Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why you should cheer against UGA tonight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Why you should cheer against UGA tonight

Jan 8, 2018, 1:58 PM

Very simply put: recruiting battles. We cross paths with UGA far more than Bama for recruits. Do we want Kirby Smart telling one of our recruits that they're the king of the hill? No thanks. We don't want them on equal footing as us and by that I mean that I don't want them able to show off rings and trophies like our staff and players can

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have the #1 recruiting class this year, without being

Jan 8, 2018, 2:00 PM

in the playoffs. Making the playoffs this year, or winning the championship, isn't likely to help them or make them an attractive destination. They don't need help, and they are already viewed as an attractive option.

Besides, we are also one of those attractive options for recruits. We have been in the last three playoffs, and won the national championship just last year. UGA's success isn't going to change any of that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: They have the #1 recruiting class this year, without being

Jan 8, 2018, 2:04 PM

I understand but you're missing the point. Who says they couldn't have pulled away a TL or KJ Henry if they had won the 2016 championship. I am aware that they have an incredible recruiting class but their is always potential that they could take away one or two of our top guys we would normally get.

I get your point. I just don't think the outcome matters.

Jan 8, 2018, 3:40 PM

Any recruit who is being heavily pursued by teams in the upper echelon is beyond making his decision on wins and losses. All of the top programs right now, including Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State, seem to be well positioned to be in the playoff conversation for years to come. Although Georgia is a new addition, I don't feel that they will improve their perception in the eyes of recruits by winning tonight.

The decision for players at this point centers more on location, facilities, coaches, etc.

I also don't think us losing to Alabama changes our standing with recruits. They know we are a strong program and will be back. Instead, those recruits are now looking more at facilities, coaching staff, chances to get early playing time, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: They have the #1 recruiting class this year, without being

Jan 8, 2018, 2:17 PM [ in reply to They have the #1 recruiting class this year, without being ]

Their lack of success may change if the Tide actually does roll tonight
I'm counting on that

Why did Zamir White and Mays pick them over us

Jan 8, 2018, 2:20 PM [ in reply to They have the #1 recruiting class this year, without being ]

They didn't make play off 3 yeats in a row

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why did Zamir White and Mays pick them over us

Jan 8, 2018, 2:32 PM

For Zamir it was easy because they have and have had some of the best RB's in the country for the longest time. Not sure how/why they got Cade Mayes. Still missing my point. There is always room for improvement. At the end of the day all I'm saying is it would be nice for us to still have great success recruiting in the state of Georgia and not have to worry too much about Kirby and co.

Re: Why did Zamir White and Mays pick them over us

Jan 8, 2018, 5:04 PM

Kirby expanded his staff immediately upon arriving in Athens. He's got recruiting eyes and ears encompassing the nation now.....I mean he's recruiting preschoolers identifying future talent.....Dabo can't compete with that. We'll never allow another Deshaun Watson to escape our grasp again. Kirby gets who Kirby wants.

That's exactly my point.

Jan 8, 2018, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Why did Zamir White and Mays pick them over us ]

Beyond a certain level of success, I don't think playoff appearances or wins matter. Guys want to win, but they also want to go to a school that allows them the opportunity to play good competition, enjoy good facilities, and ultimately play in the NFL. Georgia beating Alabama isn't likely to change recruits' perception of Georgia at this point.

Yeah, national titles don't matter.

Jan 8, 2018, 2:39 PM [ in reply to They have the #1 recruiting class this year, without being ]

Holy #### your posts are ####### wacky.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

less chromosomes?***

Jan 8, 2018, 2:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because I know some Georgia fans and because

Jan 8, 2018, 2:14 PM

I can. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

something we can agree upon***

Jan 8, 2018, 2:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because I know some Georgia fans and because

Jan 8, 2018, 2:14 PM

I can. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could not care less

Jan 8, 2018, 2:21 PM

Championships are won on the field right? Not in February.

Them winning a title is not good for Clemson because it adds to their national title total. Recruiting will be good for UGA regardless

Re: Why you should cheer against UGA tonight

Jan 8, 2018, 2:37 PM

Pretty simple for me. Put everything else aside and if you have to lose, it is better to lose to the team that won it all than the team that got beat by the team that won it all.

Jan 8, 2018, 2:42 PM

> Pretty simple for me. Put everything else aside and
> if you have to lose, it is better to lose to the team
> that won it all than the team that got beat by the
> team that won it all.

Plus I grew up in the late 70s / early 80s so I hate UGAy almost as much as the Coots!

because they are Georgia...that's all the reason I need***

Jan 8, 2018, 2:46 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're dumb. And a coot.***

Jan 8, 2018, 2:52 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: You're dumb. And a coot.***

Jan 8, 2018, 3:05 PM

I'm a Clemson graduate but nice try

the only time i cheer for the dawgs is when they play

Jan 8, 2018, 3:05 PM

the coots

16-16 ..........and recruiting***

Jan 8, 2018, 3:42 PM

Jan 8, 2018, 3:45 PM

Plus listening to the idiot dogturds that call into wccp.... they lose and it puts that flame out!

We don't recruit against anyone.

Jan 8, 2018, 3:54 PM

If they belong at Clemson they come to Clemson. If they don't, we don't want them here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2018, 4:52 PM

I kinda want one or the other to beat the heII out of the other .... but haven't decided which one yet! I could switch in mid-stream!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic