it to Livingston and Iguodala, and Iggy went on to be the finals MVP that year, if this is the same year I'm thinking of. Maybe that's why Green has become a much better jump shooter

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/12/4421720/lebron-james-spurs-vs-heat-nba-finals-2013

This is the one I was talking about.

Feb 14, 2017, 7:51 AM

Maryland will beat them in the tourney.

Didn't watch the game so I have no clue what type of

Feb 14, 2017, 8:26 AM

defense UConn was running, but teams run similar defenses all the time in the men's game. Now, rarely is the PG given space from the perimeter to the FT line, but it's pretty frequent that a perimeter player is given a lot of room in an effort to double someone in the post or somewhere else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

this was excessive. She could have walked up and shot

Feb 14, 2017, 4:52 PM

fr the FT line.

Wimens College Basketball is an embarrassment... Just

Feb 14, 2017, 2:24 PM

Goes to show you that I here aren't enough decent female athletes to go around in order to form enough equity in the sport. For one program to be that head and shoulders above everyone else is a total joke. Title IX and the entire gender equity in sports is a joke.

I have many friends with daughters who compete in many sports. They will even admit how painful it is to have to go and support/watch their respective programs compete. If it wasn't for their own daughters participating they wouldn't spend one nano-second spectating.

I know there will be some of you who will lambaste me for saying so but you all know it's true. Women's sports generally suck to watch (w/ the exception of Olympics) and none of them would be able to support themselves w/o their male programs to support them.

Re: Wimens College Basketball is an embarrassment... Just

Feb 14, 2017, 3:15 PM

I don't know your buddies, but, I have daughters who play volleyball and softball and I find them both very entertaining. I used to feel the way you say your buddies do, but, once you are around it you appreciate it much more. Basketball is slower certainly, but, women's volleyball and softball are both great sports to watch. The biggest difference is the kids are playing because they love the sport, not so much to try and make a career of it. I guess those kids from UCONN must have some big families, because there wasn't an empty seat in the gym last night.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the "Let him shoot" defense on

Feb 14, 2017, 2:39 PM

many occasions in the NBA and NCAAM.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm pretty sure I've seen the "Let him shoot" defense on

Feb 14, 2017, 3:33 PM

I am not a fan of the woman's game either. I tried to watch last night but had trouble concentrating on it and flipped over to WVU pull a ####### and lose to Kansas.

Having said that I see no reason to disparage something just because I don't enjoy it. The women players work just as hard as men and to them and their friends and family, the game means as much as any men's b-ball or football game. Same with every other sport. You may enjoy football the most but not everyone does or holds it in the same esteem. To put down any sport must be an attempt to make up for your own shortcomings.

Also, I would mention that the women at USC are averaging TWICE the attendance for home games that the Clemson men's team draws (almost TRIPLE actually there). The So Car. men and women are the only teams in the country to be in the Top 20 in the polls and the Top 20 in attendance for both programs.

Meanwhile, the entire Clemson basketball continues to experience exceedingly difficult challenges.

nope, not like this was***

Feb 14, 2017, 4:53 PM [ in reply to I'm pretty sure I've seen the "Let him shoot" defense on ]

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic